Is my female boss being sexist to me?

She is the shittest boss ever. Literally, how she got that place baffles me. I'm the only man who works at Costa whereas there are 4 other employees who are all female. The female employees basically boss me about and tell me what to do. I complained to the boss about it and she just told me that if i don't like the job then i should quit. She pisses me off badly. The females who work there don't do anything compared to me. I've even found out that they get paid more than me even though i do more work than them, it's bs.

1mo Anyone else?

Most Helpful Girl

• it seems so

What can i do about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't quit till you have a new job lined up - Yeah you deserve to work where you feel most comfortable

What Girls Said 1

• you are still young so I would get another job lined up and be sure to leave in a nice way don't flip her off on your way out or make a scene but if there is another job go ahead. by the way this seems weird

What Guys Said 3

• You're still a minor? Are they minors too? If they're not, then I think it explains why you're paid less and why she didn't care much about what you said.

• have you worked there as long as the other female employees?

Yeah I've worked there for 2 years and most of the female employees have been there for under a year.

are they in similar positions as you? like doing the same thing? do they have similar educational backgrounds?

i think there is definitely some favoritism perhaps sexism. without know about the details of each person's background i don't know if the pay issues would be considered sexism.

regardless of whether or not she is sexist or not she is horrible boss

Yeah we are all in the same positions as each other and we do the same things apart from the fact that they boss me around to do all of their shit. I have a really good educational background so I doubt it's that. I'm a A/B student.

• Quit find another job, in most western countries you could TECHNICALLY file a discrimination suit but it probably won't go anywhere.