Anyone with automotive repair experience? Is this thing on my tire bad?

There's a bump on the tire. It hasn't hurt driving at all. At one with automotive experience?

Most Helpful Guy

• A "bump" on a tire may be a weakness in the sidewall. If you continue driving on this tire, you may have a blowout that results in loss of control and fatal consequences. You should put the spare tire on the car immediately and then take the defective tire to a tire shop. It will probably need to be replaced.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 7

• It'll eventually get larger as you drive on it. If you're just driving around town you should be fine for a while. If you drive on any highway or do more than 60 then you need a new tire.

You don't want a blow out doing 60+ that's dangerous to you and everyone else.

• Your tire is starting to delaminate. You probably hit a curb or a very bad pothole some time ago. The tire can blow out at high speeds.

• That bubble is a weak spot that will only get worse and will eventually cause the tire to blow out resulting in loss of control of car and accident.

• What the other guys said. It was probably caused by mounting a curb and pinching the side of the tyre between the rim of the wheel and the sharp edge of the curb.

• It's going to blow out sooner or later. My dad had one and it lasted a while til it got worse and exploded. I recommend saving the trouble..

• Sooner or later it's going to blow out.

• Nice. You'll probably be the guy that crashes into me because you had a blowout.
    Get a new tire.