If you could be on the first space flight to Mars would you go, even knowing you wouldn't return?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, because Mars is not habitable. Mars was similar to Earth, until the tectonic activity stopped (estimated to have been about a billion years ago).
    The end of tectonic activity meant that the planet's magnetosphere also disappeared, so the solar wind stripped away the Martian atmosphere.
    Mars is a dead planet and cannot ever be anything else.

LOL HAHAHAHA

@skeptic002
      I refer you to any scholarly work on astronomy and/or astrophysics since the time of Galileo Galilei (1564-1642).
      I find it astonishing that anyone would subscribe to the belief system of Bronze Age Hebrews.
      I cannot stop laughing.

so for 5000 years everyone said the earth was flat
      and Galileo Galilei comes in with a test and says it's round ughhh WHAT!!!
      and to top it off his test works on flat earth and round earth either way
      they chose to side with the round earth cause they disliked the bible

let's do a little science, so because of the curvature of the earth there is a certain distance where we shouldn't be able to see anything from the shore line
      eternalworldorder.files.wordpress.com/.../...1.jpg

so this is chicago skyline 60 miles away from the shoreline at 60 miles from michigan there should be a 2400 curve cause of the earth the tallest building is only 1400 feet that's 1000 feet extra
      wbnd.images.worldnow.com/images/7602503_G.jpg

WHY CAN EVERYONE SEE IT IF THE EARTH IS ROUND?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll pass, I'm too scared

What Guys Said 13

• Absolutely. Life is all about the adventure and the journey and even knowing i'd not be returning I would still choose to go, because what is life is you don't take risk and chances every once in a while. Without the journey of our lives, we learn nothing new, no new experiences, and how are we to gain wisdom of life if we don't explore and seek out things beyond our every day limits. We can't. So yeah, if I had the opportunity to be on the first space ship to MARS I'd go in a heart-beat.

• I wouldn't go because nothing is not properly set up on mars to survuve. And I would miss earth to much and want to come back.

• Yup it's a one way ticket, mars one took applicants, if it ever happens

A part of me defiantly wants to go. But I probably really miss the essence of being life. Even though you'd be with other people on Mars everything else would feel dead, dark and very void. Nevertheless it's an amazing opportunity

• Certainly NOT

• Probably not until they terraformed it, one little leak on their habitation or slip up by a person and everyone dies if they can't fix it in time

• no i would not do it.

• Nahhhhhh

• You go in my place.

• Nope. No way. What's on Mars? Dust? I'd just go to Eastern California is I wanted dust.

• hell to the nah!!

• Nah, but I would put Donald Trump on the flight

• I'd pay for justin bieber to go

What Girls Said 1

• Helll no