I have really bad anxiety sometimes, what do you do to cope with it. Any advice?

It sucks and sometimes it has really messed me up to the point where my heart was racing and i was sweating 😰. What do you guys do to cope with anxiety? For the people who do suffer from it. Any techniques or advice you can give?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have GAD and i find that stomach breathing helps me, as well as listening to guided meditation.

I'm sorry you have GAD that's messed up i know sometimes i have a hard getting things in my daily done because of it, i wish you the best and hope you can overcome it one day. And thank you i will try the stomach breathing exercises i get messed up panic attacks so hopefully it helps.

same to you man, you'll get through it. it sucks but it only makes you stronger in the end.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sucks I've had episodes where I'd start sweating, trembling, blurry vision and numbness sensation. Also sometimes hot or cold flashes. I usually just lay in bed, watch sponge bob at low volume, have a fan blow cool are on me and drink water. The fan and show helps distracte me. The fan also helps me feel like I'm getting enough air even though I'm getting more than enough. Also try breathing in slowly through your nose and breath out slowly through your mouth. One time it was so bad I actually started choking on water. It made it really difficult to swallow just plane water

What Girls Said 5

• Thank you for the Kind Invite, @CHRIS11796
    Depression and Anxiety runs in My own Family. Thank God I don't have this. However, they have dealt with it for many years, and with the Assistance with Doctors and Medicine that has Helped Immensely, they Live a Normal life of Rarely any Strife.
    If this Continues, See your own Doctor, and He/She will Refer you to a Specialist to Help you Deal wit this.
    There have been times when my own sister feels like "Dying," and i tis so scary, even though Some Stress will Bring On... Not her Best.
    Good luck. xx

Ok thank you, and yes it does feel like you're dying and nobody can help you in the moment.

Thank you for the Like, and Yes, my sis says it is so bad and so scary.
      Definitely go Get assistance, dear. I see those signs of my sister's Times. xxoo

• there's some coping techniques light coloring drawing going for a run stuff like that that can help when you start to feel stressed but if it gets so bad I would recommend going and seeing a counselor or a doctor if you feel like you need to take medication for it you should definitely do so with counseling not just taking medication

• -Deep breathing
    -Drinking water
    -Distracting myself from thought which causes anxiety

• Breathing in through your nose and out your mouth slowly & honestly playing with playdoh or clay helps me clam down. I know that sounds childish but it really helps me when I have my Anxiety and panic attacks.

• The therapist.

What Guys Said 1