Why are white people privileged?

Why can't black people be privileged instead?

Most Helpful Girl

• privilege does not come with skin color. it comes with money. the more money you have, the more privileged you are. any race can be privileged.

Why are white men and women privileged then?

they aren't. and if you don't agree with what i'm saying, explain o. j. simpson then? he must have paid a lot of money to get away with murder.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only white privilege that is supposed to extend to all white people is living in a country that is mostly white people. It's the basic human instinct to treat those who are more like you with more respect or give them the "benefit of the doubt". Mexicans do the same thing. Black people do the same thing. Asians do the same thing. And even then, it is marginal in most cases.

It's supposed to be shit like "you get the benefit of the doubt that you're not a criminal." Except that perception on minorities is more driven by... the liklihood of actually being a criminal. White people commit 60% of the crime or so, despite being 78% of the population, if I remember the FBI stats correctly--might be murders. Whereas, black people commit 42% of the murders, despite being 12% of the pop. Include thug and gang culture, well, it's just *less likely* that white people are going to be bad. Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of evil white people. If anyone knows that well, it's me. Just not as much per capita, in the U. S. So, benefit of the doubt via liklihood.

Other stuff is like "you get first dibs at a job position," except affirmative action sort of forces businesses to hire people based on their skin color not being white. But, even if that doesn't balance it out, other races do exactly the same thing. Mexicans would definitely be more likely to hire Mexicans. Black people most likely want to hire black people. Etc. Of course, there are exceptions. But *one* of these races maintains a negative label of "white privilage" for shit that everyone else does, too? It makes no sense.

Then, some speak of white people as a whole making more money than other races. Except Asians make as much or *more* money than white people do, as a whole. So where is "Asian privilage"?

And yes. There is "black privilage," I can tell you, having worked in a warehouse for years as the only white worker. And I was treated fairly fair. Just more respect given to your own race. That doesn't mean respect isn't given, at all, to other races. And most of the time, race is relatively irrelevant.

I am not blind to the fact that there are disadvantages in living in a country that is mostly not your race; again, particularly because I had been in such a situation for years. Nor am I blind to income inequality or other such issues. But calling this kind of shit "white privilage" is just stupid and misleading.

What Girls Said 5

• because the way we run this world was made from white supremacy. That's the truth

Why can't blacks be superior

Haha no... Not the same thing
      Not the same thing at all

• Because white people were 'evolving' quicker than black people back in the day.

Really? Are they still evolving quicker than us?

um no. you are wrong. china has been developing africa for years. building infrastructure. the locals aren't happy about it. but why?

@COCOCHANEL um yes. The european and American (so western) market have been doing the same again and again. Take milk. In Europe, farmers get subsides for extra milk they can't sell on the european market and are forced to sell on for example African markets. The African farmers don't, and so they lose to the low price of european farmers.

The western world tells us via media that they're trying their best to improve third world countries but in reality they want to keep them uneducated to sell their products and bullshit.

• Read a history book

• White people aren't privileged. There are more white people that have significant advantages over black people in general, but to say white people are privileged is a grossly ridiculous belief.

• Well, I guess white people are privileged because they don't need to add moisture to their hair.
    And black people are privileged because they don't need to put sun screen on.

Do you find white people the most beautiful?

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...9-b76f-07415e47fa0e.jpg

@BubbleBoy69 White people are ugly

@BubbleBoy69 no, not particularly. Some are extremely ugly with thin hair, terrible skin tone, and awful reddening skin.
      Some are very beautiful with lovely even skin, nice skin tone, and good facial features.
      Pretty similar to other races in that aspect.

What Guys Said 14

• it stems from hundreds of years of oppression. black people, native americans were considered inferior people with little to no rights. so the institution which is america (policitics, economics, commercialization) was developed for white america.

the further and further we get away from oppression the less institutionalized privilege exists but it still exists

• Because White people created the modern civilization and dominate politics, economy and media. If Asians and Blacks want to get the same privilege they have to work harder to achieve the heights of the White people. Asians are working hard and will soon be privileged, but for some reason Blacks can't understand this simple truth. I am by no means racist but you Blacks should really stop living on your welfare checks and start working.

"Because White people created the modern civilization and dominate politics, economy and media"

so should black people enslave white people for several hundred years to give themselves the leg up that leads to institutionalized privileges?

and you may not be racist but it is racist to say "you Blacks should really stop living on your welfare checks and start working." there are more white people on welfare that any other demographic in america. and a larger percentage of white people on welfare (40%) than any other demographic (african americans 27%, 10% hispanic, 2% Asian, 1% native american))... so you may not be racist but you say racist things dude

@madhatters4 There were no slaves in the countries I mentioned. And sorry for those words, but I think they apply to those Blacks who don't work and don't take care of their families.

those words should apply to everyone who doesn't work or doesn't take care of their family

• white had ever been called barbarian, they just found something suddenly.
    but even now, I am still stepped over from other race.
    I sometimes think about it why
    I think I just can not extend my expectation
    but I still can live my home.
    I dont know if it is pain?

• Part of your DNA, you have the privilege genes, it's like heart disease or eye color, this shit is inherited and that's that.
    All white people have it, doesn't relate to their social or economical status in any way. They just are. ^^^^

• I see so many blacks that are more privileged than me, and their parents grew up more privileged than mine

Correlation does not always equal causation

White people aren't privileged because of their race, but by smart financial decisions of their ancestors

"but by smart financial decisions of their ancestors "

like building empires on the backs from free slave labor right? i don't disagree that white people made smart decisions (albeit at the expense of many other groups) but you can't say that that oppression didn't cause white privilege.

@madhatters4 statistically whites have more to fear in minority neighborhoods than vice versa and it's it even close. Asians make higher income than whites, Blacks get into colleges with lower sat scores then whites and Asians. Once again I ask where's the privilege? Since it appears if anything YOU are the privileged one in many aspects

@HonestWhiteGuy statistically whites have more fear that blacks in other situations? could you produce that statistic?

and please note that further up i did say that there are privileges that other groups get as well. and specifically mentioned the problem of a white person in an impoverished urban environment...

i can see and acknowledge the full scope of an issue. you deny that an issue even exists

• I'm still waiting to get in on this privilege shit. Where are the meetings?

• u talkin about the big picture i assume... why African countries are so fucked up while europian/american countries are so well... well something happend through the history.. nobody knows about..

• because of history im assuming
    why can't we have equality instead?2//2/2?2two

• Lol "instead"

• Wait what?

• Too ashy :/

• what priviledge do you get from being white? can I have some of that?

• its not privilage its the fact that white people busted their ass to be the most advanced around, they have the strongest economies, strongest armies, best technology and good morals, so its hard work.

nothing to do with oppressing other groups for hundreds of years right? slavery, moving people from their land, internment camps... really great morals

@HonestWhiteGuy "Your victimhood mindset" you don't know my mindset. just because i believe something exists doesn't mean that i believe i'm some victim

"by the way since you think all
      Whites are privileged does that mean the white homeless..."
      this has nothing to do with what the concept of white privilege. again i suggest you read about what it is. it doesn't mean every white person is a millionaire. i gave you an example of millionaires (white and black) who were treated vastly different.

it is almost always going to be anecdotal because it's hard to measure something that is an emotional action or something held within someone.

it's absurd that you even bring up homelessness or a war vet to compare to athletes. that is a wholly different situation and speaks to a weak understanding of the concept of white privilege.

so why not address the scenario i presented rather than coming up with bizarre comparisons. why are there white homeless people or vets who can't get healthcare while there are millionaire black athletes?

do you really need me to answer that? because the NFL makes billions and pays those people who make the league billions millions. why are military personnel often times left in a lurch? because our government has many issues.

and the reason those vets can't get healthcare isn't because of obama. seriously please read about the issues of veteran healthcare before you make absurd comments like that.

look i could go on and on but based on your bizarre comparisons and lack of acknowledge of advantages various groups have in this country we can stop. you have your viewpoint. so i'll let you have it