HELP? Got caught shoplifting. I think there was cameras?

They have my ID, and benefits card.
The security for the store put me in a headlock and said I would be arrested. It was only beef jerky and water I took. I'm never doing this again. How do I escape this?
My ID is a NY I'd and has my moms address. I'm not in my but in Cali.

So far I'm running away and going to try to change my identity.

Most Helpful Girl

• hahahhahahhaa, I wouldn't feel so guilty because technically speaking these stores rob the hell out of us I'm sure they have 3 dollar to spare.. anyways no if you were seen they wouldn't have just let you walk out the store just so ya know. I was arrested at 17 going and dumb and the law is you have to steal 100$ worth. they double what you steal. if you take 50$ worth it makes it 100$ therefore you can go to jail. I probably stole a good 400$ worth. I was sued. arrested. paid about 1000$ all together not even worth it. you're perfectly fine go get your ID.

usually if they catch someone take something that small they take it back and give you a fair warning its not enough money worth to call the cops because you'd have to take enough crap to make them want to sue and press charges. trust me though if they knew or seen you do it they would be at the same doors you walked in waiting for you. they don't play around I remember like it was yesterday. like I said I was young and dumb.

Not necessarily. If someone is actively resisting you then you can put your hands on them. Also I think in the US they are more lenient towards use of force.

Also if you are arresting someone you can touch them.

Most Helpful Guy

• dude it´s just a very minor thing. face the penalty and get it over with. running away may do more damage then you have already done.

What Girls Said 2

• ... If you got arrested how did you post this?
    Anyways assuming you aren't a troll try playing it off like you brought it in with you or don't say anything at all. I don't know the law in the US, but in Canada they need to see you pick the product, hide it, and pass the point of paying while not losing track of you. If the law is the same in the US then cameras are going to do shit all.
    I would ask for a lawyer if you do get arrested and talk with him.
    Also you could offer to pay for it if you already admitted to stealing. I know some stores if what was stolen was under say 5 or 10$ then they will just get you to return or buy it and ban you from the store.

P. S. I used to work as a floorwalker thats why I know this shit.

I appreciate it,
      I didn't get arrested,
      The guy chokeholded me to the grownd and while I was in a headlock he said I'm getting arrested. He was just some store security guy. I got out threw my bag and ran.

See if you can get your shit back though.

Hopefully, thanks bro

• I don't think what you did was severe enough or a good enough reason to run away and change your identity because you stole some beef jerky and water LOL.

What Guys Said 5

• Shouldn't have lifted or got caught. You're fucked kid. Prepare your anus for jail.

shut up 😂 funniest shit I read all night, go easy on him it was jerky and water. his guilt alone shows he's never going to do it again 😂

sometimes I wish I was a cop just to see minors reactions, and scare them.

• Lol, what store was it? you might not have to do much of anything. If it's a big store than I'm gonna call bullshit on some part of this story. These places don't usually make such abig deal out of something so small

• Twit.

• That's what you get

• Your either a troll or really really really stupid