Should I get leg-lengthening surgery?

I am currently 5'4", but if I get leg-lengthening surgery I will be 5'8"-5'9" (around average height). What they do is essentially saw through the bone, fix a device to my leg and stretch it a tiny bit further apart every day until the bone is 4" longer. I have short legs so my body won't look disproportionate or anything like that. It will cost around $25,000 and it will be about 4 months with the device on and then 2 months to heal after that. People say that it's really painful but I think it will be worth it - especially with regard to women and just overall respect. I'm thinking of booking it in for early next year. Do you think I should?

Should I get leg-lengthening surgery?

• Yes, you should do it
  • No, you shouldn't do it
  • I'm not sure
1mo Thanks for the answers.
1mo 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Most Helpful Girl

• 67.media.tumblr.com/.../...tdm8pm1tb8iyko1_500.gif

By undergoing the surgery you will be completely bedridden for roundabout 3 months or till the time the bones have become strong enough to bear the pain. So a family member or a friend will need to care for you.

The pain during the treatment will be too much to handle and more like a torture. The pain may further lead to medical problems like serious insomnia and nervousness. In many cases the pain resides in the mind of the patient, sometimes driving the person insane. The pain is so unbearable that a majority of people who underwent the surgery regret it.

Your body might not accept the new changes and hence will lead to an uneven structure, which may result into a major infection. If your body doesn't welcome the changes or the previous surgery wasn’t performed perfectly, another surgery might be required for perfection. This second surgery will again cost the same amount of money and pain. Moreover the second surgery will again require the same amount of time for healing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it. If a girl would only be with you after you go to such extreme lengths for aesthetics then is that really the type of girl you want to be with? I see short dudes with girls all the time. I see girls with guys who are even shorter than them.

All those months you spend recovering could just be spent finding the right girl who will love you unconditionally as the height you are.

What Girls Said 7

• It's not worth the pain and money, and a lot of complications can arise from it. Especially since the only reason you want to do it is to get girls.

• How tall are your parents?
    There are many exercises and sports to do for growing up. Do some researches on'em. You need to eat well and sleep well for your hormones. Also there are many threatments for growing up like hormone therapies but that should be your last thing you choose, if your genetics don't let you grow up as you've wanted, in my opinion. You're still young. Don't be sad.

See what happens when you shame men for being short.

@cchris999 I've known that for all the time though

Well good for you 😐

• Meh, go for it if you want to.

• I don't think it's worth the money and the pain

• no bra!! are you crazy? what if the doctor screwed it up, and you got really sick or something?

Well girls don't want a short guy so I don't think he has much of a choice :/

@Mrwoo99
      Yeah. Rent some love then. Women are people too, and money can't buy you love.

@Intraluminal who says it's for love lol Man's got to get his rocks off and your always guranteed a good time with a pro.

• Sepsis will result in you losing both your legs. You think 5'4 is bad? Try 4'4.

• A guy had that done on a show I watch and he ended up a half an inch shorter then he started when all was said and done.

What Guys Said 23

• No.
    If you have $25,000 to blow , may I suggest a motorcycle instead?
    www.cbr1000rr.de/.../01_fireblade_sp_2017.jpg

• I remember seeing a study based on data from online dating sites and it found that a guy who is really short needs to have an annual income around 100k to be perceived as equally desirable as a guy who is 5'10.

So financially, this is actually a good investment.

The only downsides are risk of injury, pain, and recovery time.

Only you can decide if its worth it. I would definitely do a lot of research on the surgeons and try to find testimonials from patients who have had the surgery.

• You will be fucked (in a bad way, not sexual way) if you do this. Pain will escort you every moment of every day later in life.

• That sounds very dangerous and unsafe. Your legs by the end of it will probably still look unappropriated. Height is not everything my one brother is 5'4 and he has no problem getting girls.

• There was a guy at a wedding I was at had it done, the legs were superficial and looked uncomfortable. He broke them both after a minor sking accident. Just accept your short.

• I mean you honestly probably will have an easier time getting more women.. honestly man I can't blame you, fuck the naysayers because this is about you... four to six months of pain for you to get better reproductive success for at least 15-20 years, do it

• People are going to say no, you should love yourself for who you are blah blah. I say do it. If you have money and this really bothers you, i dont see why not

• Nope, I'm your height (5'4") and I'd still be considered on the shorter end of the spectrum. If a gal won't date be because of this, then she's not worth my time.

• You don't need that shit, there are exercises actually which helps you to grow taller. Your age doesn't matter tho its just a myth. I was like 5.7 -5.8 at age of 18, then I grew up more with doing exercises and eating healthy and I am 6.0 right now.

• No, Kyle 😂

• I'd say you'd have to be insane for wanting to use that medieval torture device, it looks really painful.

• I don't think this will help you at all. $25,000 down the drain and painful 6 months total or longer

• so apart from the initial pain is it also possible it will cause problems in later life?

• No, just lift weights and get jacked. Lots of girls are around 5 foot tall.

• I admire your determination to become taller. Go on and make your dreams come true.

• Definitely not worth it.

• I wouldn't, but then again, I'm 5'7"

• I'm not sure

• not worth it. besides the excruciating torment you'll do more harm than good. you'll damage your body permanently. confidence and attraction should NOT be based on appearence. you hide a hercules in you.

• nah u'll have weird looking legs

• ... and women complain about how painful it is to be beautiful.

I hope it makes them feel like shit seeing guys go through this just to appeal to their standards. It's disgusting...

• If I were younger and has the money I would ABSOLUTELY have it done. I'm not sure if you can safely go 5 inches though

Do your due diligence first though in terms of tracking down and talking to former patients of whatever doctor or clinic you are going to go to. Also, Although it will cost more I really suggest you only do 2 inches at a time.

Pay no attention to the naysayers. They perform these operations on people with Down's syndrome and Thermoplastic dwarfism all the time.

NOT thermoplastic, Achondroplastic

• Just looking at that picture makes me shiver. Well i hope women cry themselves to sleep at night knowing some men are going through this process just because women NEED their boyfriend to be 5 inches taller than them so they can look marvelous in their shitty little high heels.

An people wonder why I hate women.

Uh, asshole. What about those of us who don't care about height?

@supernerd99 Your so delusional its hilarious! Tell you what, why dont you make a post on GAG asking all the women if they would be happy or would consider if their partners were 5 ft 6 or under.

An while your at it ask those whores how much status and money he would have to make in order to compensate for being 5ft6 or under in height.

He's not delusional, that'a the thing.