How would you feel if you messaged someone and they told you you weren't a 'high priority' for them to respond?

Most Helpful Girl

• LMAO.

I have told people this. Guys, specifically. There are a few factors but he has to do something that makes me think "He's not really interested or is just a friend.".

- Will still respond but if there's someone else that has "higher priority"; your message might not get responded to when I have the few minutes to check my phone.

**Pretty terrible at responding these last few weeks. So many apps to check and what feels like never enough time.

Just ask @Yumix and @BeerFarts. :P

- - If someone told that to me, I'd inquire as to why. Not to be mean or unhappy; but to see if it was something I'd done or just them. If it's just them, then, I'd send an appropriate response before leaving.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 33

• Maybe, depending on How the "Relationship" I had with Whoever was, be Hurt or Maybe... Not.
    I probably would Think as well that at Least they had the Nerve to Tell me, and just Distance myself a little More than Before.
    Good luck and Thank you for the Kind Invite, @Toad-1 xx

• "Okay, thanks for telling me that YOU are not a high priority!" and promptly add them to the spam list.

• I'd be happy they were honest with me so I could stop messaging them. Better to know where I stand than think I have value I don't with them.

• I'd probably lay off... they're not worth the emotional investment, then... why did this happen to you?

• Lol, bye. I wouldn't have any words for them. I mean, if they weren't someone I was used to messaging, then yeah, I could understand. But if we're talking friends, best friends, family or significant others? Good riddance.

• I did it to others hahahha
    well not messages, but I once dated a dude and then he became cringy and I told him he is not my priority, my friends and family are.
    I ve only seen him 2 times and he wanted to me to cancel my plans and do stuff with him every day jeez

• 0|0
  • "Well fuck you too."

• I would just never message them again and move on. Just today some guy called me a mean girl and blocked me because I didn't want to message him. I find him annoying and he crossed a line by asking a personal question about where I live.

• My friend did this to his ex-girlfriend once.
    He had been at football practice all afternoon and she'd sent him a load of messages demanding to know where he was. He finally messaged back saying he was at football and she messaged 'get your priorities right'.
    He messaged back that he had them perfect:
    Family
    University
    Football
    When she asked where she was he said that she was somewhere near eighth place...
    Anyway, she broke up with him so I suppose the answer is pissed off?

• Lol only one person has said that to me and I asked him why. He told me what it was so now I make sure he finishes the busy time period before crawling into my messages again. It pissed me off but whatever, life goes on and at least now I know how he feels about me.

• I would instantly know my place in their life.

• Someone's said something along those lines to me before. "Better than waiting for a text that may or may not come" I took that as a sign that I don't mean much to him, but he was still stuck with me so I told him to get over it. But it felt like shit because I loved him

• Depends. Has he respond right away with that comment or waited a while?

• Wow that's really fucking rude and thoughtless.

I'd really think "fuck then" and never talk to them again!

• That's hurtful.

• I'd simply never text again.

• I'd think they're a rude snob and they need to get off their high horse. Honestly, I probably wouldn't talk to them anymore, even if they messaged me.

• That's rude AF😒😒

• I'd stop talking to them all together.

• Very mad but I would try to let it go fairly quickly because there is no point making someone who places you as the least of their priority to be the most important thing you have to think about.

• You know that hasn't been SAID to me but it has happened to me lately because I can tell by their ACTIONS. You can easily tell if they prefer doing other things or talking to other people over you. It's obvious.

• I would say, "rude!" Then I wouldn't talk to them again.

• I would move on to someone else. I'd respond with, "Okay. Good to know," and just don't text again.

• I wouldn't contact them ever again.

• That would suck

• Get angry and pissed off in the moment sure, but it's not the end of the world.

• I'd be pissed and never text or talk to them again.

• I'd just forget them. It would clearly be their loss.

• i'd laugh

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 23

• Well not on gag or anything, but my own girlfriend after a brief debate and me trying to apologize the next day that...

I was at the bottom of her priority list.

Hurt pretty bad man. Like one day and this 😔. Crushed.

• I've kind of been told that before. I've asked my friend why he left me read and he said "because I'm texting someone else"
    So basically that means "This person is more important to talk to than you are"
    Even though I'm pretty sure it's not impossible to text two people at the same time 🤔

• Friend or acquaintance? Fine, fuck you. Won't bother you again.

Business? Depends on what the relationship is.

• Its happened to me before. :(

Story time!

So I had a really good friend that was a girl, and we would text and talk a lot and hang out and do homework and study groups together, and the next year she moved schools. It is a school notorious for bratty girls and I thought she wouldn't turn into one... but guess what... she did. I started texting her just like normal, and she didn't respond for I'd say 2 days (very unusual for her). She basically said she has friends now at her new school and doesn't have time for me.

I've let it go and don't even talk to her anymore, and if she tries to talk to me i just say I'm busy with my friends and don't have time for her.

• That's essentially a polite way of saying "fuck off". Once someone texts that then that's your cue to stop messaging, contacting that person.

It's a either a bad or shitty' thing depending on who responded this way.

• I would be irritated and depending on how angry I got. I'd either delete their #/block them... of F with them constantly.

• If those were the words they used I'd say, "If you're doing other stuff fine, but you don't have to be a dick about it." If they implied it tactfully, then I get it. Especially if they're at work.

• @datgirl is this what you've been trying to tell me?😢😂

• I am not normally a rude person but my response would be "F*** Off Then"

• 0|0
  • I would be glad they didn't just not respond

• Never had a message like that before but that would be so rude, I would never bother with them again

• Well that's just mean lol.

• No further questions asked, no hard feelings, no revenge or anything, that person will simply be removed my life, on social media, phone and in real life , as simple as that, passive aggressivness does wonders , i did it before and it got me results.

• i would not waste my time on them, and i'll move on

• I would think they are some kind of snob.

There are people that wait a few days. Otherwise, I try to respond once daily.

I talk to dozens of people. So, the little time I have on my phone (can't have at work) and between being social, gym, and house work, is spent trying to catch up on messages.

- Some days are slower than others. It's not like I go "I don't want to talk to you". lol, if I didn't, I'd tell them that flat out.

@Smmyskittles well then i dont think you are a snob though.

• Move on i wonder why they stick around when its obvious its over, don't shackle any body down.

• I wouldn't talk to them again.

• I would laugh it off, and move on. You cannot please everyone... Hard lesson to learn, as it took me YEARS to learn that :P

• Id respond after a few hours saying "Sorry i was busy with my highest priority: your mom"

• I'd fucking forget about them.
    Although I don't text anyone because i'm a loner.

• Depends on the person, of course.

• Frankly they are equally rude as the people who don't respond at all!

At least you're not left wondering...

@dragonfly6516 Yeah but in the age of whatsapp where they bluetick the message and their last seen updates, I think in that case, it's pretty rude to delay replying to people, don't you think?

@dragonfly6516 They live in a city