How do I make friends if they seemingly don't want me around them?

So here's the deal. My class is formed by 25 students in total. I sit alone of course. Whenever we have an exercise to do with the kid sitting next to you I get angry. I really try to make friends in this new school. It just seems like they hate me. I do have a few people I share a word with but otherwise I'm a fucking loner. In the time break I go outside to smoke. I made quite some friends from other classes that way. I didn't write that question so you find my flaws. Just give me an advice on the main theme.

What Guys Said 2

• You know, at your age social life is just difficult. You're in this tiny, tiny world that has a twisted social structure that does not align at all with what you'll see in your adult life. I know it's easy for an old guy to say, but just try to get through this period. Once you get to college, everything changes. Everyone gets a reset and you find that you're suddenly judged more on your personality and character as your previous social associations suddenly become meaningless.

That said, while I do think you should look forward to the future, I hope you can find a way to enjoy the experiences you're having now.

I really hope you're right. :)

I know I am. I can think of one such girl at my high school who became a runway model in New York. No one gave her any thought in high school because she wasn't in the cool crowd. Why? I have no idea. I mean, how exactly does someone end up in the cool crowd anyway? It's some weird social status formula that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with wealth, looks, or personality. Anyway, I hate even bringing her up because I don't want to focus too much on looks, but I just want to point out that where you are socially right now has nothing to do with how your social life will look just 2.5 years from now.

Unbelievable but you are the first person who managed to comfort me.

• You are in a new class, it will take time to meet new friends - Give it time, you seem like a nice girl.

What Girls Said 0