Why do people believe in god lmao?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why can't people who don't believe in God respect other people's right to their faith?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• I don't even believe in God but I have something you lack called RESPECT for others. You need to get off your high horse kid, you ain't better or special just because you don't believe in God. Also, I saw you said that you believe in science, not God, but faith and science can coexist, guess you aren't as smart as you think you are if you couldn't figure that one out 😒 🙄

• lmao?

Why do 15yo kids come online to post conceding and disrespectful questions with an attitude of know-it-all superiority?

www.pendello.com/~pendello/media/ImAnExpert400.jpg

• I do not believe in god

• So who created the universe then? If the universe needs no creation, neither does a god.

What Guys Said 17

• Because people can't handle the random chaos of life. The human mind has a very strong urge to have things "make sense". And a 5 year old child dying of leukemia *doesn't make sense*. That level of cruelty, and more, needs to be rationalized and justified. Thus, belief. Suddenly, you realize all this pain and suffering is actually *for something*. There's a *purpose* to the random, painful bullshit in life. God. And not only that, "we don't have to be afraid" because death isn't the end. We get to fly up into paradise for ever and ever and ever.

It's a defense mechanism for weak minds. It allows them to cope with things they would have difficulty coping with otherwise. It gives them a sense of purpose and motivation and safety.

• There's many reasons.
    *Childhood indoctrination
    *Where they were born
    *Lack of critical thinking skills
    *Personal experience
    *Network of family and friends
    *Lack of understanding of scientific theories
    etc...
    Most atheists used to believe just as deeply as theists do. But like Jim Jefferies says, "people keep asking questions, and that's like fuckin cancer ro religion." Because -and I know this is going to come as a shock- bronze age myths aren't reliable at all when it comes to earth and the universe. But because of the reasons I listed and others, people have trained themselves to hold onto their beliefs even when their beliefs contradict facts. Even when their holy books contradict even themselves. Even when their holy book is wholly immoral, incredible, and fantastic.

Let me give you a tip, one that I'm still learning as well. Learn to be patient, respectful, knowledgable, and tactful in your dealing with theists. Insults and condescention do no good. But asking them questions and answering the questions they have for you could potentially get them thinking.

• There has to be a creator of the Universe. If we can create things and robot themselves, then there could be sumone far more intelligent than us that created us and the world itself juz like how we humans created these things that we hve right now right? 🤔

Good opinion.

@Flurr i believe that the universe and all living things were created tho. Without the creator of the universe, there would be no living organism living here. Juz think of us as checkers. To complement the board, we need checkers. To complement the earth, it needs living organism. Its as simple as it can get if u think hard enough but what can i say? people nvr take the time to think before maken assumptions.

We are the most intelligent life form on earth and we created everything in the world so can we say that there could be sumone whose far more intelligent than us that created the universe and every living things? Our intelligent was given from God and robots intelligent is given from humans.

• Hawkings already proved that it's not necessary to have creator. People are just scared to believe anything else. Hell look at Galileo when he said the earth isn't the centre of the universe, hundreds of years later people still doubt science.

"You can't teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself"

But some people don't want to be helped.

• It's highly subjective but I think the most common reason is people do believe that there is a superior force above us who is omnipotent and the one who created us and the universe.

• For the same reason that people believed in Odin, Zeus, Ra... we're taught to do it and we live in a Christian society. In other words, the environment we live favors this belief. Some people abandon it, some people don't.

• Some were raised to believe in Him. Others have had experiences and questions that have led them to Him.

• They're sheep and do not know how to lead or think on their own.

• Why don't you respect other's views? If you don't that's ok just don't be a prick lmao

• They need someone to tell them what to do. Hence why they're the sheep and god is their Shepard.

• Who are you to ridicule others believes?

• tldr

• Because their parents told them that there's a God when they were kids

• How can you not?

Because science

I don't believe in and thing supernatural or stuff I'm only 8

Big bang theory is essentially the same as Creation theory.

• Allah created the universe, but not as idol, he is everywhere, its proved. You should read about it and you will see.

• I'm an agnostic Jew. I question the existence of god, but, I celebrate the Jewish religion, having been Bar Mitzvahed, both were my choice, and I'm a college educated person

• Why are people assholes lmao!