If you could travel to a country and live there for three months, which country would you choose?

Let's say airfare and housing/food is cheap over there (it's sufficient and the place is decent if not the best, the main point is to experience the culture and people). Which country would you travel to?

I would go to South Korea.

Most Helpful Girl

• Spain or Malaysia,
    Spain cause I love the country and the people a lot, and I find the food really nice, they also have a lot of nice sites to visit.
    images.r.cruisecritic.com/.../cartagena-spain.jpg
    Malaysia because thats where my best friend lives and the weather is super warm all the time and they have pretty beaches and super cheap amazing food. 😍 I've been to Kuala Lumpur and one of the small islands but there's like so much more to explore.
    geographical.co.uk/.../...dd2a13b69ce367cd4_XL.jpg
    I have already been to both countries but I would so visit again.

I might say Japan as well though, to be fair there's just so many places I wanna visit. I think a 3 month South & East Asia tour would sound pretty good, Bali -> Malaysia -> Thailand -> Cambodia -> Japan -> South Korea

Malaysia... Maybe as a tourist with the beaches and rainforest, multi cultural and diverse foods. Everything else sucks here.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a lot of countries I would like to live in for three months. Here in Europe, I would probably choose the Netherlands or one of the Nordic countries. Outside of Europe, I would like to visit a part of the world that I have never been to yet. These are central Asia, Africa and South America. My first choice would be a less touristy country in South America, such as Uruguay. I think that would be great fun and very interesting.
    I would also like to explore China. However, contrary to most people, I'm more interested in the rural, western part of the country where the rather poor people live. Big cities are less interesting because they look similar all around the world.

I have lived in South Korea for a year, together with my Korean girlfriend. If you ever make it to Korea, make sure to also visit the countryside. Tons of foreigners in Korea make the mistake of only staying in Seoul for years and never exploring the rest of the country. That's especially sad because capital cities don't always represent their country very well (London for instance is not a very good representation of England). South Korea has some really charming and beautiful places down in Jeolla-do or in the northeast in the province Gangwon-do or of course on Jeju. If my girlfriend and I ever decide to live in Korea for a longer period of time (5-6 years) with our future children, I will want to live down south in a small town. Seoul can be lots of fun but it's also an extremely hectic city.

What Girls Said 18

• I Did... Live 3 Months and More in Egypt. I probably would go back if things were Better over there.
    However, maybe India. I have Friends there who Would gladly Take me in, and I have Not seen Many problems from that End.
    Good luck and Great question, @Kelfuma xx

• I would go to the UK, probably Scotland. 1) They speak my language. 2) It's pretty over there. 3) They have a much richer history than the US.

• Someplace like Holland maybe.

• switzerland

• Germany for sure! Munich to be more specific. The most beautiful place I've ever been to

• Hard question. I've been to Spain (Barcelona) and fell in love with the city and culture. I think it would be great to spend three months there. Plus, one of my best friends lives there. On the other hand, I really want to go somewhere far from home, somewhere like South Asia, or Australia.

• UK or Thailand

• Japan. ^^

• I want to live in New Zealand for a while. I went there for Christmas and it was great.

• Germany for me :-)

• Alaska.
    No reason what so ever.

• Sweden

• I would really like to see what it's like to live in Norway

• Argentina

• I want to go to Italy.

• Not sure but there are so many places

• Italy for sure.

• Dubai

What Guys Said 29

• Nipon. Nihongo. For sure. I wouldn't want to live there, I don't think--maybe; but, it would be awesome to visit for three months. I really want to see those red, Shinto shrines and cherry blossoms everywhere.

www.transitionsabroad.com/.../...ng-shrine-pix.jpg

"nihongo" means the language... fyi

@redeyemindtricks Testing the waters by moving halfway across the world. Okay. xD

Spring is very beautiful in Japan. Cherry blossoms would line the streets where I lived. Really pretty.

• not sure. so many places i'd love to live. so i could kind of say anywhere. but based on recent trips I'd love to live in Portgual, Mexico's Baha peninsula, Italy, and Thailand

• Australia for sure!

I have always wanted to go there. It seems like an amazing country, with a lot of awesome things to do and visit

• I would do Japan (specifically Tokyo). It's a very beautiful city with great culture and I'm in love with Japanese food. And Naruto

• I've been to the US and Canada before and loved it, so they'd be tempting - I might try somewhere new, though, like Australia. I've never been there, but always wanted to.

• I would go to Germany

• Israel

• I guess maybe Spain... I don't know. I wanna go somewhere a bit more different, though 😬

• bulgaria but im not a dreamer. i have already got a property there and when i do go for more than a couple of weeks holiday i will be moving there permanently

• The UK or Australia. Maybe the Scandavian countries or Holland

• Australia.

• Turkey.

• Egypt or some other north African country or greece or italy.

• deffinitly czech Republic

• Spain or Costa Rica would be nice

• Japan

• 1 Holland
    2 Italy
    3 Switzerland
    4 South Africa
    5 United States
    6 France
    7 UK
    8 India
    9 Japan

• I'd go to Italy, I personally love art and Da Vinci so I'd like to visit some of the museums there and see some of the amazing Architecture and Scenery.

• New Zealand probably

• Ireland out in the nature. No technology just me and nature with none electric tools.

• Amuuurica.

• Syria.

• Zanzibar

• Switzerland or Denmark. But in summers only.

Do you not like skiing? ;-)

I'm happy you liked it! And yes, we're quite proud of our public transportation system. It's apparently one of the densest in the world... and probably the most punctual haha ;-). Most young people here don't even own a car or a motorbike because it's simply not necessary.

@BlueCoyote oh and the fooooood !! It seems like an average restaurant cannot even survive there. Every place has to be better than average.

The only BIG problem with Suisse... It is frickin expensive :( blows your budget big time.

• Spain or London

• Japan

• Australia. Spent 2 weeks in Melbourne to be with my girlfriend, I almost didn't leave.

• i would choose australia

• Norway far more democratic in regards to glbt rights, people don't treat their country like a garbage can, less crime and I like the types of weather they have.