Does anyone else feel like life is pointless? If not, what moves or drives you to do anything?

I have been thinking that no matter what I do or accomplish in my life it won't mean anything or give me a sense of fulfillment in the end when I die.

I have been having empty feelings progressively over the past year and this was just a thought that has been on my mind lately which I wanted to express...

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, I do know what you mean. Sometimes I wonder what would life be like if I was immortal, but then that would mean I'd stick around for a long time and see the destruction of mankind, just the terrible things we're capable of doing. I don't think I'd want to stick around for that long.

What you do or accomplish isn't pointless. How you treat people, how you behave, the decisions you make or don't make all have consequences. How you portray yourself around people matters. If you're kind, don't say bad things about people, etc, people will most likely favor you and will not mind going out of their way to do things for you, becuase you're likable and trustworthy.

The things you accomplish could very well inspire someone else. The thing is we will never know how much of an impact we do cause. You just never know who's looking at you.

Life is a journey. It's a story. While you're here, you may as well make the most of your life. Some people's only chapter in life is to starve, to go through poverty, and will never understand or come to know a better and easier life past that. Take advantage of your freedoms and go try to travel the world, go see cultures and different ways of living. It may actually help you feel good about life.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a feeling many people have at some point. But you see, it is unhealthy to live such a cynical and existential life.

You may say that people only say it is wrong to think that way because they are afraid of the truth, but that is false. Next time you are laughing, uncontrollably laughing, ask yourself if life really has no purpose.
    You may continue with your train of thought for some time, but in the end you realize that there is a point, there is a goal.

I think I have found the answer, have you?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it sucks having negative feelings.

What Guys Said 2

• YES life is POINTLESS!

• My goal in life is to wipe out all ningens.