Should you trust yourself when you have a gut feeling about something?

I always wonder.

I have a gut feeling this work of mine will not get done, so I should just let go. I wonder if I should trust it.

Most Helpful Guy

• i try not to, cause my gut feeling is super pessimistic... unfortunately it mostly ends up being right xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. Many call it intuition, and its there for the right reasons. Especially if its a very strong pulling feeling that warrants your attention. Some are intuitive, others aren't, and some people had to learn to develop one. If your unsure, then just don't do anything so quickly. Take your time, assess the issue, break it down, and use discernment. At the end of the day, the final piece of the puzzle is what you place your judgement on.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah i always call my gut feeling my sixth sense , usually i am right with that one.

• Sometimes I know I should go with my gut feeling but other times I do and it fails me.

• It would give you a much richer view of what's going on, but only in the confinements of your world paradigm.

What Girls Said 15

• Your gut feeling might be giving you the answer to what is most immediately helpful; not doing your work is less tiring, for example. But in this example it doesn't consider the potential long run benefit.

• I would not rely solely on it, but if I would not ignore it either. I would look for evidence to support my gut feeling, but I would not make any move before that; in case I am wrong.

• But do you have any proof that it might not work? I usually follow my gut, but I also think about options first... sometimes I want to quit something because I have this "gut feeling", but instead it's only "insecurities" :

• I have a saying that I live by: your gut is smarter than your head.

• Sometimes gut feelings are right sometimes theyre wrong. If I get invited out I have a gut feeling I won't have a good time, but I end up having a good time. My cat went missing for a couple days I had a gut feeling that I was going to get a call from some vet or deceased pick up that she was dead. But she showed up at the door the next day, hungry and a little dirty but in perfect health.

I think that you should just keep at it. Work hard and believe that you can do it.

• You should go with whatever logically and rationally makes sense. It could be your gut; it could be not.

• I usually go with the gut feeling but try to keep an open mind in case I'm wrong

• I think you should trust your gut feeling. I always trust mine, and most of times I'm right.

• It's there for you to trust it and a crime against yourself not to.

• Always trust your gut

• Yes, your instincts are always almost correct and I know its true for myself.

• Its almost always good to go with your gut.

• Yes, trust yourself or you will always be left wondering...

• You're attract what you feel.

• No. Instead you should put an effort in your work. That's not a gut feeling. That's fear.