Do you feel you should be arrested for Sexually assaulting someone else within a video game?

If somehow, someway this was possible, should that person be arrested?

This is something being debated right now due to a woman claiming she's been sexually assaulted through Sony's new Playstation VR

Article:
http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/technology/virtual-reality-sexual-assault/

• Yes they should be arrested if this was possible
  • No they should not

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm slightly disgusted, but no, it's just a video game. It's nothing like the real thing (even if some games on vr are pretty trippy). If it was really bothersome, couldn't she have left the lobby or whatever? If anything, the person should have a temporary suspension from online gameplay. But still, it's just a video game.

Most Helpful Guy

• Jesus christ just back out and start a new session with different people like everyone else does when they are faced with a situation similar to this.

EVERYONE deals with online harassment when they play online video games. I say everyone yet still feel like I'm being melodramatic because really everyone does face harassment on online video games if they play for more than an hour. If this triggered her she should never go near a call of duty game. You wouldn't believe the offensive shit that is said in game session on that.

Some people just don't have the mental strength to survive in the real world. It's not sunshine and rainbows. It never has been and it never will be.

What Girls Said 22

• Quite honestly, I can understand her perspective. However, I don't think it should be something he could be arrested for. I think maybe suing him for emotional damages or some such could be reasonable (though I really don't think she could actually get much out of it), particularly considering that people in the US sue over far less plenty of the time. But I don't think there should be a specific law covering it. However, I would support the game/whoever's in charge of that stuff making it against their personal rules, since that's a very reasonable policy to have as a individual game/company.

• Only if She is being Stalked by Donkey Kong.
    Good luck and Been a Long One, hun, but Thanks for the Late Nite Invite. xx

• This is more ridiculous than the whole 'Hugh Mungus' thing.

• I swear things re just getting out of hand.

• No I don't like the precedent.

• Yeah I've had multiple wet dreams about killing him in all kinds of ways! 😌

Ok wrong answer to wrong question, how did this happen? 😂 Ignore

@dissolute_dog Hahahaha ok the original question to this was if "you ever fantasised about your boss" just so this isn't too out of context lmao

Haha I thought it worked rather well with this question too, though. Maybe you were dreaming about killing the virtual-reality molester. :P

• Hahahaha What?
    That's ridiculous...

• At the very least, he should pay a fine to her. Should he be arrested? No. But he shouldn't get away with no punishment for harassing her.

• That girl should be arrested for stupidity, is she really claiming she was sexually assaulted in a fucking game? -_- I'm done with humanity.

you must have missed the post someone made about catcalling being sexual assault

@GAGAnon oh I'm well aware of those, I'm so sick of some women claiming those dumb things are rape, in my mind they're insulting girls who been truly raped. I mean i think "eye rape" is totally a thing now too -_-

• Dude. Go to bed.

• The person in the game being asssaulted should have a machete to chop body parts off the attacker.

• Just a general video game? No. but virtual reality on the other hand is said to feel very real and in such I can see how that could be a perilous experience. I don't necessarily think charges should occur, after all, worst comes to worst, you can just take off the helmet, but possibly strickter regulations to be enforced on multiplayer by staff, so that people can enjoy the game without this nuncience, maybe consequences such as being banned for a period of time, etc.

• How do you even sexually assault anyone in a game? That doesn't make any sense!

• huh?
    see why I don t like video games ahaha

• well no

• That's stupid.

• that's kinda a lot really stupid

• Lmao whut

• Hellz no.

• What the hell, it's a fucking video game. No, they should not be arrested, they did nothing wrong.

• Arrested, no; suspended for some time, yes.

• This is so...

What Guys Said 33

• i voted no but also didn't realize this was about virtual reality gaming.

i do think there probably has to be something in place to stop or penalize virtual reality sexual assault. either make it so it isn't possible to do it, which seems like something that they could do OR cancel accounts of those who do assault others, and i guess as a last and final straw prosecute those who do it

• It is very wrong but I don't know if it is an arrestable offence - I would be all for a naming and shaming, possible life bans from games and the internet if possible, I personally think the naming and shaming, media attention and encouraging a punitive civil lawsuit that would make people think twice about trying it.

• Yeah, go ahead and arrest the writers and the cast of Game of Thrones too.

scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/.../...519457_n.png

And she's only been assaulted 2 times in real life. Bitch, I'm in double digits and I don't complain when that happens in games XD

• Not ignoring the fact that some men are just disgusting... she also has to realize its a game, its your choice to play it or leave it. As for the player, they probably should be suspended for inappropriate behavior.

Your last sentence is what i think would be the correct action to take in these instances

Some men still disgust me lol... thats why people think gamers are these fat greasy slobs who can't talk or approach girls cuz they are disgusting and ugly.. so the only time they have the nerve is in the virtual world. Their blood gets hot when they meet a girl online lol... I've seen guys LET girls win in games just cuz. The moron in this instance has probably never touched titties before and this was an opportunity.

• should you consider watching a movie where someone is killed by a murderer, should you arrest someone for thinking about hitting another person (never actually consider doing it)?

where do you draw the line? for me this is a kathartic experience, that everybody is allowed to experience like theatre or movies or even your very own imagination.

for me, people who criminalize things you do in a GAME are morons... sorry.

• The idea is absurd and insane enough to have come from the mind of a Feminist.

• Hell not, no different than killing people in video games. If they woman didn't wan't to be sexually assaulted than all's she would of had to do is simply quit/turn the game off when it first started. Next thing you know someone will get killed in a video game and expect the person that killed them to be put on death row.

• its just a ploy by the government that lady is full of crap.

• That is the dumbest thing i've seen I all year.

• How is sexual assault in a video game even possible?

• No. It's not possible, and she's fucking stupid and should be banned from ever playing any kind of game again.

• No that's really stupid

• Toad stop fucking inviting me to your question goddamit

• No, because in an actual sexual harassment/rape situation the person being raped/harassed has no power whatsoever, whereas if you're sexually assaulted/raped in a game you have the power to get up and walk away from the game or turn it off.

Whoever voted Yes should seriously consider necking themselves.

• That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

That's like if I'm playing a first person shooter and then I get charged for murder for shooting someone in the game

• how fucking lame is that. its a god dam video game!!! who fucking cares you thin skined cry baybies.

• Uh no lol it would be pretty ridiculous to do that.

• This is becoming too extreme.

• lol no

• It's a video game.

• What is problem with them?

• I lol'd so hard while reading an article :D

• Thats total SJW bull.

• Im just trying to imagine how that's possible do they mean just verbal assault or what

• People like the one in the article don't deserve the privilege of freedom of speech.

• How to fix this problem:
    Allow friendly fire in every game :)

• Wait... huh? How do you do that in a video game?
    🤔

• Just block them on the game or get off if it lol

• That's really not going to hold up in court.

• What the fuck

• More from Guys
    3