Does oral hygiene have any effect on your immune system?

for example: do people who brush and floss everyday get sick less than those that don't?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Flossing helps keep your heart and arteries clean as well.

What Guys Said 6

• I read that there is zero scientific study or evidence that flossing does anything beneficial for you. But there's a lot of anecdotal evidence out there that might suggest that flossing is good. Personally I love to floss. I think feeling like my gums are tough as fuck and can beat up them damn germs and shit lol. But at the same time I can still do that even if I know flossing doesn't do shit. It's just nice to be able to do it and they don't bleed at all.

• it does have health benefits and can decrease the chances of heart problems. Med student here.

• Actually it can a bit yeah

• Yes, I think so

• I heard it does. It absolutely has an impact on your social life and your success.

• You're more likely to have heart problems when you don't look after oral

What Girls Said 2

• I mean it lowers the risk of gum disease and cavaties and it overall better than having fury teeth.

• Yes it does