Have u ever shoplifted?

have u ever did it?
if yes-why and for what?
if not also why?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because I'm against stealing. It's not about the stores though. I have a friend who sometimes shoplifts small stuff like chocolate bars and never gets caught. His argument is that big supermarket chains don't give a shit about this type of small-scale shoplifting (he doesn't shoplift clothes or electronics). And he's right. Big supermarkets throw away thousands of tons of food that is still perfectly edible. I don't feel bad for them being robbed of a few bucks. However, I do care about the principle of not stealing. It's a norm we all have to adhere to if we want to live in a peaceful and functioning society. For the same reason, I wouldn't ever kill anyone, even if I hate that person. There's certain ethical principles we have to hold high. If we don't, it will never be possible to live together in a respectful, peaceful way. This is why I don't steal. I don't care about the big supermarkets and their financial loss, I care about the ethical principle of honesty.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was a little girl, around 9 or so, I remember stealing a small sweety/candy from a shop. I ended up telling my mom and she made us go back to pay for it. I felt very bad and learned my lesson. ^^

What Guys Said 4

• i use to and give it to my friends who couldnt afford to take their gfs out. were 15 at the time and i was such a good but stupid kid.

i just give shit away. downfall of growing up in such a loving family but the world is fucked so you live and learn to protect and negotiate.

• Yes but I only take things from my school because I think I shouldn't have to pay $2 for a stupid little bag of chips or a bottle of water with my lunch when they charge you several thousand dollars for the meal plan

• Once in high school, never again though. Shoplifting is stupid, if you can't afford something then you better get a job.

• A long time ago I remember I had stolen a few CDs that came with books at a local bookstore. It was strategy guides for various PC games and they were popular at the time.

What Girls Said 6

• Lol yeah I stole chewing gum when I was a kid 😂 I was like 6 or 7 or so hahaha it felt very liberating to be a little rebel

• Yes, I've walked out with some things on my cart that I didn't scan, not even realizing it.

• Yes I was 12 and it was some sort of jewelry from Claire I don't remember, I think I just forgot to put it back. I did not mean to and discovered that i accidentally did much later

• I have a few times, some hairclips from H&M. But that's about it. They wanted 5 euros for it and they really matches my outfit soooo...

Yeah but nothing else that I can remember.

• Yes, I have. Because Im cheap and it was easy.

• Ye, but not anymore. Years ago.
    Wanted it and maybe could not afford it. God has now become my Boss.