With how precious people are becoming, do you think it will get to an absurdly surreal level where eye to eye contact is viewed as 'harassment'?

Most Helpful Girl

• it could. i would probably be the first one to go to jail too. because i make eye contact with everyone. it shows strength.

it shows respect, first and foremost

true. :D

I have to admit, I view eye contact differently with women than I do with men. I respect women that make and hold eye contact. With men, it always comes down to a question: "Is he an ally, or do I need to destroy him?". I'm an American.

What Girls Said 2

• Nah, you know what is harassment though?
    Hugh Mungus.
    @triss @reixun

Actually I see eye to eye contact as very heavy level of sexual harassment

@Triss you so much as look at me I'm blowing my rape whistle

Ahahahahahahahaha

• It's near that extreme now.

What Guys Said 19

• It already is. I've already had the police called to escort me off the premises of bars which I've been sitting in, on two separate occasions, after merely smiling and making eye contact with a girl sitting in a group of other girls at another table. On both occasions, I told the police that I hadn't done anything besides take a glance in those girls' general directions, that I'd just been sitting on my own at a table in the corner in total silence. On both occasions, the police officers admonished me and condemned me for having done so, telling me that what I'd done- looking in the direction of girls who apparently didn't want me to look at them (in spite of having shown clear indicators they were flirting with me)- was sexual harassment whether I acknowledged it as such or not, because "that's what the girl reported it as, so that's what it was," and telling me that they'd arrest me and charge me with sexual harassment if I were to set foot inside that place again within the next 24 hours, forbidding me from finishing the drink I'd paid for or collecting my belongings. If I were to even find myself in those girls' lines of sight ever again, they told me, then they'd arrest me and press charges against me for stalking her and sexually harassing her.

• I can easily see that day coming. The man-hating SJWs on college campuses especially will likely be the ones to try to ban guys making eye contact with girls. ("He was raping me with his eyes! The pig!")

Not even that angle. i am a senior teacher and mentor a few new teachers. on a recent one to one i felt a young mans discomfort with the eye to eye contact

• I hope not but you can see "Maybe" appearing on the spectrum these days.

funny how we would fear being deemed disrespectful if we didn't communicate eye to eye.

Compare this to the younger generation that struggle to face ones eyes

• It is just about there.
    I refer you to the Feminist talk of the 'male gaze'.
    It is better to treat women as though they were invisible. Even then, they will still complain.
    See:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3pjGd1v5xY

• dont think it will get that bad but i know exactly where you are coming from

• no i don't think it will come to that

• Isn't there yet? The fact that they're people so sensitive to the point of just saying "Good morning/Hello" to can have you cussed out and reported to the police for sexual harassment is stupidity of an epic scale; these individuals act as if they're still in diapers screaming for it to be changed still and it's pathetic to be honest.

• No, its a clashing of cultures. Asians don't look each other in the eye for the simple idea that it breeds intimidation and shame.

• Do it anyway if someone views looking into another person's eyes harassment then they are to fragile to be in the real world.

I look at everyone in the eye.

how many in your age group are able to keep the gaze, or do they instantly look away?

I don't really converse with many people my age they're to annoying I prefer older people, but the ones my age I have talked to or hang out with keep my gaze.

• You're pushing it, man.

And I don't think recognition of the harassment women do suffer on a daily basis is something absurd.

how am i 'pushing it'?

also, do not remember mentioning women in the question...

• it would, and probably feminist would make that happen, and all the men will go to jail because of them

• i think there will always be guys and girls who will not care about the whole staring is harassment thing.

• Yes looking is a form of body language and communication so I can see people getting upset.

• Absolutely. The dumbing down of crime is symptomatic symptom of an unserious culture. I'm sure people are already saying you can "commit assault with your eyes." -- The Supreme Court is currently smarter than this. Maybe not so in 20 years.

• Stop visually raping me! haha

but creepy eye contact can be intimidating in some situations...

• I think it already has.

• Nah, that's hyperbole.

• now it is viewed as harassment.

• I think its gotten to a point that many people Don care if they "offend" any one any more