Do you know what 5150 means?

I do think some of you can get this right and who ever does gets MHO. AND NO CHEATING!

• I do know
    30% (3)38% (13)36% (16)Vote
  • I don't
    70% (7)62% (21)64% (28)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
3|20

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually looked this up a while ago when watching a TV show someone made the comment "They 5150ed him"

5150 refers an involuntary psych ward. Ie getting locked up in a psychiatric institution without your consent or a conviction. It's the classic hollywood visual of a person getting dragged away by people in white lab coats screaming.

I didn't watch the video so I don't know if it refers to anything else.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's some kind of police code for a crazy person lol not sure though, that band is so bad though 😂😭 if you like J-rock you should check out One OK rock or Girugämesh

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• 5150 is a very popular guitar amp head made by Peavey and used by a lot of metal musicians for high gain sounds. Eddie Van Halen actually used it too. I think it was originally designed for him. Together with the 6505 and 6505+, they are basically what I think of when someone says "metal amp." Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine use em too.

If I recall, you listen to Amon Amarth? They use a 5150 (or at least they did) with a bunch of different pedals.
    i.ytimg.com/vi/B6d-V6Nfmq4/maxresdefault.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • www.wrestlingdeals.com/.../...a_cabeza_t-shirt.jpg

i136.photobucket.com/.../5150B.jpg

It's when you keep it hardcore, like a 187, keep it hardcore L. A. X is a weapon. Keep it hardcore, now count your blessings, 5150 ain't nothing to mess with. (Song lyrics to lax5150 lol)

1|0
    0|0
  • Van Halen album. I remember when it came out 30 years ago because it was the first one without David Lee Roth singing and that was big news.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_(album)

1|0
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • A police code.

1|0
    0|0
  • 5150 is an album by Van Halen. It isn't also a cop code for a crazy person on the loose.

Regards,
    GoldCobra

2|0
    0|1
  • I know its a code for crazy people for cops.

1|0
    0|0
  • not a clue

1|0
    0|0
  • I know exactly what it meanas, its a number, one higher than 5149 and one lower than 5151

1|0
    0|0
  • is it something like 1488?

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a Film--5150--Elms Way.

1|0
    0|1
  • The number after 5149? lol 😅
    I've never heard of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cop code for crazy

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't fucking know

1|1
    0|0
  • I know 2110 is🎶🎶🎶

1|0
    0|0
  • Weed?

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it means you're clinically insane. That'd what I've at least heard

1|0
    0|0
  • hmmm the band that sung the opening for Noragami, I like it :P

1|0
    0|0
  • 5150 is a slang term for acting in a crazy manner. 5150 is a section of the California Welfare and Institutions Code, which allows designated professionals to take someone to an approved psychiatric facility for involuntary 72-hour treatment and evaluation, if he or she is suspected of having a mental disorder that makes him or her a danger to self, a danger to others, and/or unable to provide their own food, shelter, or clothing

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Has something to do with crazy bitches I'm pretty sure

3|2
    0|0
  • Sounds familiar but not off the top of my head, no.

1|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

they sung an opening for Noragami

• 1mo

@PhilX - My sister and friend tried to get me into that... Think I watched 2 episodes :/ Just couldn't.

• 1mo

fair enough, not necessarily a show that you just have to watch but I do admit it has good music