Obsessing over a celbrity?

Hi i'm 21 and i'm in college. I am obsessing over a celebrity and it scares me that i am not able to control it. I haven't physically stalked them or anything. I barely follow them on any social media. I am constantly thinking about them and i am on the verge of losing my sanity. No trolls. how do i overcome this obsession? No, i am not rich rnough to consult a medical expert\psychatrist and i have joined support groups but they only worked initiually and didn't work after a while.

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha! Look your first step is to realize that it's not as big a deal as it seems. What's happening to you seems to be very similar to people who suffer from anxiety where you have a problem and your so scared of it getting worse you go crazy trying to do something about.

I would drop out of the support group. Why would you go to that? SO that you can surround yourself with people talking about having the same problem as you? It's only gonna get deeper into your head.

Also find a picture of this person and take a good long look. This is a person. They went to school just like you did, they had tests, family problems financial worries, went through deaths and losses. These people are humans and could just as easily be your neighbor.

The more you avoid them the worse it's gonna be. It's not stalking if you watch interviews and read a little background on your favorite celebrities and it's also fine to model parts of yourself after things you like about them.

The more you try to avoid it, the less control you're probably gonna have in the long run. Moderation.

Most Helpful Girl

• Remove any instance of him feom your surroundings. You will stop thinking about him so often.

What Guys Said 3

• remember, it's just a celebrity.

• What is the extent of your experience with dating and sexual relationships?

• Realize that it's a small chance, VERY small chance that you will ever date or befriend that celebrity. You gotta know that celebrity crushes are very unrealistic.

What Girls Said 0