How can a teacher be so cruel to a child?

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay I can't watch the video coz I know it'll be upsetting but some teachers these days are either completely useless in teaching, just plain cruel (like humiliating children) or are actually the best of the best. I've had experience with all 3. For the ones that are cruel, I really don't understand it. They are there to teach, never mind discipline and never mind disciplining in a ridiculing way.
    In my school, a male teacher was recently fired for molesting a boy and raping his nephew... it's despicable what some teachers think they can get away with

Most Helpful Guy

• this makes me soo damn angry, i just want to beat the shit out of these teachers then torture them badly and them kill them

What Girls Said 6

• All of these are horrific, but the one that really struck me was the one where the child was voted out of class. WTF! Who even does that let alone encourages this type of behaviour in other students? And even more twisted that the kids had to vote and tell the child what they didn't like about him. How horrifying for the child. No wonder he was having issues in the class and acting out.

I had a few terrible teachers in my time. The worst was my grade 1 and 2 teacher. She would have children who were her favourite and gave special privileges to those kids. One of the privileges was getting to wear their outdoor shoes indoors. Now that may not seem like a big deal, but at 5 years old it is. She also would dump our desks (literally in front of everyone in class) and ridicule us for being messy. She would also make kids wait until recess to go to the washroom. Mind you we were all 5 years old.

One kid came to class late and had a note from his mom. His mom was hiding in the hall, I sat at the back of the class so I saw her and she motioned to me to keep quiet. So this kid came into the classroom, gave the teacher his mom's note and basically explained he had been at the dentist and that's why he was late. The teacher reamed him out in front of the whole class even though he had the note. But you bet Mama bear swooped in and told the teacher what's what!

• That's horrendous 😱😠 I abhor any form of cruelty. Especially towards children, who are so vulnerable and impressionable. The teachers should be severely punished themselves for such barbaric behaviour. I'd never tolerate my kids being treated that way by ANYONE

Children should feel safe and secure at school. They shouldn't be punished , they should be disciplined. There's a huge difference. Discipline is meant to guide them , not harm them mentally, physically or emotionally

• While these are all messed up, 4 really isn't that unusually. A lot of teachers actually will hold votes because of this new strategy across the nation of letting students have a say in their classroom. Honestly, you don't need a vote most of the time. I don't have that classroom rule myself personally, but my students always just ask me to throw someone out for being too loud or disruptive. The only thing that really was too far with number 4 was each student saying what they don't like about him, but the voting is way more common than you think and it doesn't violate most school or state rules.

• That's just messed up... the worst thing I've seen in my school is pushups or being asked to wait outside of class.

• Some teachers are just that horrible.

• fuck this teacher needs to be taught a lesson! that's just beyond words and comprehension

What Guys Said 1

• Human cruelty is as limitless as our imagination