At what age are you 'THE OLD GUY' in the club?

When you go out clubbing you sometimes find an 'old guy' in the club that stands out from the rest. Some people avoid him / her. I know there are different clubs with different average age groups. I am talking about a modern adult club scene.

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the club. Some clubs have people mostly in their 20's/early 30's. I've been to clubs with people who are well into their 40's. I think if it's a club with mostly 20+ years old and a guy is 40 years old then I think he'd be the old guy in the club.

What Girls Said 8

• 35...
    But I just don't see myself in any club right now, much less in a few years...
    That may have something to do with the fact that the only people that actually go out (to clubs) in Europe are mostly young people - barely teenagers to mid to late 20's.
    Anyone else could go out, but it's just frowned upon - makes the person look very desperate or sad in my culture.

• I think from 27/28+

Some people go to clubs to meet people and maybe hook up. Therefore, do you think there could be a difference between men and women with regards to the average age in clubs as most women prefer older men? (If you agree with that theory)

@OfDeath I see your point. Maybe we are sometimes oblivious to the fact that there can be different age groups in clubs (e. g. 20-30, 30-40). Maybe some have different perceptions because there are so many different kinds of clubs and club scenes. However, the older one gets the less likely it becomes that you'd find people at a similar age.

Oh. The pretentious clubs. No I don't go to those. We do frequent different scenes.
      The real people's clubs are more diverse.

I did go to one of those the other week and they were definitely going to let us in (me, one person older and one person younger) but it was a $25 entrance fee each so I was (as the leader of the group) no and we went to a couple of different clubs before ubering it home.

• 40 year old guy, i think 30s are still consider young.
    I was in that scene from the ages of 22-23 and then I jumped off that boat

• I've talked to 34 year olds and while not completely out of place I still a bit old.

• Late 20s to 30s...

• 25+

...

Lol every club I've bounced at in LA.. that is THE age to go.

Depends on the venue lol. I worked at this place called OPM in OC and the average age was 25-30. Everyone had money and looked good. More classy. That depressing to think life ends at 25 lmao. In LA it's pretty much all like that.

@Chico_brah Those are prolly more high class bars/clubs that ony certain people can get into which is completely diff from what im talkin about

• maybe 30 somth

• If the scene is mostly people in their twenties then I think being out of your 30's is way to old unless you are there as a date of for someones birthday...

What Guys Said 7

• im 49 and still go clubbing when i like. i remember being 22 at a festival and a young lass saying it was really good i felt i could still come to such events so i guess everyone has there own ideas. i guess it helps i love edm and grime though... if i was still into 80s dirge i wouldn't go clubbing today

• If you scan the room and can't spot the I'm-too-old-to-be-here-guy at the club, then you're probably him. lol

lol. Possibly. Unless of course the club has an age range.

• Good question. Probably depends if you have money. I'm pushing 30 and still go to clubs.

Do you know who Neil Strauss is? He was 32 when he began his journey.

One of the biggest players in my city is a 36 year old lawyer who is always surrounded by younger girls.

I find it interesting that there are vastly different perceptons on age range. Maybe a poll would have been better?

True. I think it also largely comes down to whether we feel happy and comfortable with the people we are with, young or old.

• Depends on what club.

• 40's I'd say

• Age 22 usually is too old. Gtfo grandpa.
    -This message has been endorsed by jeb bush

• 22, 23