Why are people so easily offended?

Can you set your ego down for a second and brush my words off your shoulder? I don't mean everything I say. Thanks.

Apparently, if someone falls asleep on me for the 10 millionth time that I attempt to sext with them, I still can't make a joke that they're terrible at it and might be bad in bed. I get a "f*ck you" and a cold "bye."

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think people are easily offended, the problem with texting, or any form texting, there is no emotions or body language behind the screen, so the person on the other side can't tell the context of what you are saying. I think personally any form of texting is anti-social anyway, yes its fine on odd occasions, but its not doing much for your social skills.

The other reason, most people are insecure. A secure person will never get offended by what people say to them, cause they confident in their own skin, and peoples opinion don't mean Jack shit to them. Its all comes down to confidence.

I could say your shit in bed, through texting !!!, but how do you know if I am joking or not. GET MY DRIFT.

To be honest I am not surprised your generation is so fucked, in terms of understanding each other, everything is done through the internet or texting on your mobile phones. When I was 15, I didn't have that luxury, I had to actually call the girl, or the girl called me, or we had to going knocking each others doors to talk to each other. This texting business never existed when I was your age. I don't think social skills will exist in the next generation.

If you want any success in the dating world, flaming get off the phone and the net, and starting meeting men face to face, that's the only true way of getting to know someone. You will never get know someone the way they make themselves to you, through the net or texting. Date the guy as much as possible, then decide if you want a relationship with him.

What Guys Said 13

• Preaching to the choir. People will be like that when they disagree with what you have to say. If you don't agree with me speak up have a conversation. Like wtf your proving to me you can't have a normal disagreement.

Right? If it bothers him, we can talk that shit out. Instead, he's just going to ignore me for the entire day.

People have fragile egos I guess. I wish people would get off their high horse on this question. 15 year olds sext, jerky off, have sex, big whoop. I I remember when I was 15 was jerking off and im pretty sure they were too lol.

• Well... mostly because Authority figures told them a horrible lie...

That lie was "You're special" lol

• Because being offended seems to be the norm now. It's the go-to reaction for people who have no actual justification for why they're in the wrong.

• because this last generation has been sheltered so much

• im not surprised that a 15 year old would be sexting, but are you really 15?

Yes. That's aside the point. Why do you think people are so easily offended?

Aside, beside... I guess it is kind of the same thing. I meant beside.

• People aren't easily offended.
    Offending people online is what is easy, because you don't have to suffer the consequences.

• tbh you are just as easily offended, otherwise you wouldn't have felt the need to ask this question :P

• I'd blow off an underage kid, too.

• Because the baby-boomers.

• What comes around goes around. Why would you expect anything otherwise.

• 15 year old's shouldn't be sexting anyway

• Maybe that person was joking too.

• Geez
    Who did you sext that had that type of attitude lol

What Girls Said 7

• I am not a Super Thinned Individual but I will Not be Made a Fool out of Me neither.
    "Offensive" for me, is Being on Here, dear, and people Commenting with Rude and Crude Comments when I Never am like this unless Someone Starts First.
    Do what I do, Pass them Coolly with a "Bye Bye."
    Good luck and Great question, @SilentShadow. xx

• Literally, I think it's a tend.

The more offended you are the better you are as a person - at least on social media.

People TRY to offend me and it doesn't work. I had someone literally tell me they downvoted me because they hated my face and I laughed my ass off. Lmao.

In regards to sexting tho, for such a young gal I'd say that's not too appropriate. But then again I cannot stop you. So obligatory "be safe kiddo."

• Some people just have fragile egos.

• There's so many things wrong with what you just said.

• tbh 15 is kinda young. Plus if your parents or his parents, or any adult for that matter found out and let law enforcement know.. Thats called child pronography.. even if it is a pic of yourself. Be careful kids

• Because people are very defensive

• I'm not but it's funny when people think that ur mad at them, lol