Make a confession?

Can be as deep or as lighthearted as you like, mine is that even though I have so many great friends and family members surrounding me, I still often feel more alone than ever.

Most Helpful Guy

• On a more serious note: Emotionally, I feel almost overwhelmed now. The things I honestly want most in life feel like impossible goals. Things below that feel really difficult to accomplish. Some things seem plain just out of reach because of reality of life and the situation I filled into. Likewise, time just keeps on ticking without mercy and it makes the things I want feel more impossible as each day passes.
    Internally, it hurts to see this happen, and it is quite saddening. It feels like life drifting away and I'm not doing anything to stop it. But in actuality, it's because I don't know what I can do or if I can even do anything. I guess that's kind of what I'm struggling with at the moment in my heart.

That got a little dark, so here is something more lighthearted: When I was learning how to ride a bike some years ago, I crashed into my neighbors parked car and dented the driver side door. I walked off and pretended like it never happened. When my parents saw the scratches on my palms from falling and asked me what happened, I just told them I slipped on concrete earlier.

Rgd yr first paragraph -- It will help to let go of "expectations", if you happen to have any of those.

Not the same thing as saying you shouldn't have goals or aspirations... we should all have those, of course. But having concrete/specific expectations is where the trouble starts -- because...
      ...(1) expectations can ONLY create negativity (they leave disappointment if they're unfulfilled, but NOT really satisfaction when they ARE fulfilled... since in that case all you've done is "satisfy expectations"),
      and
      ...(2) having specific expectations can leave you blind to *alternative* opportunities that could be more fruitful or more personally fulfilling.

Just something to keep in mind... from someone who's been more or less wildly successful in life -- which I attribute mostly to NOT having specific expectations of myself, and therefore being willing to take risks that lots of others wouldn't have taken.

What are these goals you're afraid you can't hit?

@redeyemindtricks I get what you are saying from a logical standpoint. It's just one of those "easier said than done" moments I guess 😅.

Like I think a part of me knows that. However, if I start pursuing slightly tweaked versions, then it feels likes I'm pursuing a less-than-ideal. That kind of irks me, even though it really could be a better option.

It also feels like I'm resigning myself to a situation where I accept the realistic impossibility of the ideal situations. It makes it harder since I can't get past the "what if." Like what if the impossible aspect is just my head being pessimistic? My mind finds it much easier to hope for the minority than accept the majority percentage here, if that makes sense.

Hm.

I'm curious about the specifics -- you can always pm me if you want.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 45

• I took @MaLifeBeLikeOooAaah from a boy to a man😉

• Yeah - I know the feeling of being alone in crowds - Come on here, you seem to be very well liked on the site so you have plenty of friends to talk about things.
    Me, I am super quiet and like my own company but I feel sorry for my friends it must be hard to judge when I want company or not.

• I have a strange morbid curiosity. I'll catch myself at 1 am looking at pictures of various dead people who happened to go in different ways. I'll sometimes see gross injuries, see traumatic and haunting things happen to people.
    90% of the time now I'm undisturbed. You just see so much of it, it kind of becomes normal, and you see how vulnerable you really are.

Scary! 😮

It is. I've really learned just two things:
      (1.) Us humans are just awful, awful bastards to each other sometimes. I don't see how we haven't all killed each other yet.
      (2.) Life is not permanent. You could die at any time, and you have to remember how your death will impact others.

• One time I pooped my pants.

• I really hate Reese's... something about chocolate and peanut butter in one is just weird to me lol

Bring on the downvotes!
    http://i.imgur.com/BKdUGb4.gif

• Read my username. It says "castratedwhiteguy". It has real meaning. When I was in college I was kneed right in the balls by a girl because of something I said to her. She hurt me so bad that I ended up in the hospital. She was a feminist and she had a problem with my opinions. Alchol is no excuse. At the time, I would never have thought of raising my hand to any women but this bitch had no problem slamming her knee into my balls simply because I told her that I thought that men deserved preferential treatment in college and in the workplace. That's when I learned how sick, angry and evil feminism really is. That's why I'll fight feminism until we finally kill this demented monster. That's why some of my posts here come off as being hard core angry.

• There are at least 15 nice girls on here that I would like to plant a nice warm kiss on their cheek and give a hug :D

• 1|0
  • I'm genuinely a little worried about having sex with a girl because of some sexual problems I have and the thought of her being dissapointed.

• 1. I think I am becoming kind of obsessive about a girl who was my friends with benefits
    2. I was inappropriately touched when I was 12 for a few seconds
    3. I deleted some emails of a girl who was my co-worker as she took the PC and place where I used to sit. She also stole a lot of work from me to my detriment.
    I'll tell more if I could think of them :D

• I once posted a question just like this and it was taken down by moderators for 'nonsense'... Not thats a load of shxt

• I can't wait till Sunday 1pm @Other_Tommy_Wiseau 😤😤

• Sometimes I am too strong-willed , single -minded , predatory and power hungry. But that's not a part of my personality.

• Lol. I confess I never confess everything. Sometimes you know no matter how much a burden will feel great once it's off your shoulders, the long term is gonna be way worse than the immediate relief

• eh I thought about it but the only things I could confess are things I definitely don't wanna tell here

• My main concern in life right now is my parents passing away before they see me become successful

• I write Sonic fanfiction.

... JK, JK, I don't. XD

A good confession... hmm...
    Oh, I got one. I still enjoy watching The Backyardigans. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHqaFat9AU

DON'T JUDGE.

• Sometimes I think about going to sleep and not waking up.

• I often think Australians are just the British version of Rednecks :p

• I'm an asshole

• No matter how happy I seem to be and no matter how much I like being single... sometimes I feel I should get a girlfriend already hahahaa :-P

• I fucking love game of thrones.

• I... I... I... love caramel.

How dare you 😯

just checking lol
      an extra bonus wouldn t hurt haha
      but yea of course, it s a great thing
      keep doing them!

@archiz Lol yeah I know I wondered that myself for a minute but I kind of figured as much, haha true.

• I watch kids movies and chick flicks by myself.

• I killed mufasa 😈🙊

• I'm not wearing any pants.

• My friend manipulated me saying it's not gay if the balls don't touch, but our tips touched?

• I spend quite some time staring into blank space every day.

• Okay fine in somewhere in Europe ( i dont want to say :p) i acted like i am christan and go to a basilica for pilgrimage. I kneel before the altar and read the text etc. even tho i am atheist and before that i was muslim xD

• I have foot fetish and can't get rid off it

• More from Guys
    15

4 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 24

• Sometimes, I think of all the sweet guys who liked me and that I rejected and it makes me cry lol... I just think of how much it must've hurt them and I wish I could love them the same way but it just didn't happen.
    They would've probably done more to me than any other man I loved ( I haven't loved that many men in my life, maybe 2 or 3), it makes me feel like a bitch.

• Everybody knows me as charismatic, confident, fun, silly, always smiling. They have no idea I am the daughter of a murdered father or that after being in severe depression for over a year afterward the one person I trusted (family friend (knew me since I was in diapers)) raped me. And I am constantly battling my depression... silently... only allowing my tears to fall when nobody is around.

This made my jaw drop in amazement. Hopefully you get the help you need.

@AlwaysBelieving thank you for caring :) And I love your username

Sure thing and thanks.

• This is a confession on behalf of women everywhere...

That Donald Trump gain some female perspective by having lunch with Lorena Bobbitt. For those of you too young to remember or know who she is (http://www. nydailynews. com/news/crime/20-years-today-lorena-bobbitt-cuts-husband-penis-case-horrified-fascinated-nation-article-1.1379112).

FYI, these so called news stories are totally false. Crooked Hillary has nothing else of substance to run on except falsified sex scandals...

This is a confession on behalf of all men and patriots everywhere...

Let's just punch this lying bitch right in the face?

@castratedwhiteguy You mean I shouldn't be concerned he will set women's right back 50 years? That's why the article was mentioned because I do listen to what he is saying and maybe Lorena is the only one who could change his opinion on women,

Trump is pushing back against political correctness and it's about time a few more politicians had the courage to do the same. Those degenerate skanks that Trump called out deserved to guilt shamed. If Trump was the monster that the DNC is trying to make him out to be than it would be on record that he paid some women hush money to drop rape charges just like Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby did. For that reason, you should be more worried about the severe damage that crooked Hillary will certainly do to our economy if she's elected. If you care about woman's rights than you should really be worried about the fact that Crooked Hillary has accepted campaign contributions and pay for play donations from Islamic dictators who stone women and give women no rights whatsoever.

It's like I said before, "Just vote for Trump and he'll lower our taxes, he'll kill Obamacare, he'll bring energy costs down and he'll get our economy growing again. That's all you need to know". Focus on real issues...

• I have serious emotional issues. Depression since 2012, recovering from self-harm, "daddy issues," and I cannot make friends to save my life. That's just one confession.

• I like veggie burgers better than regular burgers.

cdn-business.discourse.org/.../...f8e009ae4382.gif

• This one is bad. We had a cat pass away on Thanksgiving night a few years ago. That's the same night our "elf on the shelf" comes. So instead of telling the kids the cat died I wrote a note from the elf saying she took the cat to live with Mrs. Claus because she really wanted one and the elves would give him cookies and milk everyday.
    Lies upon lies 🙊

• Ever seen Zootopia? In the movie, there's a character, Nick Wilde, who's got a bad past, and puts up a front of "I'm Nick Wilde, and look how much I don't care!" so that people don't see how much things really do bother him.

I've basically become him. I've got a shield up, and it just says "I'm ok! Look how ok I am!" while in reality I'm stressed beyond belief and slowly falling apart.

• When I was 13, I used to watch Hannah Montana regularly and was a Miley Cyrus fan. Not now tho, obviously #dontjudge

• I am a procrastinator and I am not ashamed to admit it.

• stream1.gifsoup.com/.../hubert-cumberdale-o.gif
    I taste like soot and poo apparently :(

• I don't like when people get close to me on an emotional level.. I really want to break that because I've pushed away... I don't even know how many people. It's hard especially if you've been in situations (like I have) to where things and people have messed you over.

• I know I could achieve things if I had confidence and ambition.

• I think most of us do
    Anw I procrastinate a lot
    I have a midterm tomorrow that I didn t start even
    Hurrah

• I like school and the career I want but I'm getting bored and I don't know what to do. I'm really scared of commitment.

• You want someone to confess something and you took out the anonymous option?

• I have the worst nightmares every night and sometimes I'm afraid to sleep
    I have a ldr boyfriend that many people think is bullshit but Idgaf about what people say

Ayyy me too dats why I don't ever get sleep jk jk
      You shud sleep dood IRS healthy for u

It's ok ☺

<3 <3 xx

• 1) I think everyone would be better off without meeting me. Even my family.
    2) I really dislike myself lately and I have suicidal thought although I'd never commit suicide
    3) All I wanna do is be alone

• I'm scared no one is ever going to love me because of my disorder.

• I don't like shaking people's hands.

• I can relate to that existential loneliness you described but there is not something in particular that I would like to confess.

Glad I'm not alone (lmao) in that, and fair enough.

• I'm spoiled crazily by my father

• I'm secretly in love with you and nadz! 😍

• My wisdom tooth is growing in and it hurts like fuck

• I really like s_taco_g on Instagram