Do you believe alien life exists elsewhere in the universe?

• Yes - We may not have found them yet, but they're out thereDo you believe alien life exists elsewhere in the universe?
  • No - Aliens are just part of science fictionDo you believe alien life exists elsewhere in the universe?
  • I'm not sureDo you believe alien life exists elsewhere in the universe?
  • otherDo you believe alien life exists elsewhere in the universe?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there's other life out there but not in the traditonal sense that we think of when we think aliens. I believe there's angels and demons out there and even other types of spiritual "animals" that we have yet to experience. When we die we have an eternity to explore the universe, the heavens, the world. God's mysteries are too much for us to understand in our physical mind. But when we pass we can see the different planets, the galaxies, and see the spiritual life that we're blinded by. As we speak right now there's angels and demons all around us, but we can't see them because we are in the physical world. But when God comes and if we're right with him all the knowledge to be at our feet. We have an eternity to understand our purpose and learn all the secrets in all of existence. I also believe when the antichrist comes into power and God comes back for his people he's going to use "aliens" as a cover for the rapture. He'll know it was God who came for his people, but those who don't believe and don't practice their faith are more inclined to believe in "alien" life than thing involving God.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a mathematical near-certainty. It would be extremely unlikely for such a vast universe that has existed for such an incredibly long time to have only brought into existence life on one single planet.

The Fermi paradox is currently found to be without a solution by most scientists. Enrico Fermi, an Italian physicist, stated that although the probability for other (intelligent) life forms to exist in the universe is very high and although interstellar travel may be a possibility for these life forms (considering they might be millions of years ahead of us), we have not yet been contacted by any extraterrestrials. This only leaves a couple of possible explanations:
    a) Intelligent life forms do exist but they haven't yet advanced far enough to contact us or respond to our attempts to contact them.
    b) Intelligent life forms do exist and they're capable of traveling far distances in the universe but they haven't noticed us yet.
    c) Intelligent life forms do exist, they're capable of traveling far distances and they also know we exist but for some unknown reason, they refuse to get into contact with us.
    d) Intelligent life forms do exist but the places where they exist within the universe are simply too far apart for these different life forms to ever come into contact.
    e) Other intelligent life forms may possess the technology to come to us but it's simply too expensive for them to actually do that.
    f) Everyone is listening, nobody is transmitting
    g) For reasons yet unknown to us, it is dangerous to communicate
    h) Natural extinction events occur too often for any intelligent life form to make it far enough to contact us
    i) It is typical for intelligent life forms to destroy themselves
    j) Humans are too early (more intelligent life forms will come into existence but at a later stage in time)
    k) Contrary to all mathematical probabilities, we are in fact alone in the universe.

What Girls Said 141

• Not just "Illegal" but Other Form of Life, even Ones, hun, Who have been Seen Around Town Called, "Black Eyed Children," and Even Ones with "White Eyes."
    These are All referred to as "Demonic Hybrids."
    Anyone Interested, Google L. A. Marzulli from "The Watchers." Hundreds of Videos on YOUTUBE.
    Thank you, @LEIGHX xx
    Good luck and This one is anyone's Own Personal Opinion. xx

• I know it's controversial, but no, I don't think so. Not because I think it's silly and I'm sure there are many molecules and different environments out in the universe that we will discover but there's no substantial, provable, traceable evidence despite efforts of so many different kinds from every country. There'd be something. I really don't think they'd be the same as hollywood thinks either. The idea sounds exciting, but well, we, invented aliens. At least how we think about them. And if we can do things like that with what we already have, that we know exists, shouldn't that be what we invest ourselves in first? Anyway, that's all I'm going to say, debate away.

• Ooh, it's such an exciting question!! Yes I think there is alien life. For ages I thought it was unlikely because life is so complex and organized, it goes outrageously against the laws of entropy. But recently I read this fascinating new research: increasing complexity actually makes sense, because the best way to dissipate energy (i. e. increase entropy) is to form into an organized system. (For example, in a microwave, the atoms vibrate in tandem in an organized resonant way and dissipate the incoming energy as heat (entropy), remarkably well)
    So it actually makes sense that the incoming energy from a star will be dissipated in increasingly organised forms, from resonances to eddies to localized chemical reactions, and eventually to some form of replicating organism..
    Sorry for the long answer!
    I think they're out there, but that Einstein was right about the speed of light being an absolute limit - we're so far away from each other!

• I don't really understand how people believe aliens don't exist? I mean take Earth, if you compare it to the sun, its microscopic, but the sun is only one star and if you compare the sun to other stars, like VY Canis Majoris, for example, these other stars would be the diameter of the sun.. times millions. Not only that, but the milky way is ONE galaxy. There are millions, possibly billions of galaxies in the universe and the universe is still expanding. Its not like it was all made for this tiny little planet. I don't think aliens have visited the Earth yet or that they have big heads and are green/blue (I have no idea what they possibly look like, maybe like us), but I believe they're somewhere out there.

• I think there is at least early microbial life. The universe is immense, and that's an understatement. It happened once, who's to say Earth was first or will be the last?

• Who knows honestly. The universe is incredibly huge, so it really wouldn't surprise me if there were some other living beings out there. That said, I do think it's much more likely that there's alien life than alien civilization. Like, both are possible, but just basic organisms on the level of earth insect or maybe small animals seem like they'd be a lot more common than actually developed beings on the level of humans.

• Yes, I believe. There is a large portion of our solar system and our oceans that have yet to be explored...
    What I wonder is where all the stereotypes for aliens came from. Who first thought that they would look like those images you posted? I feel like if they are real, they probably look more similar to us than that.

• Do you mean "life" or "intelligent" life, as in ET walking around in his space ship? I don't buy into the aliens zooming around in their flying saucers, that's an idea that's never gained traction with me.
    However you can convince me that life may exists on other planets , or better yet existed. Plant life, microscopic organisms, etc. I'm willing to have that conversation but the other? Just... no

both

@cavmanier Perhaps. The mistake most make in their argument is that alien life is more advanced than human civilization. That is science fiction and no longer science. In the case that an alien life is discovered , it doesn't mean they will be superior to humans in any way. They could be in the early stages of advancement.

It would be very interesting to see what they look like. I agree they would probably look something more like a space cow or dinosaur, but there's a good chance there may be more advanced aliens if you consider the 2 trillion observable galaxies. Galaxies O_O That's wow to me.

• I just can't believe that we're the /only/ species in all of the universe, there must be more out there.

• If the universe can create the right environment for life to start once then it can happen again.
    Just because they're not the same conditions we live in doesn't mean it's not compatible for "aliens".

• Yes I love the aliens! Just not the ones from most of the movies above. There is too much evidence proving their existence, thanks to today's technology. Stephen Hawking, one of the smartest people on the PLANET (that we know of..) has said that he fears that we have already inadvertently (?) contacted potentially hostile beings from other planets with our satellites, and others have agreed with him.
    Besides, WE'RE THE ALIENS.

:o

No really, this is a serious answer.
    Where did cows and chickens come from anyway? Noone knows! Dogs are domesticated wolves!! Really? Wth? What about corn, or wheat, which can only grow when tended to in a field?

I would post a link but I don't have enough Xper points.. (gimmie gimiie..)

• I think it's naive, possibly ignorant and quite arrogant to assume we're alone.

• There's too much evidence.
    1. There are hundreds of billions of stars with at least 4 planets revolving around each one of them
    2. We have found over hundreds of planets orbiting the goldilocks zone (part where liquid water exist)
    3. We are proof. If life came out to be here on earth then it's certain to happen somewhere else.
    4. Where is everybody? If the universe has so many stars and planets then why haven't we been visited?
    - space is too big to visit every planet. The chances of someone making contact with us are small because we live in the outskirts of the milky way galaxy which is the least populated
    - space might be too dangerous to travel for anybody even advanced beings. Nanotechnology particles will tear apart your DNA and any space craft or any man made material known to man deep in space. We are shielded by all of that by our sun.
    -were not interesting. Yes. We can barely get to our moon and haven't even explored any other planets besides sent voyagers for glimpses.
    I am a physics and engineering major. And astronomy was my passion when I was smaller.

• I would vote A but.. Trump. Anyway we're being ignorant and stupid when we say we're the only form of life in the universe. I mean, just look at how many species there are in earth. I don't say that aliens look like ET or that they made the pyramids, or any of these conspiracy theories. I'm just saying that in some kind of form, they DO exist

• To think there aren't other lifeforms out there is terribly close minded. But if I were an alien, I wouldn't want to be discovered. Too much bs going on with the human race to bother with us.

• I used to believe they existed, but I honestly believe we're the only ones. If anything (not meaning to sound like a religious nut) I believe what we think are aliens are just actually demons.

• I'm certain it does. The universe is just so vast I find it hard to believe we're the only life forms out there at all, you know?

• Because I don't see proof, I'm gonna go with unknown. I'm not believing any sites, people will do anything for money and attention. I have no reason to say yes nor no

• Yes! I'll say yes, maybe they don't look as we think but there must be someone else out of this planet... to think we are the only ones makes extremely egocentric :p

• With my understanding on how completely vast space is, and how life maybe have potentially originated... I'd say that it's practically impossible for life NOT to exist! Mathematically speaking that is!

• i don't believe there are. i just feel if there really was aliens they would be common knowledge. i just don't believe if the government knew they would be able to keep a secret that big. i just don't believe any secret can be kept forever.

• Yes, if humans exist , why can't other life forms? The universe is a very complex place.

• yes with all the news of UFO sightings out there aswell it can be true, its always possisble , we should never be doubtfull as the universe is big

• I do believe that alien life does exist, I mean the universe is huge and the way we were created, science explains that it was due to molecular chemical reactions and we evolved that way. Of course some people have other religious views. But if science claims that then many other planets may have had the same happen. Normally scientists are slower at finding things out like before scientists thought the world was flat until years of research, experiments and analyzation they figured that it was actually round.. At this point scientists can only say yes or no without actually supporting it,
    Other forms of life does exist outside somewhere in the universe, but we just don't have the technology to figure out where exactly that life exists.

• That's a Blue Lacy dog in the noodle pic. Best breed ever. Look it up.

• Yes. We are quite insignificant compared to the universe, so I simply don't believe that we're the only creatures that exist in it. I can't discard the possibility that extraterrestrial life does not exist just because we humans haven't found anything beyond this world (supposedly).

• I believe there are other creatures created but we still didn't find them. There's millions of galaxies and we are just one of them. So I sure think in some other galaxy there's other creatures. Maybe not like how we imagine them, but yeah XD

• The universe is so big, it's almost inevitable that alien life exists, we just haven't found it

• I'm unsure, but I'd like to think there is. It would be awesome if there was

• More from Girls
    111

What Guys Said 145

• Here's how I theorize it. Maybe a Biblical scholar can challenge my map, but here goes:

There's the framework of Outer Reality, with logic-defined "walls" that form it. Because all that is must be so in a context of something. Thus, there's not true "crossing" the wall, as the Cosmos show discussed - you simply get transported to a different section.

Within this Overrealm are three lesser realms and four mini-realms. One is extremely small, and is the Celestial Court. There is Metabeautalium, which contains a Heaven World where the Holy City resides. Then there is Depositalium, which has the Hell World equivalent. Then there are the Chasm Tubes. Then there's Physicalia - the upside-down onion-shaped universe where the Locales of Truth combine to form the strings that make up the quarks that allow physical reality as we know it to exist. All of it elaborately coded into existence - almost as if we lived in the Matrix. (Though, the rules are infinitely harder to violate.)

The Metabeautalium-Depositalium Chasm Tube, or the Great Chasm (Luke 16:26) is plugged, serving as a sort of cosmic firewall to keep the Sacred and the Profane from mixing in a way that would destroy all reality.

The others are merely portals. The "tunnel" you see light at the end of in a near-death experience.

So what are aliens?

Type A: Inverse-Ancient Astronaut. They were once one of us, but somehow got exiled to that other world and transformed by it. And found a way back.

Nearly the entire Dozerfleet Megaverse uses this trope. It is the entire point of Stationery Voyagers; but is also used to explain away Meethlites and Phaelites in The Gerosha Chronicles. It also allows Volkonir's story to be possible in-universe, as well as explaining away the silly powers in Camelorum Adventures.

Type B: Demons posing as aliens to deceive us. Seem to target those who already have an occult bent. The bigger question is why they aren't powerful enough to pull this shenanigan on all of us all the time, rather than why they can target some. "Cherinob" uses this explanation.

Thank you very much for your detailed opinion.

• The most common elements in the universe also happen to be exactly what comprises life, in nearly the same exact order. Hydrogen is the most common element in the universe and is also the most common element in our bodies. The next most common is helium, but that's biologically inert, so our bodies have no need for it. Next in the universe, you have oxygen, which is also the next most common element in life... and so on and so forth, down the list, in almost the exact same order in both the universe and our bodies.

These elements are absolutely all over the universe. We do not know the exact conditions that started life on the planet, so there is no way of calculating the odds of it happening elsewhere... but given the size of the universe, which is nearly unfathomable and the fact that the ingredients to create life are everywhere, it seems to me that it would be incredibly foolish to assume that we are somehow special and unique.

Long ago, we believed the sun orbited the earth, because we thought we were quite literally the reason for everything existing. Galileo debunked this (and spent the rest of his life confined to his home by the Roman Catholic Church because the discovery contradicted their religious dogma) and we had to accept that the earth, like other planets, orbited the sun.. Still, people couldn't let go of wanting to feel special, that they were the reason for everything... and they insisted that our solar system had to be the center of the universe. Now we know that's rubbish... and people still, to this day want to insist that, as vast as the universe is, we're special and completely unique. I don't think so.

I suspect that there are carbon based life forms elsewhere in the universe... but I do not believe there are intelligent beings visiting our planet or even flying around our neighborhood of the universe.

• The chances of there not being aliens in the universe are so much slimmer than the chances of there being aliens. I actually think life is pretty common and there's probably 100's if not 1,000's of civilizations all differing in their advancement. The universe is just way to large for us to a one off. We already know that the creation of amino acids, one of the building blocks of life is found on asteroids and they can easily be formed spontaneously. If thr conditions are right, I think the question isn't whether life will but rather when and there's countless planets out there with all the right conditions to allow the development of life. Hell there might be life forms that have a different biological makeup than ours increasing the chances of even more life forms to exist.

• In the vastness of the universe I find it much harder to believe that life does NOT exist elsewhere than that it does. I believe that it exists in relative abundance. By that I mean that while it may only appear in places that are very far apart from each other, there are so many places in the vast universe that that sums up to a whole lot of life in spite of the distance between habitats.

I also believe in God and do not see the existence of other life in the universe to be in conflict with that belief. I feel the same way about evolution. I think there is a God and I also think that there was an evolutionary process of life on earth. I don't see the need for a conflict.

Finally, I think that much of science will someday be proven to be innacurate. When I hear scientists and their deciples say things like "we now know," all I can think of is how foolish they sound. Like we know ANYTHING with any kind of certainty. Mankind sure has a high opinion of itself considering it is nothing but a speck upon a speck in the vastness of the unknown universe and we can't even explain how that universe was created. Mankind... get over yourself! You don't know ANYTHING!

• They walk among us

@ayylamo

i0.kym-cdn.com/.../abb.png

They're talking about you man, 100 + opinions on this question. You're a celebrity

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• I believe in aliens. But I do not believe they are what everyone thinks.

I believe they are demons, or fallen angels, Nephilim, cast out of God's presence and cursed to Earth. I believe they want to be worshipped as they are demons, but rebuking them in Jesus' Name sends them away, because they fear God, Jesus, and the Holy angels.

Oh, and a.45 will kill them.

• Alien life? Probably. BUT the universe is so immense
    (The observable universe is about 28 billion parsecs (91 billion light-years) in diameter.[3] The size of the entire Universe is unknown)

www.wired.com/.../...niverse_with_measurements.jpg

BUT the universe is so immense and the number of galaxies is so immense too (According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred BILLION galaxies in the observable universe )

The possibility of ever encountering alien life is thus next to zero.

Thus nothing to worry about.

• isn't really a question that they do. Its more likly to win the first price in a lotterly several billion times in a row if everyone on earth playd this lottery than for it to not be alien life in the universe. We call dna evidence proof, which is funny. Cause its more likely its life out there than for a dna test to be correct. Way more.

Not to mention all the crazy amounts of ufo stuff here on earth already that people have seen. So much unexplained, so much evidence of it too. Yet fear hold humanity back so much, from simply even studying it, but thankfully some scientists do at least.

• Yes I do just look at the Drake equation and that's been updated I wish I could post a photo I took for you to see that's why I asked how do I post a photo. This photo would blow you away. And like I said check out the Drake equation that will help you in making up your own mind about if there is anybody out there

You can post links by putting spaces between dots like this : www. girlsaskguys. com

• Given the known size of the universe and how vast it is (mind-bogglingly so), the odds against the only life in the universe being on only one planet (ours) are pretty high. So yes, I think it's highly probable that life -- in whatever form it might take -- exists elsewhere in the universe.

• the mathematical probability that there exists life out there is almost 100%.

the question is... where is it and how intelligent is it? Maybe it's just some form of bacteria, maybe it's some highly intelligent life form.

There are billions of stars in our galaxy, many of them have at least one or multiple planets. And there are billions of galaxies like ours. So there are more planets out there than most of us can imagine... how likely is it that ours is the only one where life exists?

i totally agree but for one thing... time. its so unlikley now but could easily have happened before or in the future. this may help explain what i mean... The Universe is old. According to the most recent measurements, it is 13.7 billion years old. The rise of mankind, on the other hand, is fairly recent, with Homo Erectus, the first "modern human," appearing around a million years ago and Homo Sapiens, today's humans, arriving only in the past 200,000 years. Imagine compressing the time the Universe has existed into the span of a single day with the Big Bang occurring at the stroke of midnight. Humans crash the party late - at 11:59:56pm, just four seconds before the end of the day.

Thank you for commenting

• In this wide expanse of a universe, it'd be sad if we are alone.

• It would be arrogant to think that we are as good as it gets!

• Seeing how vast the universe is, it's only logical to believe that somewhere out there is alien life. The only question is if it's intelligent life...

• Now that we know that virtually every star has planets (20 years ago we had no idea) the likelihood of there being other intelligent life on other planets seems to be very high, almost a certainty.

On the other hand, I don't believe that they are flying around in flying saucers doing anal probing.

As many stars as there are in our galaxy (100 – 400 billion), there are roughly an equal number of galaxies in the observable universe—so for every star in the colossal Milky Way, there’s a whole galaxy out there. All together, that comes out to the typically quoted range of between 1022 and 1024 total stars, which means that for every grain of sand on every beach on Earth, there are 10,000 stars out there.

The science world isn’t in total agreement about what percentage of those stars are “sun-like” (similar in size, temperature, and luminosity)—opinions typically range from 5% to 20%. Going with the most conservative side of that (5%), and the lower end for the number of total stars (1022), gives us 500 quintillion, or 500 billion billion sun-like stars.

There’s also a debate over what percentage of those sun-like stars might be orbited by an Earth-like planet (one with similar temperature conditions that could have liquid water and potentially support life similar to that on Earth). Some say it’s as high as 50%, but let’s go with the more conservative 22% that came out of a recent PNAS study. That suggests that there’s a potentially-habitable Earth-like planet orbiting at least 1% of the total stars in the universe—a total of 100 billion billion Earth-like planets.

So there are 100 Earth-like planets for every grain of sand in the world. Think about that next time you’re on the beach.

Moving back to just our galaxy, and doing the same math on the lowest estimate for stars in the Milky Way (100 billion), we’d estimate that there are 1 billion Earth-like planets and 100,000 intelligent civilizations in our galaxy.1

• I think so just because of the size of the universe that is probably not even possible to comprehend with thehuman mind. Just recently I saw a earthlike planet has been found. If there is even a virus or something like that there it would qualify as alien life. But could there be more? Something like insects or worms, fish mamals? It's possible. Could there even be a advanced civilisaion that's more advanced than us?

I guess it is possible. Since the universe is so immense there could be a species that is more advanced and has travelled to multiple planets but they could be so far away that they wouldn't know and we wouldn't either. We can't even see the entire universe and what we see is often delayed a lot because it's so far away that light has to travel years before reaching us. I think Astrophysics is amazing and definitely is discovering great things but we are still at the beginning of discovering space. The say a lot hasn't been discovered yet about the oceans ON THIS PLANET imagine the vastness of space. Maybe there's multiple advanced civilisations out there and the just haven't fcome close to us by coincidence, who the fuck knows. So far the only thing a human has visited except earth is the moon, that's not even another fucking planet, but we're talking about solar systems galaxies etc.

I think a lot of people want to think we are the most advanced beeings and there can't be anything more than bakteria out there. And some people want to think there's definitely intelligent aliens that will come to us. Maybe it's the uncertainty that scares people but I think it's nothing to be scared of. We don't know much. We could be the first advanced lifeform or not, both is possible. I think that's the only thing we can really say at the moment.

There's so much we don't know that it's hard to say what's not possible :P. Honestly I think if there's alien life and we find it it will probably look nothing like anything that has been drawn or imagined or designed in a game or captured in a movie. At least that's what I hope because it would be funny to me :).

• I'd say that to think that among all of those uncountable stars and planets there is no alien life is just absurd.

• Space as we know is endless. I doubt human brain can get that. So I do believe that we are not alone in the universe. I do believe that some of the world's government covering the truth because aliens maybe already made some attempts to connect with mankind.

• Alien life is 100%

It's a matter of intelligent alien life. And I think yes indeed there is. Probably watching us to some extent

Take for example a tardigrade. These little guys can live in a pure vacuum for decades and survive. They can live in below freezing temp and boiling water temp as well. They just don't die

So imagine if we have a creature on earth that can survive in the vacuum of space. It's most probably others similar mechanisms exist on other planets

• I'm 97% sure they exist.

why exactly 97% lol :D

I guess that... chances they don't exist are very low, between 3-5%, Universe is an enormous place :P

• Anything is possible... after binge watching x-files, it kind of makes you think. I don't agree with chariot of the gods, but I'm betting we at least have life on other planets somewhere

Can't beat Independence day, the original alien and aliens are good too, men in black, e. t., close encounters of the third kind, war of the worlds, mars attacks, mars needs moms, explorers, super 8, treasure planet, star wars, star trek, my favorite martian, lilo and stitch, my stepmother was an alien, space jam, zathura, sorry I got carried away

haha lol.. thanks for the suggestions :)

• If there were extraterrestrials, they'd probably be in Mexico, since there's proof there. I can only imagine if they revealed themselves and they only knew Spanish as the only language of the USA.

And some of those ancient gods worshiped might have been alien bio-weapons, like Ogre from Tekken 3.

• It sure is possible with the amount of universes out there and would be even more unlikely of us being the only life forms but may not be the same type of life forms that we would expect

• I think there are aliens. The universe is so large, so it is possible that there is other intelligent life out there.

• Yes but I'm not going to say whether that life is intelligent or not because I can't make that claim but to claim that we are the only life in the universe especially intelligent life because that would be just outrageously arrogant.

• Alien life? Yes. SENTIENT alien life? Maybe. Sentient, spacefaring aliens who are Type I or high on the Kardashev Scale? Pushing it a bit...

• Probably. Most likely.
    But I think alien life which is like animals/plants (not bacteria etc.) is extremely rare. Maybe a 1 in a billion chance on each planet/solar system.

Maybe people have already encountered aliens. All throughout human history people have reported seeing aliens. 'People from the stars'. Far more advanced than the world now.
    But I bet if the government makes contact, they'd go to war or something. Why can't we be friends? I'd love to have alien friends

• I don't know. Can't say one way or the other because there's no reliable evidence of aliens. But, in the words of Stephen Fry in Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy, "Space, says the introduction to the guide, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind bogglingly big it is. And so on." So while there is no reliable evidence, it's fair to say that at least one other planet somewhere in the universe may have life on it.

• without a doubt, you really think a planet out in the vast universe hasn't undergone the same changes/evolution planet earth has? Yeah it might be like 1 planet per galaxy and they might only be as advanced as us, but somewhere out there, there is definitely intelligent lifeforms.

• More like organisms more and less advanced than humanity? yes , but like what you see on movies no. Celestial entities that are more than 3 dimensional of course but we're not intellectually evolved to handle it as humanity for we're still dealing with Racism & Class-ism ; dealing with ideologies that separate us like Feminism , Religions and Ethnic biases between us to ever be able to handle anything within / beyond our solar systems.

• More from Guys
    115