What's the highest fever you've ever had?

If you were wondering, when I was 7 years old I was extremely sick and I had a 107° fever for about 9 hours so that was my highest.

Most Helpful Girl

• 42 degrees Celsius, or 107-108 degrees Fahrenheit, for some reason I'm extremely prone to getting fevers (often also chills), I can literally have a mere cold & my temperature will go up to 39-40 degrees Celsius or so.
    The last time it was really bad was when I had a pneumonia & had to be hospitalised with a fever of 42 degrees, at that point I actually just kept throwing up and shaking, and an excruciating pain breathing :/ That was in March.

Shouldn't you have brain damage since you've had really high fevers multiple times? I had a severe infection that had spread throughout my body so I guess it was different but the doctors were really worried that I'd have permanent brain damage or die. They even had a priest come to see me

I did but I was so sick that nothing worked. I had cancer and was on chemotherapy at the time so I basically had no immune system and it was 12 years ago so I'm sure they didn't have all the same things they have now

Oh yeah medicine has advanced very rapidly over the past decade. I'm glad you're better now!

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I think mine has gotten to that point once my tonsils were really infected by then I was in 7th grade and my oldest brother rushed me to the hospital it was 107

What Girls Said 3

• I had a fever of 104.5 degrees Fahrenheit when I was about eight years old and sick with pneumonia.

• It's not about the highest. But I once got a two weeks fever

• 40°C ~104°F
    It only lasted for a couple of hours but it was horrible.

What Guys Said 10

• I don't know but I was out for a week

• Probably over 9000

• I'm not sure but it resulted in an ice bath.

• i had flu on an airplane once so i guess my highest fever was around 35000 feet

• Maybe about 104.

• 103.2

• 107 can cause brain damage man😰

Yeah I was lucky. After 2-3 hours it can cause brain damage but it was a little over 9 hours before my temperature started to drop

• is that F or C. 68C Was my highest

Lmao but you do realise that anything above 43 would kill you or result in serious brain damage, right?

Evidently..

look back on what I said 5 comments befor this I said 39

• 100.

• 42... on Celsius.