Do guys start balding earlier these days?

I have seen many young people only 25-30 years old having visible baldness, almost like a "horseshoe".

I think it's more common the last decades than before, from what I see.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I'm not sure that's actually happening but one explanation if it is would be the increasingly more unhealthy lifestyle? E. g fast food, moving less, etcetera it's all bad for your circulation so it might lead to balding earlier in people who are generally prone to it.
    This guy in my tutor group just got back from Istanbul where he got a hair transplant and he's like 22 😂

Poor guy. I am older than him and still have full hair.

Well at least he acted on it

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know if it's earlier but I know I got fucked. My hair was already thinning before I graduated high school. Fuck my life lol.

What Girls Said 4

• I think cuz people think a lot or worry about many things in life today unlike the old generations..

• I don't know if it's true, but it sucks because I love to play with a guys' hair lol.

• I think you just didn't really notice 25-30 year old men when you were 8.

I just check 70s and 80s Rock stars who had a full head of hair. Nowadays current "Rock stars" shave their heads I notice.

It was all about the hair in the 70-80's. Thats why they called them "hair bands" often times talent scouts managers/producers chose the bands because of their hair. It was rebellious. When That era ended rockers took off the wigs, extensions and teased out hairspray And the new rebellion became short or even shaved heads.

• yes cause stress and lifestyle

What Guys Said 17

• I had a friend in highschool who went bald by his senior year. His nickname in band was literally Old Man.

I think there definitely are more instances of early baldness this generation.

• I'm losing my hair a little. Receding. I'm not going to be deluded and say it makes me look more attractive but it's not that big of a deal. Losing your hair earlier means you have more testosterone anyways. I rather have high T than be a beta with a full hairline. Kna I'm saying?

• I don't have any statistics, but my guess would be on a percentage basis it may have increased due to lack of priority of health.

• Probably. Stress among youth is very high nowdays. doesn't help

• I think it is the same as always

• Don't forget when you see pictures from the 1800's people didn't live as long then, plus life was generally hard. So the old guy in the picture with a full head of hair might have been 30.

• besides the fact that are DNA is getting weaker ever generation
    we eat crap food all the time
    and lack prayer

• For me yes, since i was 19 years old.

• I don't think so.

• Baldness comes from having too much DHT. You can just block production of DHT and never go bald.

• nah... my mate went bald at 17 and that was early 80s.

• I don't think they would bald any faster than a couple centuries ago.

• probably no different than it's been for the past 50,000 years.

• One guy I knew was in his early 20s and started going bald. On the other hand, people in my family aren't bald even in their 60s and 70s. It depends on someone's genes.

• Well men these days have low level test and start balding early. Men who have high level test and are alpha remain youthful and young well into their 50's. This guy is 40's and stays fit.

http://i.imgur.com/Gvi0RVv.jpg

Beta with weak genes begin balding.

Another guy said baldness is a sign of high testosterone.

Time to LDAR.

That's true what Chico_brah said I think. I've seen many people in bodybuilding who usually shave their heads, perhaps because of baldness.

• Balding is a sign of too much testosterone. Such individuals are also more prone to prostate cancer.

• Yup. I think it has to do with what we're exposed with nowadays. Blame society