How to have a more positive mind set?

I'm a very negative person and would like to change

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm the type of guy that likes to live in the moment. The past doesn't matter. The here and now is what its all about, and these moments need to be enjoyed and cherished. I always tell myself one thing: "The Best Is Yet To Come". Believing and telling myself that the best is coming always helps me stay positive.

If you do the same - I'm positive you will change

What Guys Said 12

• Remembering that I'm lucky to be alive and how many people have it much worse than me keeps me positive. I had cancer twice when I was younger so I spent a lot of time in pediatric cancer units and I met several kids who had terminal cancer but they would wake up every day with a smile on their face and they never gave up and that made me realize that each day is a gift so you have to appreciate no matter how shitty you think your life is

• Well once you want to, you will. here's some tips:
    -Try to find anything that you could be grateful for, even the most mundane things you take for granted (say if you. live in a heated house, thats something)
    If you absolutely cannot feel grateful for anything you do have, try going without it.

-Be kind to yourself, give yourself mental thumbs up whenever you do something even a tiny bit good

-Be kind to others, encourage them try to see something positive in everything they do

-Do the exercise of finding the silver lining in everything, to the extreme
    its not normal to be thankful cause you got run over by a bus and you dont need to go to work today, but its a great way to completely root out negativity

Finally just practise and keep track of it...

• Take bracelet, put it on your left wrist and whenever you say something negative (and you dont provide solution for it), switch it to the right wrist. Try to keep it on one wrist for 21 days.

Idea behind this is that if you say only positive stuff, you will (with time) start to think in a more positive way.

• Surround yourself with friends and family. People that care, support and love you will bring out the positivity in you, once that happens you'll notice a change in you and what you do. It worked for me whenever negativity took me over. Having that support will get through anything. Trying to do it alone won't work.

• Keep more complaints to yourself. Try to put yourself in someone else's shoes and imagine being on the receiving end of your negativity apropos of nothing.

See challenges as things to be overcome, not obstacles sent to annoy you.

• I was a negative person, just do things, try to interact with people, and even if you don't like something, still do it. Some sport might help

• I have a positive outlook that's also realistic and somewhat cynical.

• Try to see stuff from a different angle and know when to care and when not to

• Don't change. Learn to laugh about negative things. They're kind of funny because they're ridiculous and absurd.

• SEE THE POSITIVE IN EVERY NEGATIVE.

happy Halloween !

• me too but is it right to sweep things under the carpet and pretend everything great when it isn't?

• Try to give less shits about what's going on around you.

What Girls Said 7

• Stay Clear of Negative people. Perhaps it is Who you Hang out with.
    Good luck. xx

• Well you're already improving: wanting to change and all. First step. The half full approach. There's always a good outcome to something even if we don't see it. Whatever happens happens for the best. And one door closes no problem. Another one will open. Try small steps. And you'll see a change

• read books related to this

• Just look on the bright side and know that your positive energy will rub off onto others so keep that in mind and keep positive people in your life

• No I don't, I used to but I can't even be bothered to at times

• get to know people that r positive.. they help

• Start pointing out positive aspects of situations out loud, or just consciously note them in your head even if the first things you think of are negative. I've realized that if you pretend to think/act a certain way for long enough it eventually starts to come naturally.