What's the highest fever you've ever had?

If you were wondering, when I was 7 years old I was extremely sick and I had a 107° fever for about 9 hours so that was my highest.

0|0
4|11

Most Helpful Girl

• 42 degrees Celsius, or 107-108 degrees Fahrenheit, for some reason I'm extremely prone to getting fevers (often also chills), I can literally have a mere cold & my temperature will go up to 39-40 degrees Celsius or so.
    The last time it was really bad was when I had a pneumonia & had to be hospitalised with a fever of 42 degrees, at that point I actually just kept throwing up and shaking, and an excruciating pain breathing :/ That was in March.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Shouldn't you have brain damage since you've had really high fevers multiple times? I had a severe infection that had spread throughout my body so I guess it was different but the doctors were really worried that I'd have permanent brain damage or die. They even had a priest come to see me

• Show All
    • 1mo

I did but I was so sick that nothing worked. I had cancer and was on chemotherapy at the time so I basically had no immune system and it was 12 years ago so I'm sure they didn't have all the same things they have now

• 1mo

Oh yeah medicine has advanced very rapidly over the past decade. I'm glad you're better now!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I think mine has gotten to that point once my tonsils were really infected by then I was in 7th grade and my oldest brother rushed me to the hospital it was 107

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I had a fever of 104.5 degrees Fahrenheit when I was about eight years old and sick with pneumonia.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not about the highest. But I once got a two weeks fever

0|0
    0|0
  • 40°C ~104°F
    It only lasted for a couple of hours but it was horrible.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I don't know but I was out for a week

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably over 9000

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure but it resulted in an ice bath.

0|0
    0|0
  • i had flu on an airplane once so i guess my highest fever was around 35000 feet

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe about 104.

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • 107 can cause brain damage man😰

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Yeah I was lucky. After 2-3 hours it can cause brain damage but it was a little over 9 hours before my temperature started to drop

• is that F or C. 68C Was my highest

0|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

Lmao but you do realise that anything above 43 would kill you or result in serious brain damage, right?

• Show All
    • 1mo

Evidently..

• 1mo

look back on what I said 5 comments befor this I said 39

0|0
    0|0
  • 42... on Celsius.

0|0
    0|0