Do you think this'd work (Christians only please)?

I'm really depressed, stressed and anxious. I'm only eighteen years old but I feel like I've lived a lifetime. I feel well beyond my age... I feel old. So much negative things have happened in my life up until this point. Bad thing after bad thing... it just doesn't stop. I keep waiting for a break but I never really get one. I've been a Christian in the past but through that period of my life, which was ten years, my life didn't get any better, in fact it got worse, so my faith got less and less strong. This resulted in me questioning God a couple years back, questioning life and everything in it, which led to an existential crisis and me leaving Church and God. Every-day I get worse and worse. I feel like I'm dying day-after-day. I'm at my breaking point. I can't take this anymore. I don't know if God is really real anymore, I need proof. I plan on fasting everything: technology, food etcetera and just push into him by reading his word and praying. I want God to show me that he is real by giving me a full beard... like one day in my fast I'll just wake up with a massive full beard (I don't really have facial hair so hence the beard). This is my way of knowing whether God is really real or not. I don't plan on stoping the fast until this happens. If I die, then I die. But I just really need this, I need to know if he's really real. I need something to live for. I need meaning and purpose in my life. Nothing feels real anymore, the world around me and the people in it. I just need to know that God is real, that he's really real. Do you think this will work?

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen. God knows exactly what your doing and planning. And you need to stop. Because your mocking him. And he is not going to do something just to please you because you already lack faith in your heart. Your not saved, and that is your problem. If you can't learn to fully surrender your life, your heart, soul and will over to him and believe that Christ died for your sins, then wasting your time. I don't know what are you looking for, but I believe its a whole more than just proof that God exist. There is an eternal struggle going on in your life that is not healthy. And it hasn't been for a very long time. Something very personal that you haven't actually spoken to anybody because you felt they couldn't really help you.

Okay, the things your going through is because of your stubbornness to acknowledge that he is real. He knows your heart and your soul. That includes your true intentions. God is not some genie. And you need to wake up to that fake. People are dying and going to hell every single day because their not saved. As a Christian who believes in God and see him manifest in my life, I will tell you this. He does not need to prove himself to people. You need to prove yourself to him. Your 18, but as I said you need to get saved. That means seeking deliverance and wanting to serve him. Not your way, His way. You need to change your heart. And the only way to that is to actually WANT to change. Are willing to give up this life and the world for him or are you against him? Make your choice. Because time is running out for everybody. The problem is not God, its you. And you need to stop having religion and learn to have a relationship with him. Because to you, God is just a God. But to me God is my heavenly and spiritual father, not just some God to worship and praise. Figure it out. Or you trying to fast will be in vain, and you will just disappoint yourself. It won't be God doing that.

That fact*

Stop being an ignorant prick.

@Asker

And how am I being ignorant? If you can't handle of what I have to say, then just say that. You don't need to be rude. But I'm telling you exactly what you need to hear. But it sounds like you just don't want to hear anything that I have to say. As I said before. I do not know what it is your seeking and really asking. I'm only throwing it out there is case that is that. You either want help or you don't. Because others may not have the patience to deal with you and your problem. Either way, as I said, it is your choice.

I'm not hear to argue, debate, etc. I have no time for that mess. You have a problem. But its up to you to want to change and fix it. If this is not helping, then you need to get some serious professional counseling. We are not God. We are not perfect. We can't help you if you don't want direction. All I'm telling you is to stop mocking God with this. He will do what he needs to do on his time, not yours or ours.

Most Helpful Guy

• God is real my friend you can see God everywhere in his creations, the earth, the plants, the animals he saved my own life when I was at a dark time, darker then yours.

As for proof God doesn't work like that he has nothing to prove to you he's not going to give you a beard to prove he is real. You should spiritually fast but not to have a beard but to talk with God ask him questions, converse with him, get closer to him.

And as a Christian you shouldn't expect an easy life no one ever became a Christian because they wanted it easy, as soon as we declare our life is for God we're marked by Satan and he'll use every ounce of his power and everything at his disposal to attack you and make your life a living hell. I should know because he's been doing that to my entire family for decades bu we haven't given up, not even close if anything all those attacks all the stress and horrible things that have happened to us has brought us closer to God and made us have more faith in him because he's lifted us out of every situation the devil has put us in.

And a word of warning never test God, it won't work, it even states in multiple places in the bible to never do that.

The best place to find evidence of God is in nature and the universe look at how everything is so unique and different, diverse but yet it works perfectly down to the atomic level, look at how everything in the universe is so perfectly placed just right, not to much but not to little like how if the earth was placed any closer to the sun we'd all burn to death and life would struggle or how if we were any father away from the sun we'd all freeze and life would again struggle. But yet the earth was placed the perfect distance from the sun so that life could flourish and a varied ecosystem of tropics, desert, cold/winter, warm and oceanic environments.

All you have to do is look my friend.

I think that it's ok to ask God to prove himself. You're taking a big gamble if you don't have proof. It's not much to ask for in return for your dedication. It's pretty sad to make us follow him or else we'll in hell forever... that's just really sad. I just want to know if he's really real before I give up my everything. It's not too much to ask for; it's logical. If God is really real then he knows what I've been through and have had to suffer so far in my life, then I think he'd understand were I'm coming from. He's supposed to be loving and caring ya know? Wouldn't a loving and caring God answer your prayers? Wouldn't he love to give someone like me closure? If he did this then I'd be a follower and I'd probably give him my everything. It's a win win for him ya know?

It really isn't ok to test him, the bible is very specific on that, do so at your own risk.

It's a choice, God gives us free reign over our decisions FYI God never wanted there to be hell we Humans unintentionally created it thanks to Satan.

God is loving, is caring but he's also a jealous God and one who even though he doesn't want to would destroy all life on the planet if we were so corrupt that we didn't even resemble is creation.

And he will answer your prayers as long as it's not something selfish or outrageous and you have faith. FAITH that he will answer them.

What Girls Said 3

• This will not give you the proof you're looking for, you're wasting your time. If you can't find proof of God's existence in your everyday life, you're just looking for the wrong things. You want to see Him part seas, and that isn't how it works. You should consider seeking a therapist's help and perhaps stop stewing on the injustice you perceive in your own life. The more negative you look for, the more you will find.

• That's not how it works. While fasting from everything is a great way to be able to hear from God, it won't be in the way that you're hoping for. And quite frankly, that's a good thing. What will you gain from a beard? God is not a magician. But he does make miracles happen. I think you should do the fast. Take all of this to Him in prayer and conversation. Just talk to God. I think sometimes people get so caught up in the religious aspect but they forget that without a relationship with God, none of it matters.

From getting a beard I'll be gaining total assurance that God is real through physical proof. It's not too much to ask for, after all I'd be dedicating my whole life to him if it works.

• You ned to create the meaning and purpose for yourself.. it doesn't just happen. I am an Athiest but was raised Catholic and even thought abotu becoming a Nun. Went to Catholic school and worked with Nuns for 5 years caring for them so I can can still speak from that arena when needed.

I don't think it will work. i mean it could the Catholic Church believes in Miracles if you pray to Saints waiting canonization. For many people they know God is real because they never feel alone... even at the bottom of the well there is something else there. If you need to believe then just belief. Faith comes from within, not the other way around.

It sounds like you need help, maybe call a suicide hotline or join a Christian Church Group.

In my experience you have to create your reason and purpose. Decide what you want and go get it, don't wait for things to come to you.

You are good and your owe it to yourself to really give yourself a shot. Choose to see the light in even the darkest areas of your life. Do you read? There is a book about a Holocaust suvivor that choose happiness and to see life is beautiful despite all of the awful things that happened to him and the deaths of almost everyone he knew. I'll look it up if it's soemthign you will give a chance...

What Guys Said 8

• No it won't work in scripture it tells us not to test God in a few places. http://biblehub.com/luke/4-12.htm
    http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/6-16.htm
    http://biblehub.com/matthew/4-7.htm
    I have been that low and honestly the best thing that you can do is to seek help and go see a psychiatrist.
    The place that I found evidence in God is in Nature. Everything is so unique and it all works perfectly even down to an atomic level that there is no chance that it all happened by chance. To help you feel better you also need human company. Your only 18 it might seem like a long time but honestly it is actually a really short amount of time in your life. I do suggest fasting technology and diving into the bible but you should not fast food. The last time I gave up technology afterwards I never felt like going back and watching TV always left me depressed because of the commercials.
    I wish you luck in finding your faith and God bless.

• What you're doing is trying to force God's hand into moving and showing you that He's real. And in a sense, that's placing you in power over Him, which won't work. I know this because I've gone through the same thing. The truth is, He could easily do as you request. But if He doesn't, it still doesn't mean He isn't real. It just means He chose not to be controlled. If He is God, we cannot control or manipulate Him.

My suggestion is that you, in all honesty and humility before God, confess your doubts and ask Him to reveal Himself to you in His own way and in His own time, only that you would know with certainty the answer to the questions that vex you. In my experience, God honors the sincere and searching heart, and He will not leave such a heart unanswered. But He must be approached in humility, or you're not approaching Him as the Supreme Being.

• No, this won't work. Whether you're religious or not, the logic of your experiment doesn't hold up. Instead please get professional counseling to address the issues that you have wisely not specifically mentioned ecvrpt to say that they're overwhelming you.

Good luck. You can do this.

• You will get evidence for God in Islam. So many scientific phenomenon which no one knew about 1400 years ago are present in the Quran and then there are the prophecies of prophet Muhammad which are becoming true right before our eyes and we know it's all true. Trust me just google it and then decide for yourself. In Islam we already believe in Jesus so you will not have to ditch all of your previous beliefs.
    https://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm
    https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1.htm

• The only thing you'll be doing is giving more supportive evidence that evolution is true. Go for it.

• This legitimately sounds like a troll lol. My apologies if it's not

• Everyone who has went and had faith with Christ has never asked for a refund !!

• ... Don't shave and then see if God gives you a full beard.