WHY NOT COMPARE ALL RELIGIONS AND BELIEVE IN ONE GOD?

Updates:
1mo ANOTHER QUESTION WITH VIDEO EXPLAINING IN DETAILS : WHAT'S THE CONCEPT OF GOD IN WORLD'S MAJOR RELIGIONS?

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2151875-what-s-the-concept-of-god-in-world-s-major-religions

0|1
1|9

Most Helpful Girl

• Because of different beliefs.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

even though there are similar teachings in the scriptures, some people do not follow their teaching. please see the video in the latest question.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 8

• The Abrahamic religions do believe in the same God, it's just the messenger, pathway to the afterlife, and just about everything else they disagree on. Everyone thinks their religion is the "right" one so I see no middle ground between the religions on which they could possibly meet. Entire wars have been fought on these differences. I know your message and that of the video is for people to come and worship together, but as long as adherence to these ancient beliefs remains, so will the problem. When you believe in the same "god" as someone of another major religion and worship with them when your religion demands that you view them as a blasphemer or heretic, just how much leeway do you really have? From the outset, your likely not even going to agree on how to pray, and too many fundamentalists in all religions just won't accept the fact they could be wrong long enough to entertain the beliefs of others, let alone tolerate them in together in a worship setting.

0|0
    0|0
  • While religions may have similarities, they also have vast differences. Some of which are completely contradictory and will ultimately lead to conflict. People have been cooperating, drawing lines, and fighting battles for centuries over a myriad of reasons. Economic, Philosophical, Political, Religious, all of these are factors that effect society at large. A why can't we all get along question is impractical. If a location is determined to be a good site for a lithium mine, but many citizens are prioritizing the environment, then an absolute will occur. Either the mine will be built against the wishes of the environmentalists, or it will not be built at the loss of the lithium industry and the economy. Compromise and taking the middle ground isn't always an option. For Muslims, Christians, and Jews to accept that notion, would be completely against the tenets of their faith. In fact, they would not be true believers of their respective faiths if they adhere to that concept.

0|0
    0|0
  • The intent is good, but a bit flawed. Fine for the monotheists, but what about Shint? Hinduism? Other polytheistic religions?
    If you look with an open mind and ignore the 'one God' thing you will still find far more things in common than differences.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Hinduism? The religion teaches to believe in only one God even though many common hindus do idol worshipping but according to their scripture's teachings, Hinduism is monotheistic religion. for more details and references please click the link in the above update.

• 1mo

Yes but the common perception is Polytheistic, and I was too lazy to take the time to explain the nuances. It doesn't really impact the point I was making, that there are more similarities than differences. Case in point, Trimurti and Trinity, Brahman and God, God and Allah, multiple Hindu deities and Christian 'saints'.
      Ultimately theology is really rather a pointless exercise and the ultimate value lies in how as human beings value and reaspect each other.

• Which one? Which set of (often contradictory laws)? What about religions with multiple gods? What about warring gods like Yahweh and the Devil?

1|0
    0|0
  • Why not abolish all religion and live peacefully?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7leQB_Oe_k

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

as a Muslim and a student of Islam and comparative religions I must say this is the best Question anyone has asked me on G@G or anywhere, it is been almost 1 year since I got started and to answer it I will quote some verses from the Quran to support my answers.

Why not abolish all religion and live peacefully? because if we abolish religion, we'll never find peace of heart, peace of soul. The Quran says;

"Verily, only in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace." [Ar-Ra'd 13:28]

Why not abolish all religion? because if we abolish religion, then we won't be serving the purpose of our existence.

"Religion" according to Oxford Dictionary means "The belief in a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods that deserve worship and obedience" in short religion means believe in god.

What is the purpose of our creation? The Quran says;

"And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone)." [Adh-Dhariyat 51:56]

• Show All
    • 18d

@jacquesvol Please don't guess, unlike other religions, Islam has answers. God tells us in the Quran why created us in different races and tribes.

'O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you into nations and tribes that you may know one another (not that you may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." Quran 49:13

• 18d

@Somali

Please don't guess, unlike other religions, the Flying Spaghetti Monster has the REAL answers. the Flying Spaghetti Monster tells us in the Loose Cannon why it created us in different races and tribes.
      Read it all here :

www.venganza.org/.../tlccover2.jpg
      http://www.loose-canon.info/Loose-Canon-1st-Ed.pdf

www.listland.com/.../...r-Boiled-for-your-Sins.jpg

Pray!
      https://i.imgur.com/LYHrQOx.jpg

• Combine?
    Why not just go full out science and evolution instead!

1|0
    0|0
  • because not all religions believe in a god.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you mean combine?

0|0
    0|0