Should I tip the pizza guy?

I ordered a large pizza it was 21 dollars total. All i have is 22. He can have the.50cent

I work two minnum wage jobs and 9 times outta ten i work 7 days a week and i dont get tips at either.

All i have until Thursday is 42 dollars. Im giving him 22. I dont have much money to last til Thursday to be giving away.

I live on my own by the way

1mo Why do i have to tip if they charge me for the delivery. He not even the guy that made thw food. Or the person who tool my order.

Im broke but i want my pizza

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't owe him a tip, he's simply doing his job, so don't feel bad that it may not be much. 50 cents is no biggie, whether you can afford that or not -it's up to you :)

So if your wage depended on tips would you feel the dame. Delivery driver are paid less than minimum wage because they are supposed to make the rest up in tips like servers. Plus they have to pay for their own gas and often higher insurance costs.

I see that you are seeing it from the perspective of another country that I am assuming does not have a tipping culture. However in America we do and it's sad but the truth. I know many people that can't even pay rent much less buy food based on how people feel about "they aren't responsible for the persons pay". Especially when at the end of the year your taxes are based on the amount of sales you were responsible for.

That's very saddening, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your new president will be able to patch that up. I'm actually from Canada and tipping is normal here, but definitely not a necessity, again, probably due to our high minimum wages here. I hope things can look up for you guys soon!

What Girls Said 6

• Do what you want, but let me break this down. Where I live my friend that is a pizza delivery driver is paid slightly more than a server, but less than minimum wage because they "make it up in tips". Contrary to popular opinion they pay for all their gas, insurance and other associated vehicle costs, the restaurant does not. Laslyrics like servers they pay taxes based on your order. Yes when they go to file taxes the government says you gave them enough to tax their overall sales at 8.5%.
    I get that we all get into situations, but personally knowing this I never give a delivery driver less than enough to cover gas, 10% for taxes and a little extra for his actual tip.

Oh also that delivery charge DOES NOT go to the driver.

@MrOracle they catge me 5 dollars for the delivery why do i have to tip him a addtional 2 dollars.

For his job

Other job. That are minum wage dont get theses benefits.

Once again he does not get that $5 charge an he PAID for the gas to get to your house and back. How about you make less than minimum wage and pay for the gas yourself and see how you like it. You can justify all you want, but you have to live withere how you would feel if it was you. Question have you ever worked in a service industry and been dependent on tips to survive?

• I've lived in both the states and Australia, and seriously hate tipping. I have no problem leaving some extra cash when service has been exceptional but I hate that the servers wage is dependant on the customer doing what's culturally expected, because some customers are assholes.
    We don't tip in Australia, you might leave the change from your meal but nothing is ever expected. Food are service can be more expensive but the price on the menu is what you pay and employees get paid a decent wage.
    Rant aside 😜 You don't have the extra money to tip mate, don't stress about it

• tbh if you can't tip it would be best to go and buy the pizza.

and I guess if you seriously can't tip a dollar or a few dollars extra, then don't

• You should give him a higher tip

Why i gave him 1dollar. I dont get tips at my job and i make thw sane much as him and i clean toliets and mop floors and junk.

I work at a pizza place they get pretty high tips.

A dollar seems fine i guess.

• Really? You can't even give two dollars at least

• Scratch the pizza that is costing $22 if all you have is $42 to last until next Thursday.

What Guys Said 13

• I used to deliver pizzas years ago. I was paid just above minimum wage, plus something like 80 cents for each delivery. I never left the store expecting a tip. If I got one, great. If not, great. I still got paid. One of our drivers literally expected them, and on a few occasions would literally stand there with his hand out waiting for a tip to be given. He didn't last too long at our store.

Truthfully, what a driver gets paid doesn't cover the wear and tear on their car or the extra gas they pay out of their own pocket. I was thankful for every tip I got, regardless how much it was. If they didn't tip me, so be it. I realized some people can't afford the extra money. It never bothered me either way.

• People can judge, all they want, but sometimes, you just don't have the cash! I brew my own beer, and was a little short on the cash, and just asked the guy if he would accept a few bombers of home-brew, instead.
    He liked the way I talked about the dark ales that I brewed, so I gave him three, and he was REALLY happy!!
    Next time he came by, he remembered, and was really casual, and 'HEY DUDE!' so I gave him a little extra, to compensate for the last time, and two of my most recent batch of Cherry Stout.
    I wish he would bring the bottles back, as I am running short, and need to bottle another batch next weekend!

• Don't be cheap give the pizza boy at least $2 if you don't have it ask somebody for it in the house

This is for the two girls that down voted this answer I would love to know why would you do that

• in a situation like that i would try sticking nto cooking at home. i know for myself i love cooking because you can't mess up anything you like. even when your experimenting with different foods.

• Can I niqqa borrow a dollar OP?

But seriously, you need to get your shit together. There's no way you're working 2 jobs and barely have any money. TF are you spending your money on?

I tipped the pizza boy 10 dollars and a gave a waitress 20

Bro i bearly bring in 900 dollars every two weeks in my pocket. My rent is 1000 dollars a month. Its fucking expensive.

I make 10.50 a hour bro

For a 1 bed room it 950. I live in los angeles. i communte all the way to redondo beach tfrom Compton then all the way to santa monica for my second job.

California is shit, i'd just move to a different state if I were you. Or find a different area to live in, or get a roommate to share the living expenses.

Or get a better job, UPS or the post office, they make decent money. UPS gives you a bunch of discounts at a variety of places including car lots like mercedes and food restaurants If I remember correctly.

lol @ the 2 broke bums who thumbed me down. I bet they'd thumb me down even more if they knew I have 2 BMWs lol stay salty

• So you only had one single dollar left? Oh, my... Well, I don't know what it's like to live alone, but I think a quarter would be kind enough.

• Expect a broke ass pizza next time you order..

• It's entirely up to you, but tipping would be nice

• Its only 50 cents you're losing lol. If you're so strapped for cash why are you ordering a pizza?

• yeah why not. its only 50 cents

• duh, what a dumbass question

• You want a tip, I'll give you a tip, don't let the door hit you on the way out!

• If he wants a tip tell him not to jump down stairs with his hands in his pocket