Travel to Europe next year. Any essential stops for Europe first-timers?

I plan to travel to Europe next spring or summer to visit a friend in France and a friend in Sweden. By then I also want to go to other European countries nearby for short trips. I've never been to Europe before. Oia, Santorini, Greece is one of my dream places. Is there any other tourism destination you'd like to recommend to me? I look forward to your answers!~

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... When you leave Sweden, visit to Norway.
    See Switzerland after France,
    Czech Republic is also very beautiful, then visit Italy, you can also travel in Georgia after Greece. They are near to each other.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• Czech Republic. Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It's unique for several reasons. It has not been destroyed during WW2. It has a lot of architecture styles close to each other.
    If you don't want so much touristic exposed destination, I would suggest Český Krumlov. Very beautiful city and ity and much less tourists. But as a first time visitor, I would choose Prague. If you will decide to go there, PM me and I can help you with some tips 😉

• You might want to pass by Algarve. South of Portugal.
    If you are a beach person, this country have a big coast.

But... it's difficult. All Eu is full of relevant spots... : / Throw a coin lol.

And don't forget to stop by the most important spot of them all

OrangeBoy's house ;)

Thanks!! I do wanna learn more about people and the world! And we all need to experience some adventures! Good luck!~

Thanks. :)

• Whatever you do don't visit too many countries on a short trip. They're not states, they are actual countries with different cultures and languages so don't rush through them spending a day or two in their capitals.

You are right!! Too many countries at one time for a girl who has never been abroad may bring many troubles. by the way I've dreamed of visiting Netherlands since I was young when I heard about windmills and tulips there. Haha! Which city in your country is worth a visit?

Of course Amsterdam, just don't do tour guides, just walk around and explore on your own. Utrecht and Rotterdam are nearby (by train)

• I suggest to choose for westen and northern countries to go on this first trip, countries like the netherlands, belgium, france, germany, sweden, denmark, uk

• I wonder why the hell everyone wants to travel broke-ass Greece 😂 They don't have anything apart from their Islands, just go to Italy, Spain or something. Spain hasn't got anything in their country too, I travelled more than half of Europe and I can say only few countries are worth to see.

1. Italy
    2. France
    3. Austria

I'd say you should visit Turkiye aswell, we have more tourists more than Spain and Greece, we're going head to head with Italy. But sadly we are dealing with ISIS terrorists for about 2 years, so no tourists anymore here like before. We have longest and biggest beaches all around Europe, a lot of diffrent historical ruins from ancient times and Roman period 😎

You mad because Greece is more beautiful country than yours? Why are you accusing a country without any specific reason?

• Generally people from Asia don't have a big issue with our culture, and neither would any Chinese habit shock us :D
    Just be yourself, enjoy your visit and you'll be more than okay!

• there is so much you can visit... it really depends on what you are interested in. Cities, nature, etc

• Well, what do you want to experience? Culture? Landscapes? Just making good vacations?

I don't really know... I guess it's mainly about refreshing and broadening my horizons. And I really wanna experience a total different culture in person. To step out of my comfort zone. Traveling is the only thing you buy, that makes you richer. Haha!

It's still helpful to know. Some people prefer watching architecture, others go into cities, other rather go into landsides, etc.

Depending on that different countries are more appealing for you ;)

• Belfast and Zagreb

• Take extreme care in Sweden. Sweden has become the rape capital of Europe ever since the migrant crisis, so much so that they're are no-go areas like Malmo.

Anywhere is else is fine, like Italy, Spain, France, the Nederlands, etc...

Thanks for the warning! My Swedish friend has also told me about the high crime rate there... Hope we will be okay in his hometown near Gothenburg.

Gothenburg is fine, from what I've heard.

• Rome is always must :D

• They mostly have toilet paper and no bidet shower in bathrooms to clean except Turkey and Finland

• Greece is the most beauitiful country actually

• For great sex come visit me in berlin. You can stay at my place for free i give you tour too 😋

What Girls Said 6

• This sounds Amazing, @MissSkirt.
    Although I Wish with the World as Dubious now as it is, you would Make this Date a "Group Trip" which can be Easily booked at the Travel Agency.
    Back in 2011, in Fact, nearly 5 years ago this week, I had Traveled Alone from Home, went to Parts of Europe and then went to Egypt to Marry a Muslim Man who Found me on Facebook. I returned to Live with him the Following year, dear, but now I am back in the States.
    Since then, things as you see, have Gotten more Precarious. However, if you do go, always Check to make Sure that things are Okay to travel, and also that you don't Take more than 4Oz of things of this Nature, On Board.
    Always stay in Close Contact with any Friends and Family back home. Believe me, they worry.
    Good luck and Be Safe, and Welcome to Gag Town. xx

Thanks a lot for your kind reminding! It's so considerate and nice of you! Safety is really the top one thing I need to pay attention to if I travel alone. I'll try to make a detailed plan later. Thanks again dear!! ^_^

And thank you for your own like. I have not been over to be with my husband since things got bad but God is the One, hun, always to leave in His own helpful hands.
      I trust you will do everything correctly, I can tell. xxoo

• italie is next to france
    denmark is cool too and next to sweden
    bulgaria next to greece

• London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin & Rome

And brussel, that is between paris and amsterdam

I think it is overrated though

@vekin not THAT overrated lmao

• Netherlands Germany Norway

• You should come to Norway!
    Lol

• Paris, Vienna and Rome spring to mind. Venice is nice too. Santorini is beautiful but realy boring as is Greece in general.