Girls, Would you view 'Pink' as a good role model for Women?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I'm a fan. Pink is unapologetic about her imperfections and feelings and that's what I love about her music. Whether she's singing a song about her crazy feelings like in Please Don't Leave Me, or shouting out So What she never holds back. She's real. She knows that she can get a littlw crazy and a little loud and be kind of a mess, but she doesn't care because she's not looking for anyone's approval. That's what makes Pink a good role model for girls. Girls face so many challenges in life. We're constantly worried about being labeled a slut, a prude, a bitch, too loud, too quiet, bossy, a doormat, crazy, over emotional and more. Pink just does not care, and I respect that. She doesn't care if she comes off as the crazy ex-girlfriend, or the party girl, or the drunken mess, or the badass rebel because she knows who she is and she won't let anyone else define her. That's real empowerment!

What Girls Said 21

• Yes!

Yes, yes a thousand times over!

She doesn't teach how to give a blowjob or breakup or lick construction equipment, she teaches how to be a good person, to be yourself, to not rely on THEM and to focus on YOU. But sometimes its okay to lean on a shoulder and cry. She teaches that relationships take work and how hard it can be to be in a broken family. She's not scared to tackle political issues if they mean something to her, and she doesn't not do something for fear of a reaction.

She is one of the only people the media has any kind of grip on, that I would ever think of looking up to.

• I think she is a good role model for certain types of women. We all have different needs, morals, ethics etc.

i am more taking he ' empowerment' as the basis for this question. she has such a demeanour of it and is so about motivating it in other women with her songs

• I like Pink. The only thing I would not agree with in terms of her being a role model, is the feeling that in order to be taken seriously as a female you can not look feminine. This is sth I do not agree with. Doesn't mean I think that the feminine standard should be imposed to anyone, it just bothers me that people seem to expect stupidity to come out of every beautiful woman's mouth.

She isn't respected because of the way she dresses ss respected because of the messages in each of her songs. she's all about independance and being yourself but sometimes its okay to need someone.

She isn't talking about her hundredth breakup or singing like a frog is stuck in her mouth, and any reference to sex is just as beautiful as the rest of the song and doesn't grate on your ears like other singers somehow manage to do.

she's respected because she's like a breath of fresh air in a world where ALL the other singers have subscribed to the one party, while P! NK dances in her own home with her family.

People dont 'expect' stupid shit to come out of pretty womens mouths, it just always does because famous women today? Theyre all the same. Out for the money and publicity, not caring for anything else.

@BaileyisDarcy I agree with what you wrote about Pink. I do not agree with this:
      'People dont 'expect' stupid shit to come out of pretty womens mouths, it just always does because famous women today? Theyre all the same. Out for the money and publicity, not caring for anything else.'

About women who say all this, other people assume they are jealous/bitter. Most of the time, they are. The world is filled with beautiful and intelligent women. It just hurts to notice them and give them credit for what's on the inside as well as the outside. But the outside is more difficult to deny so then we call them stupid and think it will make us feel better.

• i'd say she's better than a lot of those phonies. i. e. nicki manaj, taylor swift, ariana grande. i don't look at her so much as a role model, but an inspiration because she just seems so much more real than they do.

i admire her empowerment and how she inspires it

i don't really "need" men either, but i want one anyway. i guess i would like to be strong in my character like she is, but with a softer edge.

i think she has a softer edge in her insightful empathy

• She really is amazing, if you ask me. She' real, honest, makes fun of 'stupid' girls - I like the example she sets and the message she sends to young women about their role in the world.

• Not really looking to give a detailed answer just wanted to comment on the fact that she's AMAZING with her daughter, brings a smile to my face

• love pink she one of the only female artist thats big that i look up to he rest no she has pretty strong messages in her music i connect to the music more then the other crap these days she a good woman that i would love to have characteristic like her

• I think she is a good role model because she is not afraid to be vulnerable. She puts her life on display and doesn't try to hide flaws and weaknesses, which ultimately makes her stronger. You can see it in her music and demeanor that she's a fighter and has issues of her own, and this creates a sense of transparency that makes her so much more relateble to her fans. She uses her struggle as empowerment and I love that about her.

• Yeah she actually has good messages in her songs.

• Yes I love pink. She's real. I love the stupid girls song. She's a good role model to all girls out there.

• As a good role model not likely.

• Sure.

• Lol I never needed a role model

• I like her a lot

• I think she's cool. Not too big into her style but she's all about being yourself so that's awesome

• Yes! I like her music

• Maybe her songs can be inspirational.

• Her music is ok as for a role model no.

• I absolutely ADORE Pink!!!

• nah not really

• I think a rock has is better role model