Envy people who have it easy?

Do you ever envy people who have it easy? People that are sheltered by both their parents and have their mind settled without constant worry? I sometimes envy when I talk to people that live with their parents that are supportive and loving. They don't worry a lot cause they have everything handed to them and don't have to worry about losing anything. They seem self absorbed and not scared about life at all. All they care about is themselves and don't have to worry about what's going to come next or what's going to happen tomorrow. I feel like whenever my mind starts settling down and I'm starting to feel alright again something ends up happening again and I'm back at square one. While these people who have it easy just go home and everything is all stable and fine. Everything I have ends up being temporary and ends up leaving sooner or later. I have to constantly worry about change and feeling down again cause of shit life throws at me and how people treat me.

Does anyone else envy people like this? Or is this bad?

• Yes I feel the same way as you.
  • No I don't care about them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am one of those people. my mom bought every car I ever owned (even now in my 30s) she put first and last down on my apartment. if I don't have rent I just call her. she paid my school loans off in full bc she didn't want my credit to be bad. my older sister takes me shopping all the time. I told my sister that I had an unpaid speeding ticket & a warrant for my arrest so she went to the courthouse & paid it for me. it's nice, but it's also annoying bc then all I hear is "if it weren't for me you wouldn't even have a car. I'm the one who got you that lease. don't talk to me like that or I'll never help you again." like shut up, I never asked for this. you went out and bought a car & put it in my name. was I supposed to say no? you got that apartment bc you didn't like the one I picked. you wrote that check. I didn't ask you to do anything

thanks mho

you're welcome :D

What Guys Said 4

• When I was a kid my parents were on the rise of high paying careers. I was gonna have it easy. Their hard work was gonna make my life easy. I wasn't gonna have to pay for a car, or school or have to worry about the consequences for all the problems I did and didn't cause.

But then I lost my family and with it, all that security. I'll never forget my father leaving the house for what I was sure would be the last time I would ever see him in that house. I didn't cry, I understood what what was happening, and what the consequences were.

There hasn't been a day that goes by since then where I hadn't been worried about my future, who I was gonna be in 10 years, what and who I was gonna have. Sometimes the stress gets so bad these days, I literally break out into hives. Some mornings I wake up and I'm breathing like I just ran a marathon.

But the thing is, I'm so much a better person now than I would have been had nothing gone wrong. The fact is, I look at those kids and I thank god every day that I didn't turn out to be one of them because if I wasn't always scared shitless, to fail, then what the hell is the point of succeeding?

• that's most of america
    and i feel bad for them cause they believe a lie

they have no conviction they are not willing to be hated
    they follow the path of least Resistance and please the crowd

I feel bad for them

• I understand, but you have to ignore them.

• No I don't care about them.

What Girls Said 1

• No. I find you learn a lot less when things come to you easily. Savor the uphill battle.