Voice: what do you think about yours?

I like what I hear, but when I hear a recording of mine; well, that is completely not mine. And I don’t like how it sounds. What about You?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like my voice, except for when I'm talking English. My accent is the ugliest thing ever. I'm ok with recordings, I think it's kind of funny to hear my "other" voice.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm okay with it. There are some bones or joints in you ear that causes a mild discrepancy with what you hear when you actually speak and what you hear when you listen to a recording of you speaking. Your voice is actually slightly higher than it sounds.

What Girls Said 9

• I quite like my voice, I think it sounds clear and feminine. I'm lucky I do not have a strong accent, I sound profoundly British.

• Every time I hear a recording of myself speaking I get the uncontrolable urge to apologize to anyone who's ever heard me speak.

• Voices often sound weird on recrodings but I like my voice in general.

• I don't like mine but I love to sing. I don't know how that's possible though. 😂😂😂

• I'm ok with my voice when recorded on a video camera, but I find it annoying when I hear it on the phone. It weirds me out. And makes me uncomfortable.

• My voice is alright.

• It's weird, but I got used to it.

• I dont like my voice, been smoking to long.

• Many people tell me it's raspy and cracked, one user on here has even heard it lol.

What Guys Said 9

• hate hearing my own voice on recording

• Yes I'm the same.

• Our voice always sounds differently to us than it does to others.

I like mine. My voice can command an audience ;)

lol, I thought my voice is the same, but I sound like a teen on recordings

• I don't really like mine :/

• When I hear myself it sounds annoyingly low, deep and nasally. When I record it and hear it, it actually sounds pretty good :D

• I don't like the sound of it but it's also not that bad

• Its alright. My voice is pretty deep so I'm happy

• It's always been a turn on for women so I like it.

• I'm used to it, it sounds quite like the voice in my head.