Why Do You Think Some People Prefer Music Instead Of Movies (:?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you can do other work while listening to music while you can't do anything while watching a movie

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that --- because of the lack of visuals --- music can be a more uniquely personal connection to each individual sometimes. The imagination is stirred by the music to visualize different things, depending on the person. A bunch of people in a room can sit and listen to a song and yet they all could be imagining different things from the song. On the other hand, a movie doesn't usually allow that many possibilities.

With that said, I'd rather sit for 2 hours and watch a movie rather than sit for 2 hours just listening to music. :P

What Girls Said 9

• I think Most People Prefer Both, @Red88xxx, but it Depends what Mood they are, for either One, Hun.
    I have been More into Movies, things Like this Lately.
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for Sharing. xx

• You can run music in the background.

• um not sure just what they like i guess

• Funny I prefer both 😊

• Its their preference

• Movies are longer than a song?

• Weirdos.

• I rarely watch movies unless it's Bollywood

• Why can you not have both?

What Guys Said 13

• For me, music just hits me and sticks with me more than movies. There's also an attention span factor, haha😅 Plus music is very versatile. I can listen around the house, in the car, at the gym, pretty much anywhere, and obviously you can't do that with movies. It can get my full concentration or it can play in the background and just create atmosphere. And it provides me with an energy most movies don't.👍

• While I am watching a movie, I am absorbed in a false reality that someone else has prepared for us to appreciate. When I am listening to music, I can create my own false reality.

• i'm sure some definitely do. i know some people who don't really have the attention span for movies.

• Some people are more visual, others are more "audible" (they prefer melodies, rhymes, verses, lyrics).

• It's easier than watching tv since you don't need to focus on watching and listening, you can just do your work or excersise with no distractions

But I tend to watch tv way more than listening to music

I did it because I don't like when someone just goes and downvotes every opinion

Yeah I agree, if it was only 1 or 2 of us I wouldn't have said anything

• I think with music, you can do other things with movies you have to watch and listen

• I prefer music 10000 times over movies because I can multitask with music. I can listen any time and while doing anything

I think the downvoter is that moron who watches movies on his cell while driivng

Its Editor I replied to him saying you really just disliked everyones opinion on here and he didn't even reply back

• Because they're blind

• music is the soundtrack to life

• No special reason, they just like it better.

• dont know, but i prefer both

• No idea

• i prefer music but only cuz movies now days are mindless special effect orgies or superhero cum fiestas.