Girls, do your nipples ever hurt/get sore?

Mine have been hurting for about 5 days now and I'm getting worried. I'm a virgin so no I'm not pregnant, my period is always extremely late.. usually I get it every 6 months. I went to the doctors last year to get checked out and they said I was fine. They aren't bleeding, no discharge is coming out... they're just constantly hard (except when I lay on them obviously) and sore... they don't hurt when I don't touch them though. But when I squeeze them lightly just to see if the pain has gone away they're so sore. Has this ever happened to you? If so for how long? Any help is appreciated thanks.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine get sore for a while as well, but it usually goes away after a week or so. There's a lot of changing hormone levels, so I don't think it's a big deal.

What Girls Said 3

• mine usually do before I'm due for a period. it's very common for that to happen. I wouldn't worry too much about it, stress can prolong your period even longer.

have you considered birth control pills? a few types help with period regulation. I was on Yaz for a couple of years because my periods were abnormally frequent and heavy, and it worked for me. if your doctor keeps telling you it's fine, go to a different one. women should menstruate every 27 days & not getting it for 6 months is abnormal.

• I think you should make another doctors appointment just to make sure nothing is wrong. It could be just sensitive to something and if you have been anywhere cold that can really hurt them

• Yes, before I start my period my nipples get sore and they hurt. I pinch them and put oil on them and caress it; will help with the pain and numbness