If you could be Immortal would you take it, or would you think that you would eventually get tired of living?

Bit like 'a joyous adventure to be immersed in' versus 'the endless, eternal struggle of being'

Most Helpful Girl

• Dying is easy, living is harder. I'd take it.

What Girls Said 5

• Wouldn't wish immortality on anyone. Death is a gift, immortality is a curse. There's only two ways to live with immortality and that's to either completely have no recollection of anything and anyone for as long as you live. Or remember and constantly hurt and yearn bonds because anyone you get close to, you know they'll die and you'll outlive them or they'll leave you. In which, if you are immortal, you end up internally dead.

Are you taking a Theologically stance in answering this or is it just your view?

I agree, being needs to afford with passing

That's just one perspective... what if that person doesn't care about love and feelings? What if he chose his career in science and took up the task to explore other planets, as being immortal he can't be dead and trip to any planet and interstellar space he/she wanna.

@rocccky even at that point, immortality has its flaws. Even if the person doesn't care about emotions, there's an innate desire for all beings, regardless of species, to want to bond with others. Scientifically speaking, we all eventually grow attached to something or someone. The individual may not care for emotions but it doesn't make them disappear.

For the science part, let's say they did take up their career in science, it doesn't mean they cannot die. By definition, immortality is the ability to live forever, eternal life. But it does not remove all possible outside threats to ones life. Which means the individual still needs to eat, drink, have some input of oxygen and any basic life needs. Remove the basic requirements of life, they will die. There's only so much oxygen you can give them to explore what's in outer space, only so much one can devote themselves before they dislike it.

• I'm in such a good spot right now that I'd take it.

• ıf I will be healthy at the same time then there is no problem

• I wouldn't want to be an immortal *human* or an immortal on this earth.

• I'd love it, I don't think I would ever get tired of being immortal

What Guys Said 19

• Tick, Tock

An Immortal life is a curse, you feel pain and torment from wounds that can never heal,

You discover all the secrets of the universe, master every art,

Then what, sit day by day, night by night and watch your friends, family
    and loved ones slowly die as you never age a day

Only to repeat it over and over again with every new generation,
    every day would draw you closer to madness

It would be sheer and utter torment, after you master everything the world has to offer and humanity has passed into legend

And the world slowly dies around you,

You sit there a broken mind a bent will, a shell of a man who has accomplished everything but yet has nothing,

You ask yourself what is left? nothing, nothing is left... nothing but to wait and listen to the tick, tock of the eternal clock

• Depends on whether or not I could still kill myself. Can't help but feel like eventually you'd just want to end it.

As you get older the thing that grates is there are fewer 'hello's' and an endless array of 'goodbyes'

Would you take immortality if given the opportunity and why?

@Hanjheo no way- it would be a curse

• I'll take it.

• I'd totally be immortal. I'd figure out a way not to get bored.

As long as immortality means I don't age.

• Be God Emperor of Mankind for a few millennia, then blow my brains out when I feel like there's nothing new for me to do/experience.

• No, I think I would eventually get bored with it plus I would hate to see my loved ones come and go.

That is the catch, all the hurtful goodbyes. Not just to loved ones but also things like 'ideals' for you get so tired with the endless grind

• Being on this earth controlled by the devil forever, and not being able to go to Heaven? #NoThanks

• I'm already tired of living.

• I would take it so that I could act as a living relic, who can do what other's cannot due to inherent dangers and spread my knowledge and wisdom across the ages.

• Maybe I will get tired after seeing too many friends die especially true love has gone.

• no way in hell. i dont even wanna think about being immortal

• Yes i would like to be immortal, i would be a god among men, and women too.

• I would

• Well if you felt good yeah. Just means retirement would be impossible

• I can see the appeal of slipping away into the eternal quiet.

• Imagine being old and being unable to even take a dump alone, but you're immortal

• I dont want to be immortal but id like to live a thousand years in a young twenty year old body.

• I would gladly take life than attain immortality

Habib, couldnt agree more

If you are a fan you must be happy with how well Pakistan is going in the cricket. They have a very good team under 'Tuk Tuk' Misbah :)

Yes it is good but I am not a fan of cricket much, don't have time for that

• I'D TAKE IT