Do you act the same in real life as you do online?

Which means, for example, if you are bubbly and outgoing online, does that reflect who you are outside of the Internet as well?

and to answer this question for myself: kind of. I'm very shy I'm real life while on g@g I am more fun and outgoing, especially towards my "g@g friends" (which is a large percentage of the g@g populace). In real life it takes me a while to fully warm up to people who I have aquantied with. Once I get to know you though I am a little fire cracker 😜

• Yes I am pretty much the same person.
  • No, the persona I put up online is a facade and I am not the same person.
  • It's a little bit of both: Some aspects of my personality are present while others are not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a complete fake online.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah pretty much. I'm Chill and I'm shy at first but after a while I guess you can say I'm bubbly but not too much to where it's annoying you know?

What Guys Said 59

• Sort of. I'm a bit more outgoing in online conversations than I am in person.

Part of it is because of shyness, but as I get older I don't think I'm as shy; I was just always better at writing than at speaking. I feel that sometimes my brain works too slowly for real-time speech, in terms of translating what's in my head into spoken words. Of course, there is not that problem with writing. I often leave an in-person conversation realizing that I forgot to tell the other person something, or to go into a specific important detail that would have affected how they viewed that something, etc. xD It's something I'm still working to improve, hopefully.

• I'm more reserved online, people come from different backgrounds and cultures so I can't unleash the full repertoire of dry wit on them without someone getting offended.

This right here 👆is so true. People online get waaaay more offended. I guess the internet is where all the freaks come out.

• for the most yes. i don't engage in as much political discussion in real life but aside from that i'm almost exactly the same

• I never pinch a loaf online - though not for lack of effort - but otherwise I'm pretty much the same.

• Vote 'A'

Yep very much the same but guess I do seem a tad more arrogant in real life than I'm on here ha ha

• Mostly the same, but in real life I'm a liiiiittle bit more of an asshole... but just a little bit ;)

• My personality is adaptable!!! I adapt and act based on who and what I'm around. Not sure I have a set mode anymore lol.

• Lol I'd wish. I'd be more openand talkative if that were true. That and I wouldn't spend all my time by myself.

• Yeah I'm practically the same, still friendly, socially outgoing, funny etc. the only difference is I'm a lot more sarcastic in real life... It's not always easy to convey sarcasm online :P

• I'm shy

So at times online I'm different

• I am a qualified A - I definitely enhance the more positive things I feel about myself - Like for example I think before I speak and try to be more patient online, I take that extra time you don't have when speaking in real life.

• I'm much sweeter and polite, more quite in real life. But I'm more true to myself online really.

• Pretty much yeah lol, I've never acted really any different then I do in real life, except I'm a bit more quieter in real life since in reality I'm more of a listener but only then that, exactly the same lol.

• I have a lot more patience in real life... but that's also because people in real life aren't nearly as stupid as the majority of the morons on this site, so it evens out, I guess

• I don't feel like my personality comes out much usually when I answer a question. I think people tend to see me as more friendly in person.

• I'm really identically the same person here as outside, except of course that if something is confidential I won't say it on here :o
    But the Hans you would meet over a cup of coffee is the same as the one you hear on here, that's a promise to all :D

• The same.

• I'm practically the same, though, I'm more shy in real life.

• Yep, all the way.. I don't hold back on here or when I talk to anyone in person. I always try to go for the positive in people no matter.

• I'm the same. Even my girlfriend thinks I'm the same.

• I don't act differently. But there are certain aspects of my personality that I show online that I don't show irl and vice versa.

• Of course. I, Lelouch Vi Britannia, have already conquered the real world, and now I shall conquer the internet.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

• This persona is fake. in real life i am much more pragmatic and endearing.

• Yeah, all the same!

• Here online I'm not shy, but in real life I am.
    And here online I try to behave wise, but in real life not, because irl situations are almost never serious. My humour is often quite silly irl, that's how I am.

• Yep
    I'm awesome everywhere 💁

• my opinions here are watered down a bit than in real life... in real life I go in raw on your cheeks with my hard facts

True becuase then those people can't run away from the truth with the block button or just turning off their device.

Mostly because this site cares about people's feelings (Random rant: If you're on the edge of suicide that one opinion can literally end your life... you should be in therapy instead of the Internet) , some of my opinions/jokes have been censored

• yep still a little on the narcissistic side

• I'm different online... I'm more confident, funny, less shy and introverted, much more flirty

• Nah I'm nice to people in real life because I can stand them

• More from Guys
    29

What Girls Said 55

• I am Pretty much the same, although Offline, I Am Able to be Less "Businesslike" Like in Answering problems, and More Relaxed. Or even if I would Not feel Myself, I don't like to Display it, it is Impolite to Show this on Gag.
    I am Diplomatic, although when Challenged very Rudely, I will Defend myself, who wouldn't? And I am a Straight Shooter, I don't Like to Point Fingers, although when it Comes to Politics, I will tell you My Honest Opinion on that Sore Subject, and the Rest of what I Believe in this World.
    Anyone else who is Not Who they Say, must be some Actor or Actress. My Gig on Gag is Writing and Helping others. But of course, Each and Everyone on Here is Here for whatever Motive in Mind.
    Good luck and Thanks for the Invite, @RainbowFanGirl. xx

• I don't know haha
    In real life I'm joyful and bubbly , very talkative and extroverted. Here Im quite flirty but in real life I can't flirt to save my life.

Would one consider 'flirtyness' to be a good trait or a bad trait?

@Ydude I don't really have an opinion except that I have always been single 😂

• Pretty much yes, the only difference is that in real life I'm more shy than online. Much more shy XD

• I'm different irl depending on my mood, time of day, how big the group is, what class, what I'm wearing. Some people think I'm super bubbly and nice in person, others think I'm a mouse, others that I'm cold. It just depends... but I'm overall just nice. (lol, maybe not all the time on GaG)

• yeah, pretty much. I'm quiet and keep to myself for the mostpart in rl, not so different from how I am on GaG. Being very open and honest with only a select few.

• It's a little bit of both honestly. Online people get to me more and I'm more aggressive. In person I don't get bothered by much and I'm super calm and nice. I'm trying to implement my real personality more into my gag experience, but sometimes that's a little difficult. I think the way I write can sound cold and blunt even though I'm being genuine. Tone is everything, and online the tone you have is dependent on the reader's mood.

• I'm pretty much the same person. I 'm very curious and I like to pose questions, sometimes even playing devil's advocate and stirring discussion, and obtaining knowledge on things that are useful to me. I like to talk to people despite not being able to form close friendships easily. I feel I can express myself better here, because I can think before I post, and because in real life I get anxious and I don't deal well with people who yell or cry. Here I can keep my cool and offer my help.

• It's a bit of both, I'm pretty straight forward even irl but I tend to be far more shy when I don't know the other person well so that changes irl

• Yes I am... Release the apple!

• For the most part yes I can be as kind and friendly as can be and I can also be very sarcastic, a snartass, or a know it all.

However lately I've less socialabe and keep more to myself than I did before and that applies to real life and on GAG.

• I am pretty much the same, in fact, sometimes I'm more level headed on here coz I get the chance to think about things, irl I'm a little more outgoing and tend to not think things through so much hehe.
    Irl I'm pretty bubbly, loud and extroverted, I don't know if that's what I come off as on here, but yeah.

• I think I do... I think that perhaps I'm more honest on here and I'ma bit funnier :P

• Yes, it's all me. There's not much of a difference.

• I never said fam irl so when I changed my number and texted my best friend, he said 'Who is this, tell me or i'm gonna block you' and I said 'chill fam'. He said I was the last person who he thought it was :D

• Pretty much the same. The maintain difference is I'm less trusting online.

• Intend to be more opinionated in here than out there.

• I voted for option C

• Hmm, I'm probably more open offline, but not necessarily more outgoing. In that regard I'm the same both off and online.

• pretty much yea

• Yes I act the same but the only difference it takes me a long time to talk to someone I don't know in real life.

• I am pretty much the same as ever. Except here I can be straight up harsh about it while at my job I have to bite my tongue and act as if everything is great!. XD.

• It's a bit of both. I still have the sass and what have you but my words are different. I'm usually more straight forward when you make me mad versus on here when I'm just straight forward all the time.

• No, I am way more quiet in person

• Pretty much yeah, I'm sweet but if you come and call me a fuckin child I'm so mad that you'll get yo ass kicked. One guy did. Didn't end up pretty

• ('-' ) I don't know how some people do it, but I am incapable of being anyone but myself, someone didn't give me the formula.

• I am pretty much the same :P

• I'm much more shy irl. I say things here I only wish I could say irl. If anything I'm more true to myself online.

• In real life I barely talk to people and I'm really shy, online I don't really have problems with that. Besides that I'm still the same person though :) (voted C)

• I have a filter thou because I realize sometimes my sassy is not appropriate other then that no one sees it coming. Since I look innocent.

• I tend to be more snappy online, irl I have to abide by minnesota nice rules. Otherwise, very similar.

• More from Girls
    25