If we all end up dying, what's the purpose of living?

Most Helpful Guy

• Without ranting for a long time, (which I do tend to do.) I'll just say that I'm of the opinion that life is beautiful because we end up dying. I am christian, but I won't bring too much faith into it.

That life can grow, against all odds is beautiful. We live in a universe that is growing increasingly chaotic near a gigantic ball of fusing gas. And on this relatively small rock, it so happens that there is a way for things to just kind of make themselves.

I guess it could happen anywhere, but this is the only place we know of. It's not for lack of trying, but we haven't seen this life anywhere else. And it's weird. Life is weird. It is almost like randomly, parts of the universe just kind of developed a consciousness and started doing it's own thing. Whatever it wanted. I attribute it to the God I believe in, but that's just my opinion.

Either way, we just kind of happened. And we don't see things like that very often. Almost never. Not to mention that we've been bombarded by rocks from space, blasted with radiation from the very thing that gives us life and we can't seem to stop being at each others throats. The fact that we came to be what we are is amazing enough, let alone we survived to continue developing into what we are.

I think it's pretty special. And that we are all our own person is even more special. We develop as a species and as individuals. I've loved seeing and experiencing both, and I can't wait to continue doing so.

What Girls Said 4

• What's the point of eating ice cream? If you leave it too long it'll melt and if you eat it... well you'll have eaten it, it'll be gone.
    You can enjoy the ice cream well it lasts and eat it or be upset and let it melt.

• Question to ponder...

• what's the purpose on borning, you shold ask 😂

• So, that we don't die for as long as possible...

What Guys Said 21

• Is the purpose so important? Will seeking out purpose give you peace or will you find more peace in acceptance? I prefer to accept that I am here and to make the most of my time here. Some may find purpose from their religion, others may find it elsewhere. However, here we are and here we remain until such a time as we don't. Hence it benefits us to make it as pleasant as possible.

• This ques trouble me too few times in past and still. So m gonna write my full heart in it.. sorry in advance for long answer. Deep ques have deep and long answers.

Firstly u have to believe that you me and everyone are just made up of matter, the same matter which came in existence 13.2 billion years ago so what really makes us a being is our intelligence.
    Our very own existence is nothing but a momentarily intelligence which is known as "life". It may be an offence for a RELEGIOUS people who thinks of themselves so special and believe in afterlife, but trust me what m saying is true.
    Now death is only the dissolved of this existence same as the death of an AI In a robot, body matter will stay but the intelligence will b gone.

So coming you main ques.. "what is the purpose?", As I said our existence is just an intelligence and hence our purpose is how we analyse our surrounding enviorment and act. Every intelligence is different hence everyone has diff task, you need to find that task which in general form is said as "do what you love and you will never work again".

Also our intelligence just not able perform task, it also able to enjoy and emotions and hence its only objectify our purpose to go ahead and feel all that emotions and enjoy our life in whatever way we wanna but not in way to come in way of our professional purpose.

At last we die, and the only thing left is basically the offsprings we produce by our intelligence, yes your kids will be generated by you and hence your intelligence, bow as everything evolves and do better , this gives another purpose to our life. I. e to create your offspring intelligence bttr than you. Yes makes them bttr than you, and in a way it can be said you are truly lived and left the remark of your generated intelligence in universe.

Sorry for long answer but as I said... deep ques have deep answers.

• What's the point going on vacation if you eventually go home? Enjoy where you are, and where you've been.

• to enjoy the time we have while we have it.

• That is a question that every thinking individual must answer for themselves.

• Why does it have to have purpose? We give our own lives a purpose. What do you wanna live for? Do it!

• who knows. does it matter?

maybe there simply isn't a purpose. but we are here anyway, so we might as well make the best of it

• Think about life and not dying that is what I would do.

• To enjoy it as much as possible just in case it matters

• Biologically it's to pass on genes and continue the human species.
    Personal opinion, it's simply to enjoy it, whatever that means to you.

• forty two

• Passing on genes.

• To enjoy it while you can.

• To enjoy the journey.

• There is not really a purpose i believe. Just enjoy the moment

• There is none

• To make the most of it and explore opportunities to affect the world around you.

• i ask the same thing

• To suffer before you die.

• to fuck hot girls.