Why do people like small towns?

I am curious maybe you like small towns or someone you know

Most Helpful Guy

• The sense of community and familiarity. You feel like you belong and are invested in the past, present and future of the place.

It's not for everyone - I had a colleague who told me she moved to the city when she was young specifically because she wanted the anonymity that comes with it. To be able to tell people to fuck off and know you'll never see them again (her words)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't like small towns. Nothing interesting happens in small towns, you got to see the same people everyday. And it seems like time doesn't pass in places like that.
    So, I prefer big cities.

What Guys Said 16

• i like the sense of community. the smaller the town the more likely it is more people know each other and thus typically have a sense of community and helping each other out.

• i live in a small town and i love the fact the town pretty much closes down after 7 s all you hear are animals noises and the main road in the distance thats about 10 or so miles away. and the occasional train running at night.

its really a great place to be and no street lights either its pitch black outside so you can see the stars. its really something that can't be beat.

• Because it's a lot homier and personable to live in a small town and not everyone likes being in the city and a lot more expensive, as well

• Small towns have a certain charm to them. It's not as fast-paced and hectic like a big city is. It seems like people are in less of a rush and they're generally friendlier than city dwellers.

• Less people, quiet, relaxed. Everything I like is in the country, cities have nothing that appeals to me.

• I dislike the city - too big, noisy, and busy for my tastes. I currently live in a middle sized town (32,000 people) - thats not bad. But I would like to experience a small rural/country town.

• I live in a town of 700 houses. I like the countryside.

• I don't like small towns. Maybe if I were a ranger inside a DnD game, I would like small towns in that I would enjoy raiding them.

• Cheaper living. Everyone sort of knows each other and is all around much friendly.

• Cheaper living costs and less people

• im no fan of the ratrace so small communities hold more interest for me

• In small towns, everyone is in your business

• Cities have better paying jobs and more stuff to do

• I just like the feeling if living in a small town. I can't really describe why.

• Just space. Not tripping over other people constantly.

• I don't

What Girls Said 3

• I prefer big cities. I don't know it's maybe more quite and calmer for them, but i like dynamics and movement haha

but what of higher living costs and the fact no one says hello on the street? just interested to know how you handle that

I have lived in both a small town and the city and I prefer the city but that's just me

is it the anonymity then? or just because the buses run all night?

• Because it's really nice and everyone knows everyone.

• I don't