When did humanity begin?

1492.
When did humanity begin?

Some million years ago.

Ask God/Allah/Thor

1 AD

With the Big Bang

• 1492
  • Some million years ago
  • Ask God/Allah/Thor
  • 1 AD
  • With the Big Bang

Most Helpful Girl

• The oldest know human skeleton was 3.2 million years old. Since thats when the oldest one lived thats when it began.

Most Helpful Guy

• One of the earliest defining human traits, bipedalism -- the ability to walk on two legs -- evolved over 4 million years ago. Other important human characteristics -- such as a large and complex brain, the ability to make and use tools, and the capacity for language -- developed more recently. Many advanced traits -- including complex symbolic expression, art, and elaborate cultural diversity -- emerged mainly during the past 100,000 years.

Humans are primates. Physical and genetic similarities show that the modern human species, Homo sapiens, has a very close relationship to another group of primate species, the apes. Humans and the great apes (large apes) of Africa -- chimpanzees (including bonobos, or so-called “pygmy chimpanzees”) and gorillas -- share a common ancestor that lived between 8 and 6 million years ago. Humans first evolved in Africa, and much of human evolution occurred on that continent. The fossils of early humans who lived between 6 and 2 million years ago come entirely from Africa.

Most scientists currently recognize some 15 to 20 different species of early humans. Scientists do not all agree, however, about how these species are related or which ones simply died out. Many early human species -- certainly the majority of them – left no living descendants. Scientists also debate over how to identify and classify particular species of early humans, and about what factors influenced the evolution and extinction of each species.

Early humans first migrated out of Africa into Asia probably between 2 million and 1.8 million years ago. They entered Europe somewhat later, between 1.5 million and 1 million years. Species of modern humans populated many parts of the world much later. For instance, people first came to Australia probably within the past 60,000 years and to the Americas within the past 30,000 years or so. The beginnings of agriculture and the rise of the first civilizations occurred within the past 12,000 years.

humanorigins.si.edu/.../introduction-human-evolution

What Girls Said 6

• Can't believe this wasn't an option
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0a24ef14b3.jpg

• Thor has the answer.

• I mean, human life hasn't been around long. The people saying 'with the big bang' are so incredibly wrong.. life couldn't even exist at that state yet since the earth was still molding itself, a lava mess.

• Humans who look somewhat like us today have been around for hundreds of thousands of years.

• Humans have only been around for 100k plus years... the big bang happened 13 billion years ago

• Why would 1 ad even be a choice

Why would any of the other options be a choice?

Many people talk about world events, things that happen/are happening as if it's something new or that it hasn't been happening since the beginning of humanity.

@reixun
      Did the world even exist before 1492?
      ;)

What Guys Said 13

• Maybe you should have added "Google the answer when in doubt".

http://www.foundalis.com/bio/1st/1sthuman.htm

Not including the time before primates evolved into humans, we are around 200,000 years old according to here:

www.universetoday.com/.../

• Thor. I just asked him cuz he's my annoying roommate xD

img.cinemablend.com/.../...dfd5ff75e9ee90018e9.jpg

• Okay, it depends on what you consider human.
    If we are just talking anatomically modern humans emerged about 200,000 years ago with the fossils we've found in ethiopia.
    Now, if we disregard the anatomically modern part, then Homo Habilis a little over 2 million years ago

• None of the above. Homo Sapiens showed up about 200,000 years ago.

• When did humanity begin?

Well it began for me when I was born, so 1997.

• probably the moment we started using words for communication xD dunno at what point in time that might have been. come on with the big bang? how is umanity going to start if it doesn´t even exist.

• None of the above I created y'all and your all just a figment of my imagination.

• When I reached the cognitive level capable of understanding what humanity is.
    I can't prove anything outside of my conscience and understanding exists, so there ya go.

• Modern man, Cromagnum Man, (us), has been around about 40K years, living with the Neanderthals , who lived fo 200K years, until the ice age.

• F) I can tell you when humanity was lost, at the start of this Presidential cycle.

• Humanity begins every morning you wake up.

• When Alfred the Great was born.

• About 200,000 years ago