Have you ever noticed that people who live in rural areas are shorter on average than people who live in the cities?

• Yes
  • No
1mo I have done something really stupid. I posted this non-anonymously. Somebody bring an admin here.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't noticed. I mean, I suppose extemities could theoretically happen if one group of people have been separated from the rest of civilization for awhile, but I don't think it happens much today.

The only substantial example of something like this that I can procur is the Ba'Aka/Pygmy/Forest people. They average around 5ft or so (if I recall). They have lived apart from the rest of the world though for a long long time. Most people today are connected city to city and don't have that kind of separation.

So yeah, I haven't seen enough rural towns with shorter people to conclude there is any statistical significance here.

On a side note, I'm surprised you posted this non anon :O

So like a day more?

Yeah... well I will wait. Only option.

What Girls Said 5

• The opposite is true.

• No, I've noticed rural people are taller. They are healthier.

• No.. in my experience it has been the opposite.

• In my experience it is the opposite

• I've noticed they're stronger, and more resistant.

What Guys Said 0