Are there any atheists out there?

This country was founded on religious freedom, not christianity. A person has the right to choose what religion they wish or no religion. Are there any other athiests out there? If so, do you openly admit it to others or keep it to yourself?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm practically an atheist.

I dont advertise this, because it always gets in the way. Talking about religion is like talking astrology. It's not fun and people can't let it go.

You're definitely right about that. Some "christian" people get so bent out of shape when they hear the word atheist. What do you mean by "practically"? I'm just asking out of curiosity not trying to be a jerk.

Logically speaking, one can't be an atheist for certain (a strictly philosophical stance). I'm an atheist not because I'm certain there is no God, rather, I'm practically atheist because the evidence of God is so irredeemably poor that it's moot to live life as if God existed.

Debating this topic with religious people over time makes you logically fortified. Lol. You can't give 'em an inch because they will use that inch to make their annoying points.

Most Helpful Girl

• Here🙋🏻
    I feel like religion is retarted. It's literally so old, we don't believe in witches anymore either so why do we still believe in god? All that religion has done is created hate and seperation, not love.

I totally agree.

@G-Daz oh, fuck off mate.

The question was for atheists, not Christians that can't read or spell or make any kind of sense.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm a metaphysical Agnostic and a theological Atheist. So probably closer to La Veyan Satanism. I try not to be aggressive with it but when someone is being an asshole about their own beliefs being "correct" I do what I can to make them see the behavior for what it is. Not here to change beliefs but nobody is allowed to be an asshole to me.

• I tell when its appropriate.

• Yup. Openly, wooo!

• I am an atheist and yes i do. In my country its normal to be an atheist.

What country are you in?

I think we have a majority of atheism here yes, churches are converted to libraries lol.

I love libraries.

• No eww

• atheist are like vegans how do you know they are atheist don't worry they will tell you

• There are definitely atheists here, you better believe they'll let you know too

Requirements to become an Atheist:
      1. Hair trigger temper
      2. Terrible fashion sense, socks and sandles galore
      3. Big ginger beardss
      4. Teenager conversion (generally within ages 12 to 19 after being such devout 15 year old believers)
      5. Athest converts that grew up Christian generally claim they stopped being Christian when they started using their brain. So prior they were a bit slow

do you have a reason of substance for your ideas or do you just have emotional impulsive responses ot find answers?

You're the one who said atheists wear sandals.

• im athiest and im happy to tell people but i ain't got it on a t-shirt. i do like them bumper stickers though, the ones of the sign of the fish but the fish has legs

• I would say that this nation was founded as a nation whose majority of people happened to be Christian. As a young person (high school through early 20's) I was very atheistic, but majorly changed directions in my early 40's.

What made you change, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, just saw your question. The only reasons I can think of was that I began paying attention to what religious and political things were happening in the world, plus the fact that my wife told me that she, and a lot of people had been praying for me

• Hi there😁

• I'm agnostic.

You didn't specify which country 'this country' was but I suspect you meant the USA which was absolutely a Christian nation.

Most western countries outside the US have a pretty low rate of belief.

It's just hard for me to imagine, since I'm surrounded by churches. I'm in the US. Thank you for your answer.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm atheist and I have no problems admitting it at all. Only religious fanatics tend to have a problem with atheists so I couldn't care less, when I encounter one of those I usually joke about being a Satan worshipper and gone they are lmao

• Yes, I'm atheist. I unfortunately live in an extremely conservative county and will only tell people if they ask.

• the athiests I met, openly admitted to me.
    One of my classmates was athiest and one day we were talking about online games, and the topic came up and he said so without any feeling of embarrassment or whatever

• 100% atheist and all my friends and family know. I have had people try to get in a philosophical discussion with me but they have never succeeded in making a sound case.

• What country?
    Im dutch and an atheist. Was raised like an atheist 90% of the kids around me were raised like atheists and most of my peers are atheists or agnosts now, too. It's in my culture and I feel no need to change it.

I never realized how some other countries viewed Christianity. This has been very enlightening. I'm in the US by the way. Thanks for your input.

• Yeah

• There's many atheists

Either your one or not. Just don't rub it in and we're all cool

@TheWiseOldMan2 It does me good to see people arguing in a good way for once

@TheWiseOldMan2 No need to apologize. We're all just talking here. Thanks for being rational. I really don't know if any other atheists here. I'm literally surrounded by churches. I can see four churches from my house. Lol. This town has more churches than it has doctors.

• I am agnostic, I don't tell anyone till they ask.

I don't say anything either unless someone asks. People act like athiests are lepers or something where I live.

Yikes, same with my culture which is why I don't say anything about it to old people.

• Athiests are the firsts to tell the world they're atheist.