Can Anyone Tell Me What This Quote Means?

"A secret's worth depends on the people from whom it must be kept" -Carlos Ruiz Zafón

i kinda have an idea of what it means but I'm not 100% sure. I suck at poetry & riddles 🙄

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that secrets may become more important to keep, depending on how they'll be used against you.

Let's say I do something bad, like get a blowjob from a young coworker when I'm a married man. My wife may find out about it. She may forgive me. She may divorce me. If I'm this type of guy, I want to keep it a secret. I don't want a divorce; I just want to sweep my transgression under the rug.

But let's say I have political opponents and I'm the president of the United States. My opponents might take this information and attempt to destroy me and my marriage by creating a huge scandal.

See how it's now more important to keep this secret a secret?

What Guys Said 4

• That makes sense to me - The bigger the secret is the harder it is keep it like from your family or other friends,

• The value of the information that must be kept a secret is determined from whom it must be kept secret.

• lol I tried but my brain got like tied in a knot.. Apparently I'm not good at it either 😞 Sry haha

• I'm pretty sure the quote is just saying a secret's worth is measured upon who it is kept from.

What Girls Said 0