What do you do when you feel guilty?

I cry

1mo I try to do something about it. I used to do it in self harm

Most Helpful Girl

• "It depends" but it really does depend.

What did I do? Who or how many did it effect? How badly were the consequences? --- Usually I think of a solution or what I can TRY to do to fix it.

Don't let it get you down or sad. That doesn't help anyone ;)

** Keep your head up, sweetheart. <3

"I try to do something about it. I used to do it in self harm "

^^ You feel like you're lacking something in life, missing something, am I right?

:P No, you just live in the wrong state. I get where you're coming from with how you feel.

How do you think I knew? :O Wait.. Could she be psychic! hehehe. I wish I was.

Thank you for MHG :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what I'm feeling guilty about really. If it was something I said or did that was inappropriate, I will usually apologize to the person or people I offended. Sometimes I will feel guilty about other things, like I will wonder if I'm a good father to my kids, that I provided for them well enough and things like that. When this happens I will usually think, I will think about what I do, and that even though my kids don't tell me all the time that they do love me. Overall I don't use or have much use for guilt. I don't like to be manipulated by guilt, so I won't use it as a means to get a given result. I only mention this because of my feelings on it I don't often feel guilty.

What Girls Said 15

• I think about it for a really long time, and have no choice but to sleep on it, which makes me feel a little better.

• I swallow my pride and admit what I have done wrong. Nobody deserves to be deprived of information that one deserves to know, especially if I owe someone an apology and one needs to know the truth.

• Own up to whatever I'm guilty about and take full responsibility. If I'm guilty about something, it's because I did something wrong and bad.

• Drink! Until I either forget about it, or come up with a crazy plan to remedy the situation...

• I try to do something, that would make me feel less guilty. Or I try to look at the bright side of the situation (if there's one, of course).

• I feel bad. I cry about one topic, it brings back bad memories.

• I get really upset with myself and try to fix the situation.

• Apologize a lot to them.
    Cry alone hahahha

• Cry, then stare at the wall for ages thinking, before eating and then probably sleeping

• Retail therapy and studying.

• I get upset and try to fix it if I can.
    Sometimes I sleep or eat to take my sadness away but doesn't work all the time.

• I just get fucked up emotionally. I don't know what to do.

• I feel bad

• Push it away. Or fix whatever is making me feel guilty

• Get mad at myself... get over it

What Guys Said 7

• I get paranoid thinking I'm going to guest star on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMalvNeJFLk

• I get angry with myself for whatever I have done

• Depends on the kind of guilt.

If it is guilt that is founded in reality then I try to make up for it.

• I get a good attorney.

• If the person is understanding, I apologize. Otherwise I stay quiet.

• I get mad at myself usually

• Move on with my day.