What would you do if you found out that your gf/bf had an eating disorder?

• Help Them
  • Leave them
  • I wouldn't even care

Most Helpful Guy

• Take them to macdonalds

Most Helpful Girl

• Tricky one because I'm recovering from anorexia myself and that could be a major trigger. I'd try to help but if I couldn't cope with it & they were already too deep in it I would have to leave them but I would tell their parents or best friend so they could encourage them to get better.

I'm glad to hear that you are recovering, stay strong.

Thank you 💪

What Guys Said 11

• I would help her. SHE IS MY GIRLFRIEND.

• help and support her we would just take each day as it comes.

• I would do my best to help her. I would tell her that I care very much about her and I don't want to see her suffer or be hurt.

• i would start educating myself to know how to help them out.

• well if i am attracted to her, then i´ll see what i can do to help.

• help them! Also I love making girls feel good about themselves so I would do whatever I can to help.

• I would lose sleep. Can you imagine becoming a midnight snack one day?

• If it's bulimia then I'm outta here, she'll require a whole team of psychiatrists.

• Does she weigh what she should?

It just depends on the type of disorder and the severity.

@layla1234 Condolences.

I wonder if there is something physically wrong with the brains of some people with these disorders? Like maybe two neurons that are supposed to be connected aren't, or they're not supposed to be but ARE. That seems like it would explain people that don't respond to therapy. Words and chemicals can only do so much. If there's a physical defect, it would require a physical solution (surgery).

It a bit like that. It's got ties to depression, so I'd assume that it's brain chemistry

• I will tell her mom to deal with it.

• I wouldn't even care

What Girls Said 17

• Help them. It would be pretty surprising now but he did used to have one so we've already been through all that once.

• I normally prefer a partner who takes care of himself. But if he has a disorder, that's also a bit tricky. I would of course try to coach and help him out of it, but as one other person said, if they won't accept help from, or from some other source, or even help themselves, I won't stick around and have that negativity bring me down, because I can't stand being around someone suffering and possibly on their way to the grave. I just can't do it.

• My boyfriedn has an eating disorder, though it's less a diagnosable disorder and more...

He never finishes his fucking plate. Never. And if he ever does, it takes him three hours.

While I would eat the same amount within five minutes. It's ridiculous, and anoying as hell.

• Force a pizza down their throat?

• Leaving is a douchy move. I'd feel sad for them and be there with them through it all. I love him dearly my biggest fear is losing someone I love with all my heart. I'll never leave the person I love.

• I would try to find a way of helping him.
    We probably would have some problems, but at least, I would be doing the right thing.

• I'd help him, that's my baby, I love him.

• I've had an eating disorder on my own and I'm still going through recovery but if he did I would help him even though I may fall in deeper. Depends. If they're willing to go through recovery then I'd help them and stay with them. But if they weren't and continuing to make me feel insecure then I'd try to get them to go through recovery but I'd have to leave them.

• I'd be very understanding of it because of my past and I know ways to help them, and I'd do that in every way that I could

• I once asked this to my boyfriend and he replied he would do anything to help me. We should be supportive because relationship is about helping each other.

• I would be understanding and supportive, and would reserach ways I can help them.

• I would try to help them as much as I could... And I would be there every step of the way.

• I'd do my best to help them any way possible.

• For being in a sitauation like this I can tell, at first he want to help (force to eat, reasure about her body, etc...) then if she doesn't show sign of being better he leave her or if they begin to be better but then start to show sign of being sick again he leave her.

• Well I am currently getting myself out of a eating disorder that was pretty bad and I still struggle with it and it sucks so I would try to be there for them and help them through because I know what that's like.

• I have eating disorders, stomach anxiety is probably the worst I'll go days without eating because I'll just feel sick to my stomach, can't eat around people or in public, it was worse when I was younger now it's so so... I eat when I'm hungry which isn't often.. when I'm not pregnant because right now I am. so I'm eating all the time. it use to be a fear of becoming fat. I'd probably work out 4 hours a day and binge eat only two days a week. drink only water all week throughout middle school and high school. now I just don't ever want to eat, or can't eat because of anxiety and the anxiety probably came from the disorder.

see I eat great when I'm carrying a child I went from 120 to 140 in just 5 months.. I have 4 more months to go and I think I'll probably only gain another 15.. but i lose all of it within two months because as soon as I have the baby I just can not eat. I don't like the taste of food anymore, it doesn't appeal me I never feel hungry list goes on. I love coffee though 😍 thankfully I grew out of the fear of becoming fat, because I know I'm not.

• It's easy to say help them but they may not want help, or may not b ready for it...
    I would offer them help and TRY to help. But if they don't want it, I'd leave.