How do you make life more fun and make it seem like it's going slower?

I'm almost 30 years old and to me the last 20 years or so seem like they have gone fast and the last ten years very fast. What can I do to make them feel like they're going slower?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a planner 😊 I have a bucket/experience list and try to cross things off often. For gifts I give experiences and usually buy myself one to go with the receiver. I try to go overseas every year and if I can't I learn a new hobby or skill to take up time and meet new friends. My sister and close friend died when we were young so I'm trying to live for them too. Life may get boring but it's a priveledge denied to many

Which countries have you been to?

What was New Zealand like? And what was your favorite country out of all those?

My family are from there so I'm biased 😊 It's gorgeous though, and lots to do on both islands. Adventure activities are amazing there if that's your thing

Most Helpful Guy

• The only thing that makes it feel slower is being awake longer and getting up earlier all the time, doing things that are fun and accomplishing things that you wanted done. Find a hobby or activity you like, I noticed if I do a lot of things in a short time it appears longer the week

What Girls Said 3

• The reason they go fast is because of your perception of time and you can't do much about that. When you were 10 years old, 5 years was half of your life. Now that you are 30 (almost) years old, 5 years is only a sixth of your life. There isn't much you can do to make it go slower, other than being depressed and unhappy which I do not recommend.

• I'm 20 & I really don't care

• Just take small moments and really enjoy each sensation. Focus on all your senses and make sure your thoughts are always in the moment. Try not to feel rushed and try to relax more.

What Guys Said 15

• i feel like living in the moment is the best way to make life seemingly slow down. obviously you always have to be conscious of your future and your past but i think dwelling on either diverts your attention from the present. and when you aren't living in the present it becomes your past without any real activity in the present.

• I have a theory about the passage of time and why it seems to go faster as you get older. It also seems to go more slowly at times.

This is about memories. You have memories of events in your life. But when looking back over time your memories tend to be more about eras. You might have a memory of your high school years, your college years, the years in a certain relationship, the years at a job, etc.

Your long term memory looking back doesn't count in years, it counts in eras. This is how you organize memories. If a certain era was 2 years, when looking back it's much like an era that was 10 years. So the 10 year era seems to go fast because you skip right past it as you are counting back through time.

If your life is mundane, and you are doing much the same thing with little variation, the time will go faster when you look back. So I think the question about how to make life more fun, and how to make time go more slowly have the same answer. I'm guessing what you need is just more variety. You need to make an effort to break out of your routine and do something different.

I don't know what you think is fun, that's up to you and your interests. But I think if you find yourself in a routine, coming home from work each day and doing the same thing, you need to start pausing and ask yourself, "Do I really want to hop on the computer and play a game, like I've done just about every other day?"

I think the important part is just to do something different, anything. Whether it's going for a walk or riding your bicycle, working in the garden or whatever. Once you break the routine, then you can start looking around more for "fun" things to do. But you have to get out of that comfort zone. You have to be careful not to become complacent, when your thoughts say "I want more" but your actions don't change.

• The key to fun life is making a to-do list and challange yourself to do wild adventorous things like going to wilderness areas, mount climbing. Music makes life a lot fun. Go out to interesting hangout spots where cool people hangout out. Make new cool fun friends

• Go out and live! Go on adventures, do memorable things, get up early and don't stop until the sun has long since gone down.

Sitting at home playing video games (as an example) or watching TV, and life starts to blur until you don't have any sense of time passing. But when you go on vacation somewhere, and have new activities several times a day, doesn't it feel like you've been gone a million years when you finally get home a week later?

• Grant your future, your family if you have your own. Make a list, things you always wnated to do that take long time, or travel (i love traveling) i worked at an air port long time ago and the company gave us some discounts so yeah, there was a lot of traveling.
    If you have a career that's even better, if you don't try to make some options, the more you do the longer time to finish them and trust me it will look like life is slow.

Did you get to travel the world?

South America and Europe would love to go to.

Do you have a plan?
      I would love to visit north and south america but the traveling is on hold at this moment in our lives. We are trying to control our economy so soon we start having kids. Am work as a chef and i like to see other countries foods.
      I can recommend you to travel to Europe but do some research before you book or plan and look after what you want to see because there is so much to see here in Europe. I've been in 8 countries in Europe and feels there is another 100 countries more to see.

• You can't slow time man. You need to start doing the things you dream about, and not looking back. Start taking trips, build a race car, take flying lessons, dance class, play an instrument? If you are just sitting around playing video games you are wasting time.

• Make memorable memories and take the time remember memories.

Here's a mental exercise that helps you realize time really doesn't fly:

- if you think event A (10 years ago) seems like it happened yesterday force yourself to remember something from 5 years ago (even B), then remember things between A and B and between B and the present, now you have 4 periods you can further subdivide with memories. Keep doing this until you realize how much stuff has happened in the last 10 years and suddenly event A feels like it was a lifetime ago, by extension an event 10 years in the future then seems like it's still a lifetime away.

• plan to do nothing and not worry about things for a period of time. Go for a walk, talk with friends or family. Do not have a goal in mind. Notice that when time ticks the slowest is while you are waiting with nothing to do. Push all other things aside and just take time to notice time.

• Life sucks

• don't make them slower. Just keep on enjoying life and every second it has to offer why you can. That's what retirement for. Take more risk and meet more people. Slower usually means boring. Take some time to yourself to take in your accomplishments and all the good people you met in your life.

• I would just take a step back and plan ahead to pace life at whatever pace you want it to go at.

• it will speed up more as you get older. the only time it goes slow for me is when i take time out the ratrace and escape to my bulgarian off grid retreat.

• Best thing to do is to always wear a watch N continuously look at ur watch, time will move slower.

• Nothing. It's actually a good thing.

• Get married. Have a kid. Cheat on your wife and get divorced. I guarantee that your life will seem to drag on forever.