When you are in a store do you ever wonder how far you'd get trying to steal something?

You would never do it, but you just wonder if you took something and ran, how far you'd estimate you would get before police or security take you down?

• Yes i do wonder that sometime
  • no i don't think of that

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to shoplift when I was in high school and was never caught. When I was in high school, we could go wherever during lunch as long as we were back by when lunch ended and we had the longest lunch in the state so we could do whatever. A few times I forgot my lunch, I have low blood sugar, so I can't not eat or I will pass out and go into a coma. I didn't have any money and I stole some skittles and was never caught.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• No... I only Think of How God would Feel if I would Steal.
    Karma stinks. I would rather Pay than "Pay."
    Good luck and Great question, @Toad-1, Thanks for Sharing. xx

• Well see, I work in retail. When people steal, the employee is the one who gets in trouble. Which is absolute bull shit. (like I work self check out a lot, and recently I got in trouble because some dude stole like a candy bar. But the thing is, is that at self check out, there are 8 machines. And it gets BUSY AS HELL at times. And everyone needs something, bagging alert on this one, age confirmation on that one, and so on and so forth. So it's hard to stand there and make sure no one is stealing candy off the things that are placed directly between every single machine. So people who steal are basically evil in my mind. Like they're gonna risk MY JOB for a candy bar? No. Please burn in hell.)

Sorry for my rant. People never get far though. Working retail we can always kinda tell whose shady and trying to get away with stuff. We just see so much.

Dude, I had a guy come right up to my register thinking he was being sly. Had a pair of shoes, let me scan and put them in a bag. He starts patting his pants and is like. "Oh I... I think I left my wallet at home, do you want to let me put those back?" IT WAS THE MOST UNCONVINCING PERFORMANCE I'VE SEEN. I spun the carousal back over to my side, grabbed the bag off it, smiled and looked this bro right in the eye. "No, we have people who take care of things like this. Have a nice day."

• I do once in a blue moon about really small things. Would never do it, though...
    My conscience would not be okay with it.

• I wonder that, yeah :P

• Yeah, but I'd never actually do it.

• Lol I don't think of that

• I've thought like that a few times, but even the thought makes me a litle edgy so I usually block the idea out pretty fast.

• Sometimes but then I realize I probably wouldn't get far at all and caught the second I try. XD

• Lol no

• You wouldn't have to run. Just casually pick it up & walk out.

• I've never thought of it.

• Well, I'm not gonna lie, when I was younger I used to shoplift... until I got caught.

• never stole anything in my life... but I think about doing sometimes

• I stole from Walmart once a really long time ago, just because I wanted to see if I could. I had two of the same shirt, I only scanned 1 at the self check out but dropped both into the bag.

What Guys Said 14

• Mo, I don't think of that.
    My idea is just to find what I need, at the best price and to verify if it's in good order.

• I used to steal shit when I was a kid. I was pretty good. Haven't since then but I bet if I tried I could get away with it. Depends on the items I guess though. If it's big stuff I couldn't do it I'm not that skilled lol.

• All the time. But its more like control/security issues. Like look how easy that would be for someone to steal.

• I have been good - Maybe a couple of sweets as a kid

• Am fit and i can run fast, but why do i even think of doing it?
    The only thing i think of when am at the store is did i forget something to buy, beside what's in the list?

• I wonder how people would sneak it out, where the cameras and security guards are and how to pass through the detector thingies. I also think about how much cunning is needed for the job.

• When I was teenager I stole a number of things and never got caught... One time a friend of mine filled and entire grocery basket full of beer and just rolled it out the front door and no one did anything.

• Only noticed how easy it would be but would never do it

• It'd be easy to steal stuff like cereal just open the box and put it in your pockets lol.

• haha yeah i do

• Nope, I'd never think of stealing.

• I think about it. I would never do it, but sometimes I wonder how easy it would be.

• Yesss very often, but i won't do it though.. lol

• Not really. But here's the thing: You just casually put it away and then claim you forgot if you're caught. That's it. The entire play. Stealing you see, needs intent. They can ban you and/or call the cops (who can tell you you need to be using your head more) but can't really punish you in any other way.