Do I sound like a cowboy?

I been riding horses since I was young. I also belong to a horse club call the Backcountry Horseman of Washington. People have commented on that I'm a great rider. However, I do not wear cowboy boots or a cowboy hat. I do like country music, but I listen to metal and rock more. I do wear skinny jeans and vans sometimes when I ride.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being a cowboy doesn't mean that you have to have a certain look. It just means you know how to break them ride them love them and take care of them.

My grandfather was a jockey/ horse trainer from Colorado. He taught me everything there is to know about taking care of a horse. I file their hooves put new shoes on them clean them train them and love them all with wearing snake boots and a baseball cap.

It doesn't matter what you look like, it matters what you know.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure, but find a cowgirl. I bet they know how to do the cowgirl in bed

What Girls Said 12

• Lol cowboy? No def not. The country boys i know would never put on a pair of vans lol they think my vans and converse are "cute" lmao. I dated a very southern guy and he never wore anything other than boots. Not necessarily "cowboy boots" but work boots of sorts.

• All you need is to start wearing a cowboy hat and you're officially a cowboy, lol.
    By the way, do you happen to be from Texas?

• Somewhat, like you have a horse, been riding since you were young, and you're a member of a horse club.

• Maybe a hipster cowboy

• You sound more country than a cowboy

• I guess you do somewhat

• A cowboy who wears Vans lol😂😂

• Nope

• Not sure, I do not live that lifestyle

• you should not wear vans when you ride. always wear something with an inch of a heel to prevent your foot from slipping through the stirrup and trapping you while your horse runs away and then you die.

no you don't sound like a cowboy they have more horse sense than that.

I personally knew jockeys that wore "all the proper gear" and they have still gotten dragged. It's not so much not having enough sense it's about not paying attention to your horse, not being in tune with your horse is what gets people killed.

And my horses never spooked easily because we scared that right out of them from the time they were young.

Toklo was my best friend my horse and I have ridden him bare back and bare foot. My mother is Full blooded Native American and she taught me to ride tasunka that way, the traditional way.

@Emiko no offense. but you're one of those idiots that rides without a helmet aren't you?

• Can I ask you? you wear tight white pants while riding a horse?

• A little bit

What Guys Said 7

• Not really. Most cowboys don't like metal.

• You aren't a cowboy unless you have the boots, hat and smoke Marlboro reds lol.

• Yeah you do

• Not sure, never met a cowboy before

• Start wearing boots and a hat

• Maybe that's the "modernized" cowboy. Sometimes I wish I could be a cowboy like this character, because this is one of the first things that come in my mind when I hear the word "cowboy":

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• No a cowboy would never come on this website... you sound like a person who believes in female equality so no. Far from a cowboy.

Lol not sure how female equality has anything to do with this question

Yeah you're a "modern cowboy" which means you're not the true, traditional cowboy. You're just another feminist

@loveHorses this guy is clearly as my mother would "wash she sho wee ko"

Ride on cowboy!