What does this quote mean?

"You can wait all your life, but you can't wait longer than that."
Someone I used to know just posted that on facebook.
& I thought I had heard this several times before, but I googled it and nothing came up.
I guess he must've told me that a few times before, I just still haven't figured it out.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can wait all your life but no longer than that. Basically saying don't be sitting around waiting. If you want soemthing to happen act on it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meaning you can spend you're whole life waiting for something. Though if you wait your entire life for it and it never comes that's it. You only have that amount of time to spend and if you spend it just waiting then you end up wasting most of it.

Could also mean you could wait your whole life for something to happen. Sadly if all you do is wait for that something to happen your time will run out. Then all that waiting ends up being meaningless because our lives are short.

What Guys Said 16

• The person is trying to say that the amount of time you have in life is precious if nothing else, limited. Don't put things off because there will be an end.

• He just said the most obvious statement like it meant something deep but it didn't

• It's a truism.

I know, I still somehow didn't get it.

In other words, it's obvious so there really isn't anything much deeper.

However, the point of the adage is that, if you want something, you can only wait so long and, if it doesn't happen, then you need to act in some way otherwise you will have wasted your life waiting.

• Well obviously you can't wait after you're dead is what it means so don't waste your life waiting

• its very simple, it means that you can wait all your life, but when you will be dead, you can't wait any longer than that

• It means don't wait to long, or at all. Similar to "That's why they don't put luggage racks on hearses ".

• It means that you should take action NOW instead of waiting for it to go better, we only live once

• You can't wait longer than your life cause you'll be dead

• well once you're gone you're gone so don't wait to do it or for it to happen just do it

• Yoiu have a limited time on earth. Don't waste it waiting.

• That means , You should not waste much time in procrastinating. You should act as early as possible.

• You can't wait after you die
    It's nothing deep
    Stupid quote 😂 LOL

• Life is short, don't waste it waiting for someone or something.

• You're gonna die one day so stop waiting and take action damn it.

• When you die, you can't wait any longer
    Meaning, you waited for nothing </3

I don't know its kind of corny, not so profound

• You can't wait longer than your life... that's all you have. Your life.

What Girls Said 6

• "You snooze, you Lose."
    Good luck and Great question, @Grace_Rdz xx

• I think it means that you only live once, so do the things you want while you still can. Like if I always wanted to sky dive and I said I would wait "you can wait all your life" now im 100 years old and on my death bed, wishing I had done that but now its too late "but you can't wait longer than that"

• I believe it means that if you were waiting for something/someone all your life, if you die next year, for example, that's all you could wait, because been dead you are dead! (you can't wait longer) I dont know what the conversation is about but think about a good comeback so he knows that you understood! Did that make sense? it sounds like he's a troll...

• Live your life to the fullest, you'll never have another

• It means life you life now because once you die there's no going back

• YoLo!